Dhoni denies to be drawn Into Test Captaincy Debate

SachDan

All this is just PC talk, hoping to silence those sections of the media, which doesnt miss a single chance to hype-up the Dhoni's campaign for captaincy. I am sure the atmosphere within the dressing room is very professional and mature. Dhoni may be the ODI captain, but when it comes to the test team, everyone understands that Kumble is the leader. It helps that our team is filled with gentleman like Sachin and Dravid. The only odd-one-out was Ganguly, who routines uses the media to make blatant anti-Dhoni statements. Now, even he seems to be out. I really cannot believe how low the media can stoop, just to create stories out of nothing.
wat anti dhoni statements did he make? btw wats PC talk?
wat anti dhoni statements did he make? btw wats PC talk?
By anti-Dhoni, I am referring to those statements that Ganguly routinely makes in the press, openly challenging Dhoni's pro-youth policy for ODIs. PC - Politically Correct, stuff thats said only to please certain sections.
I dont understand why we should even look at sehwag to lead indian test side. Success in ODI and T20 has shown has it in him to lead Indian side; he is our No 1 keeper so its not as if his place is under any kind of threat. An average of 35 isnt terrible for a keeper and with time it will only go up. So when he will be in playing XI given how successful he has been with captaincy why shouldnt he lead the test side. If batting averages made a person good captain; you-know-who would have also been the greatest captain ever to have played this game
his place is not secure, he's just been given a long rope bcoz he's seen as a future captain. dinesh karthik performed consistenly well as an opener , one bad series against pak n he was out.also his glovework is at par wid dhoni,if not better,the reason why he couldnt perform against sl was he was keepin against kumble after a long time, n kumble is a freak spinner to keep to, you need regular practice,also he knew that unless he performs miraculously he wud be kicked out,he did nt feel secure,give him ten straight test matches n he 'll do better than dhoni,i'm sure

I don't mind Dhoni being captain but if Dhoni does end up becoming captain, then play whatever he wants to but he can't say that i need rest or something for a seires as big as sri lankan test series which he just missed recently. i am not being a critic here. dhoni did miss the test series against lanka, but that time he was just a player and not regular INdian captain, once he is the test captain i expect, infact we all should expect him to play all those important series and not to take rest in such test series which don't involve any minnowz

I don't mind Dhoni being captain but if Dhoni does end up becoming captain, then play whatever he wants to but he can't say that i need rest or something for a seires as big as sri lankan test series which he just missed recently. i am not being a critic here. dhoni did miss the test series against lanka, but that time he was just a player and not regular INdian captain, once he is the test captain i expect, infact we all should expect him to play all those important series and not to take rest in such test series which don't involve any minnowz
If he was made test captain, then i'm sure he would have probably missed out on one of the ODI series