Finding Best XIV to snatch BG Trophy

umpire

Chosen 11: Sehwag, Gambhir, Dravid, Sachin, Laxman, 6th Spot, Dhoni, Kumble, Harbhajan, Ishant, Zaheer Based on recent performances, I think Akash Chopra, Raina, Badrinath, and Kaif might compete for the 6th spot with Ganguly, of course. I'm not sure they'll succeed but I think they deserve a chance. Whether this is the series to test or not, I am not totally sure. As far as bowlers go, I think RP Singh will lose out on this because of form. He was terrific in Australia but failed to recreate the same consistency in the series against SA at home - I am not too confident that he can bowl as well on our dry, low pitches. I dislike Munaf because he doesn't show any energy in the field (nope, not even as much as Ganguly does). So I don't want to pick him. Murali Kartik performed well in England T20 Championships (I was there at Lord's at one of the games this season and he did bowl well). Though its T20, he also performed well against the Aussies in the ODI Series last year, and in the previous Test Series at home. He could be our backup spinner in case Harbhajan doesn't fire. That said, I don't see the squad changing but for the 6th spot (I think Ganguly will be selected as far my prediction goes).

Hes there but middle order. Can you imagine him coming in after a solid foundation has been laid. Too often he goes mental only for a snail paced middle order to hand the initiative right back to the opp. Or him coming in after a top order collapse and THEN wrest intiative away with counter attacking amazingness.

Hes there but middle order. Can you imagine him coming in after a solid foundation has been laid. Too often he goes mental only for a snail paced middle order to hand the initiative right back to the opp. Or him coming in after a top order collapse and THEN wrest intiative away with counter attacking amazingness.
We have a fine opening pair who likes to play their shots and take away the shine of the ball as quickly as possible which will only help our middle order.