Finding Best XIV to snatch BG Trophy

umpire

Lets we all be selectors. And we are selecting the team. Lets Debate We need 14 7 batsman 1 keeper 6 bowler So far we have Sehwag Gambhir Dravid SRT (if fit) Laxman Keeper Dhoni Bolwlers Zaheer Kumble Ishant Bhajji So we have two middle order places open. It could be Kaif, Badri, Ganguly or Yuvraj Bowlers we have one seamer and one spinner. Seamer will be either Munaf, RP Singh, Sreesanth (if fit) and Spinners it will be Ojha and Chawla So brainstorm, if you have any other candidate, bring it in.

Third Seamer position is almost sealed. I will go with Munaf, he is in form and bowling well. Third Spinner is also sealed, Ojha takes it. Now 2 batting spots, I will go with Ganguly with his experience. I will wait for ROI v/s Delhi game to end and decide on Kaif or Badri. I think Kaif is leading after 94 runs against Aus A.

Third Seamer position is almost sealed. I will go with Munaf, he is in form and bowling well. Third Spinner is also sealed, Ojha takes it. Now 2 batting spots, I will go with Ganguly with his experience. I will wait for ROI v/s Delhi game to end and decide on Kaif or Badri. I think Kaif is leading after 94 runs against Aus A.
What makes you think Ojha's place is certain? If Sachin is not fit, then I think Ganguly should be drafted in. We cant afford to leave behind 2 of the fab 4, going into this important series.
Sehwag, Gambhir, VVS, Tendu Dravid, Chopra, Dhoni, Bhajji, Kumble, Zaheer, Munaf, Ishant. D. kartik
I doubt whether Akash Chopra or Karthik will get a chance. We already have two in-form openers in Gauti and Viru. Only if one of them get injured or something then Chopra may get a call for the next match. Since its a home series, they will go with just one keeper, which is Dhoni. Ganguly and Badri are the best bets, if Sahin is not available
sometime before Oct. 9th' date=' one would assume....[/quote'] It'll be announced on 1st october: Indian team for the first two tests to be picked on Oct 1 Press Trust Of India Mumbai, September 29, 2008 First Published: 11:38 IST(29/9/2008) Last Updated: 11:50 IST(29/9/2008) The 14-member Indian team for the first two Tests against Australia will be selected on October 1 by the newly-instituted senior selection panel. "The team for the first two tests is to be picked on October 1. It is likely to be in Mumbai but there is also a possibility that it will be done by linking up the selectors through a tele-conference," Cricket board sources told PTI. The reason for having a tele-conference to choose the team is because the camp for the India probables has already commenced at Bangalore and Anil Kumble, who is expected to be chosen to lead the team, may not like to leave the camp, sources said. The first Test is to commence at Bangalore on October 9 while the second is scheduled at Mohali from 17. ________________________________________________________ :nervous: