Team for the 1st 2 Tests : Ganguly IN

^ Dsr, if you read properly I have clearly said I speak in the context of THIS series ONLY. Go save your useless smilies for your 'Karthik is just what the team needs' kinda threads.
Great come back.............................NOT. In the context of every yardstick kaif is better then Badirinath apart from their batting records:hysterical:
I dont get this' date=' you dont pick Ganguly for either the Irani trophy of the BP XI match and deny him valuable match pratice and then you pick him for the actual test series?[/quote'] I think that there is a point here. For Irani, the selectors gave chance to Kaif and by luck even Badrinath got a look in. The only thing selectors wanted to see if the prospects, who are the first and second in the pecking order, are ready for the international test cricket or not. Sadly both of them disappointed big time. Had both of them scored big and would've held their own against the menacing bowling of Ishant, Ganguly could have been out and even Dravid might have been under pressure. But as it happened, selectors had no other option apart from falling back on the tried and tested players to deliver once again. Ganguly is not short of match practice. He has been playing league cricket (of the standard of Buchi-Babu) in Punjab. I had posted once how he did there.
Great come back.............................NOT. In the context of every yardstick kaif is better then Badirinath apart from their batting records:hysterical:
Hain? If batting records are of any worth, Ganguly should have never been allowed back into the team in late 2006, coz he didnt do anything special in FC cricket when he was dropped. Same is the case for Sehwag, when he was picked for the Aussie tour. Get this into your head: Batting records only apply to newbies and players we dont know much about.
Hain? If batting records are of any worth, Ganguly should have never been allowed back into the team in late 2006, coz he didnt do anything special in FC cricket when he was dropped. Same is the case for Sehwag, when he was picked for the Aussie tour. Get this into your head: Batting records only apply to newbies and players we dont know much about.
And why don't you get it in to your head that your point makes my point. We all know about kaif and we all know he is pants, I will pull up his pathetic international record if you want. We are not talking about some great player who deserves another chance. We are talking about someone who has done jack for India. And how dare you compare his situation to greats like dada and veru.
Graceful exit: What if (& it is a BIG if) he does better than any of the other batting seniors? Should he then retire or should one or all of the other seniors be asked to retire also? I personally think Ganguly has been treated very very poorly by out cricketing administrations. The most successful captain of our time should be treated with some respect. SRT didn't do any better in SL. Everyone (specifically Zubin...) that Dada should be kicked out as he is an oldie. Why are you not talking about SRT or even RD (although to be fair couple of RDs innings were good in SL). If you want to get rid of oldies 'pehle usko retire karo jiska naam SRT hai, phir tum jisko kahoge usko retire kardenge' (sorry - couldn't resist it) start with SRT & then talk about others. This negative bias towards Ganguly is really bad. Also, BTW RD is my favourite not Ganguly. I hope Ganguly does really well & then whatever happens happens. I think RD should also be asked to retire gracefully. OK. Enough of the rant.
I agree with this dude.. ppl get on dada always.. what has also jumbo done lately??? its total bs bias... and these selectors/bcci are ***ing idiots too.. why the **** do that HAVE to let the "past" selectors select squads till their exp. date??? now look what happened, those last monkey's didnt want dada and excluded him from the irani squad. Then we have selectors change and the new great ones( :D) select him, and dada is over their playing in some shithole jp trohpy and not irani one.. he wont get much outta that...and is now is all set to *** it in 1st test. well done again you *******ssss. Should have let the new ones start selecting for the irani trophy too...
come on MM did u forget the phone # line of scores by kaif?? what was it 0, 4, 0, 0, 8 , 3 , 2 0, 2??? with dada in.. kaif would be sittingon the bench anyways.. so might as well let badri come in, sit, watch and get ready. he is the future.
k then u agreee tht Badri is much better than Kaif.. :hatsoff:
And why don't you get it in to your head that your point makes my point. We all know about kaif and we all know he is pants' date=' I will pull up his pathetic international record if you want. We are not talking about some great player who deserves another chance. We are talking about someone who has done jack for India. And how dare you compare his situation to greats like dada and veru.[/quote'] Yea right. Ganguly was pretty poor the previous 2 seasons before he was dropped, didnt do anything special in the FC circuit, but can be picked. On the other hand, Kaif does decently against the Aussie, gets dropped, goes back to FC cricket and is one the leading scorers, but he cant be picked. Bravo logic!
Yea right. Ganguly was pretty poor the previous 2 seasons before he was dropped, didnt do anything special in the FC circuit, but can be picked. On the other hand, Kaif does decently against the Aussie, gets dropped, goes back to FC cricket and is one the leading scorers, but he cant be picked. Bravo logic!
Decently against aussies??? Please show his stats. You only had the courage to type decently:haha: To compare kaif to the Prince of Calcutta is laughable.
Yes. Agree. It a good squad, however I could have done with Kaif over Badrinath since Kaif is a brilliant fielder too. But then it doesn't matter much because there is no chance that anyone will get a chance for the first two tests. Glad that Mishra has been picked finally. Hope he pulls up his socks and increases consistency in his bowling.
Badrinath is a pretty good fielder too (from what i've seen of him)
I dont get this' date=' you dont pick Ganguly for either the Irani trophy of the BP XI match and deny him valuable match pratice and then you pick him for the actual test series?[/quote'] Who picked the squads for those games? was it the older selection committee? I think it may have been, they have always been trying to get rid of Ganguly
I dont get this' date=' you dont pick Ganguly for either the Irani trophy of the BP XI match and deny him valuable match pratice and then you pick him for the actual test series?[/quote'] well that was old group of selectors which didn't pick ganguly. This bunch did pick. it's a totally new group of selectors
If this had been any team other than Australia' date= I would have definitely rooted for Badri.
What are you going on about!!! You have lost it. The stats show that actually if you look at records against oz then Kaif 100% should not play. He averages 30 against them with a top score of 64. Yet you seem to be championing him as some great aussie slayer. You have lost it:confused_smile:
Decently against aussies??? Please show his stats. You only had the courage to type decently:haha: To compare kaif to the Prince of Calcutta is laughable.
an avg of 30 in 6 innings...( and tht all the macthes were played in India) since thts not a remarkable stas(according to u it might be just decent.).. then theres nothing wrong in trying badri over kaif.. .. czu we dont neeed good players n not decent players.. also Kaif's first class avg is 41 compared to Badris 56....
an avg of 30 in 6 innings...( and tht all the macthes were played in India) since thts not a remarkable stas(according to u it might be just decent.).. then theres nothing wrong in trying badri over kaif.. .. czu we dont neeed good players n not decent players.. also Kaif's first class avg is 41 compared to Badris 56....
The stats show if anythhing that cos its against aussies and Kaif is a proven failure against them, that he should not play even more cos its the aussies.
well that was old group of selectors which didn't pick ganguly. This bunch did pick. it's a totally new group of selectors
Which is why, if the selectors arent going to be picking the squad for the next series cus they r done, they should not be allowed be picked squad for dom. games that lead up to the series and should let the new ones pick it... listen to me bcci ****holes :rolleyes:
Which is why, if the selectors arent going to be picking the squad for the next series cus they r done, they should not be allowed be picked squad for dom. games that lead up to the series and should let the new ones pick it... listen to me bcci ****holes :rolleyes:
son, why so much swearin today.. go n check ur mini-golf score.. :D