Team for the 1st 2 Tests : Ganguly IN

Ganguly selected for the first two Tests against Australia 1 Oct, 2008 1435hrs IST, AGENCIES NEW DELHI: Former India captain Sourav Ganguly has been included in the squad for the first two Tests against Australia, by the newly appointed BCCI selection panel headed by Krish Srikkanth on Wednesday. Selectors also picked Delhi spinner Amit Mishra and S Badrinath in Indian squad for the first two Tests. Earlier, Ganguly was ignored for the Irani Cup tie touted as a selection trial by the previous committee with Dilip Vengsarkar at the helm.
If you must hope' date=' why dont you hope that he finds his form back and serves India for a couple more years?[/quote'] cuz enough of this oldie thing.. wanna see some fresh legs.... trust me even when he was in prime form.. he dint lit up the test cricket.. so i dont think he will do anything now.. he might score a century n a lot single digits.. lol

awesome!!!! two small steps forward and ONE GIANT STEP BACKWARDS! HORRRAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY :yay::yay: on a second thought, if he was dropped, the whole of bengal would've gone up in a riot. i don't think selectors wanted to give *any* reason for aussies to complain about further unrest in india :finger:

well how do u know?? tell me how many youngsters they have tried??? 1.Yuvraj 2.Kaif ( dont know why they have dropped him after WI series.. he played welll there) and so???
i think rebuilding phase will start after this series. this series is too big to play kaif,badri n yuvi.they can be tried after this series

I agree that the oldies need to go. May be Tendulkar is the only player who can hold the fort for a few more years for the benefit of the team and the youngsters. But Dravid, Laxman and dada have to make way. May be also Kumble is a year or so. But that has to happen gradually and not at one go. Out of them all dada and Laxman should be the first ones to go out. Dravid has been having a tough time, but I think he will find his form. And yes, we certainly dont have good replacements for them at test level. We have to be very careful in this period of transition.