Analyse the aussies

Hayden-Class, must restrict him to average series and get in to middle order early. Their danger man with bat! Katich-Walking wicket, Pants. Ponting-Shocking record in india. Horrible on turning tracks. If tracks turn he is another walking wicket. Also must be mentally fearful of this tour. Hussey- Class but form is dipping, no Symonds or Gilly to support him and launch counter attacks when chips are dowm, may find himself with the tail sooner then usual. Clarke-Good bat. Also will be their main spinner. If he bowls to many overs may effect his batting Haddin- Very average player despite what some will say. This guy is no gilly more Ambrose. Keeping is very scruffy at times and will struggle on these turners, although the fact aussies have no one who can turn the ball will help. Ok bat no more, wont make tons. He is possibly the second weakest link in team after spinner and the fact he will come as high as 6 means aussies are in trouble. Lee- Top class bowler,Top class fielder as well. Class bloke as well. Great player. But batting at 7 shows vulnerability of oz batting Johnson-Flattering to decieve with his bowling. Will be exposed on this tour and could get raped by shewag. can hit a ball when batting Clarke- Decent line and length bolwer. Compared to mcgrath, we will see after this tour. Krejza- Rubbish and worst spinner in international cricket. Would not even make bangla team. Can't believe aussies will even play a spinner if this is their best. Spinners need runs to bowl with. Won't have that which will make it impossible for him. Siddle- Never seen him play but have a feeling he is pants! All in all weakest oz team for 20 years at least. No warne, no mcgrath, no langer, no gilly and no symonds. None of those players have been replaced by anyone even remotley as good as them! They are in for serious pain!

A good lot with some weaknesses, many strengths, overflowing arrogance, no decency, unreliable, unsporting, very aggressive, hungry, treacherous, moronic but highly talented. Lee is the only exception who has all the good qualities from above and none of the bad ones.

I am amazed to see people underestimating the Aussies so much. Team changes and retirements notwithstanding, the last time they lost a test series was way back in 2005. And even since Warne, McGrath, Langer and Martyn retired, they're yet to lose a test series. The thing about the Aussies is that they have this ruthless professionalism about themselves and this attitude is there among every player out there. So, despite their perceived weaknesses, you can bet on 'em to give it all they got, when the day of reckoning comes. Yes, they're considerably more vulnerable than they've been before, but that doesnt mean they will be pushovers. I certainly hope this sort of gung-ho attitude isnt there among our players, coz we need to take this bloody seriously. Complacency is the last thing we can afford.

the aussies will turn it on when it really matters..thats why they are special thats the reason they are world champions..we have to be on the guard all the time to defeat the aussies..they are not gonna give up easily..im pretty sure when the chips are down the australians will find a new hero and will fight back..so whatever you think about their players doesnt matter because as a team as a unit they are fighters and they will keep coming back at us.. The Indian team has to be analyzed..we have to play to our strengths..the seniors should stand up and be counted..we cannot afford to carry any passengers in our team against aussies..they will ruthlessly expose that..so lets hope we play to our strength because if we do that we will beat them..man to man right now i feel that India is a stronger team..but thats always been the problem with our team..we mite be really strong on paper but on the ground we fail collectively most of the times..If Veeru starts off with a dashing innings then the MO should capitalize on it..so lets hope our players are upto the challenge..

We would have won the last test series on their soil if not for the umpires. Our players know that and their players know that. They are much weaker since then with no gilly, symonds or Macgill. They may have been the best in the world but they are a lesser a force and will be tamed by Inida. Even in their pomp we beat them ala 2001. Our players do not fear them so neither should we. Also can people stop calling them the world chamions as we are. We won the last world cup of cricket so are the world champs:isalute:

Seriously, if this is your honest and not a satirical analysis of the present Australian team, you have been looking at the games from a completely different point of view, where a "walking wicket" equates to "sticking to the wicket". To call Simon Katich a walking-wicket takes a lot of ignorance. I'm not insulting you or anything - just disagreeing with you. I mean these guys have probably the best domestic circuit every, and every one of their records is terrific - and Simon Katich's has been brilliant. As far as your assessment of Ricky Ponting goes, his record has been awful in India - but to count him off could be a huge blunder from our side. This is the guy who struggled a lot against Flintoff and swing bowling in 2005. But against the same bowlers, scored almost a 100+ runs every match in the 2006 Ashes (and winning MoS). He's the guy who brilliantly counterattacked a poor Indian attack in the WC 2003 Final. While I understand that all these innings came outside of India, it is equally important to remember that Ponting is a mentally strong character, and I think his failures have more to do with psychological effects than with the technique he employs. Again, calling Jason Krezja the worst spinner in international cricket is not quite justified. The guy has minimal experience or never bowled in the subcontinent - and he's arguably bowling to some of the best upcoming batsmen (and more importantly, to those who are quite comfortable playing spin). He might be something else completely in the test matches. I don't know - I just am not comfortable accepting that it will be terribly easy beating the Australians this time around. We have more of a chance now than we did in the past 8-10 years. But it will still take a 110% effort from us to match or beat them. Also, um, the T20 WC Achievement <<<< 3 Consecutive 50-50 WCs with winning every match in the WCs since the final of the 1999 WC Semi-Final. So whether we like it or not, they're the best in the world. Don't get me wrong here - I'm also a fanatic supporter of India and there's nothing I'd like better than for our team (with the older generation's last series against Aussies at home) to batter and bruise Australia but realistically, as of right now, it is hard to expect.

Simon Katich could be a rock in the middle order, but i wouldn't count on him as an opener. Ponting scored 41 and 58* in this match vs the BP XI. Not a bad way to start the tour. I expect him to have a good series. It's foolish to suggest that he will struggle because he has done so in the past. Now that he is fully familiar with the Indian bowling attack and Indian conditions, he should do fine. The guy mauls the Indian bowling attack in ODIs, it's only a matter of time before he starts scoring runs against India in test cricket

Simon Katich could be a rock in the middle order' date=' but i wouldn't count on him as an opener.[/quote'] Agree. Australia are shooting themselves in the foot if they open with Katich. He's a fantastic middle order batsman as he's an outstanding player of spin, but a good-at-best player of pace. Given his tendency to shuffle across and occasional uncertainty against swing, I think Zaheer could really give him hell with the new ball. If Australia need an opening combo, Jaques/Hayden is the way to go. Katich should be in the middle order, not shoved around to accomodate Watson.

Being an aussie I will rate the aussie team with truth and honesty no praise for everyone just my blunt assesment. 1-Katich- Should never be in any aussie team. Is a good state level player. I thought the batting conditions would suit him down to a tee in the 2005 ashes and I put most of the blame on him for the loss. He will bat the slowest of any batsmen this series from either team including dravid. Will get a few 40's or 50's but won't make a big score. 2-Hayden- In my opinion is australia's best batsman and has been for many years. Will take on the fast bowling and is brilliant against spin. Along with hussey they will be the 2 guys india will want to get out the most. 3-Ponting- Of course struggles in india but I have on good authority that this series he is changing his approach. Ponting will attack the bowling like a one day game which if he pulls it off the aussies will be hard to beat with quick runs on the board for the team. In a tight series which it will be I hope he doesn't contibute to losing matches with some of his moves as captain as he did in 2005 against england. 4-Hussey- Clearly australia's most reliable batsman who doesn't take any risks yet still scores at a fast rate. Guaranteed to be up there as leading run scorer for the series and I already have money on him at $11. Also brilliant in the field and should be captain ahead of ponting. 5-Michael Clarke- I've never had a high opinion of clarke because with the bat he always seems to struggle when we need a good innings. Will play patient and consistently score 40 to 50 but won't get anywhere near a century. Better not cost us too many over throws in the field also. He will bowl about 15 overs an innings also and will pick up a wicket or 2 an innings also with his straight delivery that seems to trouble the indians into getting hit on the pad right in front. 6-Watson- If he stays injury free will bowl tight medium pacers all series and restrict the run flow without taking to many wickets. Should be opening with hayden but will bat well this series with an average of around 40. A confidence player, if he plays well in the first match he will play well in the nesx test and so on. 7-White- Will play ahead of kreija because he can bat. His bowling is wayward and raw. His leg break turns a mile though especially on the 4th and 5th day but rarely lands it in the right place. Will probably average about 25 with the bat which will help the aussies continuing to put a decent score on the board every innings. 8-Haddin- Shouldn't even be in the team because australia's best keeper and future test and one day star luke ronchi should be. In saying that will still be good with the bat and make a couple of 50's and is good behind the stumps because as is the case in australia we teach the keepers glove work first batting second. If australia are going well he will have a very good series. 9-Lee- Indian people tend to over rate him because he loves being in india so much. He has tightened up his bowling in recent years and will pick up the second most wickets for the aussies this series. Is a good batsmen too and at number 9 is a bonus. 10-Johnson- In long hot series seems to struggle because of fatigue. Becomes wayward as the matches wear on and if he does any damage it will be in the first 2 matches. Very handy with the bat too in what is the deepest batting line up I have ever seen. 11-Stuart Clark Clearly australia's best bowler and one of the best fast bowlers australia have ever produced as is justified by his average and the wickets records he has set such as the fastes aussie fast bowler to get to both 50 and 100 wickets. Could play a 10 test series and never get tired. He will bowl 25 overs an innings and not many bad balls and will take the aussies most wickets this series. also good with the bat as is evident with his score last week as well as scoring a few first class hundreds in the past. Reserves Kreija- If he gets a game ahead of white will bowl alright in the second innings of test matches aand shouldn't bowl too much in the first innings. Is better than all our bowlers with the bat too with a good first class average. Bollinger- Will never play for australia ever Siddle- Is overrated if you can call him that. Another that will never be a regular in the aussie team. Phil Jaques- Is better than katich and if he plays won't make a century but will average a modest 35. Not here- Apart from symonds who will be automatic for the australian summer in a couple of months I can't understand why the selectors didn't put marsh ahead of both katich and jaques in the opening position. Will be a 10 year test player in the future for us. Shane Warne- Is certain to come back for the ashes tour next year. He said he would come back for that series if australia didn't have anyone else worthy of being a spinner in the team. When our spinners fail to deliver in this series and in the next 3 series against new zealand and south africa twice he will slot back in nicely in the line up to destroy england. Retired while he was near his best and should still be playing now seeing as though he is more fit now than he was when he was playing. On the series outlook I think australia will win 2-1 or it will be a 1-1 draw. Australia will retain the series either way. The big problem for india is as always theteam and public seem to be getting carried away like they always do and when it doesn't turn out there way the stop and look for answers. India's best chance in this series was to take a quiet approach and just play cricket but as was the case they have already shot their mouths off with predictions and it just puts too much expectation on the indian team to deal with.

I am amazed to see people underestimating the Aussies so much. Team changes and retirements notwithstanding, the last time they lost a test series was way back in 2005. And even since Warne, McGrath, Langer and Martyn retired, they're yet to lose a test series. The thing about the Aussies is that they have this ruthless professionalism about themselves and this attitude is there among every player out there. So, despite their perceived weaknesses, you can bet on 'em to give it all they got, when the day of reckoning comes. Yes, they're considerably more vulnerable than they've been before, but that doesnt mean they will be pushovers. I certainly hope this sort of gung-ho attitude isnt there among our players, coz we need to take this bloody seriously. Complacency is the last thing we can afford.
Current australian team is definitely weak.
even sachin' date=' dravid, bajji and zaheer will be in the xi[/quote'] So your saying harbajhan will get in the world 11 in front of vettori and murali as the off spinner. As for dravid he wouldn't get in the world second 11 and zaheer just made me laugh he isn't even a certain indian 11 player always in and out.
How can it be weak if Hayden' date= ponting, hussey and stuart clark would all be in the world 11 if they picked the team now. That's close to half the side.
There is no way any of them apart from Ponting will be in world 11 on current form. Sehwag Smith Sangakara Ponting Chanderpaul Peiterson Dhoni Flintoff Brett Lee Murali Steyn

Yea i wouldnt underestimate Katich ... Have a look at his record against India and you might be suprised ... In 8 matches, he has hit 4 fifties and a century and averages 52 Btw ... Brad Haddin is actually a very good keeper. Those who are criticising him havent seen him at State Level. He is a very good keeper. Batting is reasonably good, but his keeping is strong. Spin is the weak link.