Watch out for Bhajji: Sree to Ponting

amit467

PACEMAN Shantha Sreesanth, infamously reduced to tears by the quick-tempered Harbhajan Singh during the Indian Premier League, believes the Indian spinner is genuinely reformed and will keep his word to resist provocation in the Test series against Australia. Sreesanth was ruled out of the tour match that started in Hyderabad yesterday with a sore back, missing a chance to rekindle his colourful rivalry with the Australians. But he backed Harbhajan to be successful against Australia and to continue his dominance of Australian captain Ricky Ponting, whose wicket the off-spinner has claimed eight times in Tests. "I am a huge fan of his and everyone learns from experience. I'm looking forward to playing with him again. Life has moved on and … whatever he has learnt as a cricketer is always good for India," Sreesanth said. Harbhajan was suspended for slapping Sreesanth at the end of an IPL game between the Punjab Kings and Mumbai Indians, after the equally volatile Sreesanth antagonised the Mumbai team, of which Harbhajan was acting captain. "Whatever he speaks, he does it. He's always done well against Australia since those 32 wickets (in 2001) and Ricky Ponting should watch out for him," Sreesanth said. ■ A bid by Harbhajan Singh to represent Victoria or West Australia in the inaugural Twenty20 Champions League tournament in India in December appears doomed. Cricket Australia has ruled out that prospect, saying the rules make him ineligible to play for either state. The fact that Harbhajan had not played for either side during last summer's Australian domestic Twenty20 competition, when the Bushrangers and Warriors qualified for the tournament in India, meant he could not now be included.

Sreesanth is an idiot. His sobbing was deliberate to escalate the issue' date=' which he successfully did. I am quite sure that he had done something stupid enough to get slapped, though one can never justify Bhajji's act.[/quote'] true...all his "tough guy" attitude seemed like a lame joke...he sobbed like a child who lost his/her candy..:cantstop:

Watch out for Bhajji: Sree to Ponting Mumbai: Injured Indian seamer S Sreesanth has warned Aussie skipper Ricky Ponting to watch out for Harbhajan Singh, who has dismissed him eight times from nine innings, in the forthcoming Border-Gavaskar Trophy home series between the two countries. Despite the slap-gate controversy during the Indian Premier League (IPL), Sreesanth claims he has become a big fan of Bhajji and is looking forward to playing with him again. "I am a big fan of Bhajji and everyone learns from experience. I'm looking forward to playing with him again. Life has moved on and…whatever he has learnt as a cricketer is always good for India," he has been quoted as saying in The Age. "He's always done well against Australia since those 32 wickets (in 2001) and Ricky Ponting should watch out for him," he added. Harbhajan slapped Sreesanth after Punjab Kings and Mumbai Indians match, after the temperamental Kerala bowler had abused the Harbhajan-led Mumbai batsmen. Harbhajan was then suspended for the remainder of the season. http://www.cricketnext.com/news/watch-out-for-bhajji-sree-warns-ponting/34519-13.html :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: