What is your favorite 'Dada moment'?

Ram

The Headingley hundred in '02. Smashed the English bowling attack to bits, making Nasser Hussain cry, "I don't want to lose another test to Saurav f***ing Ganguly". This tour completely changed the image of Indian cricket 98* at Kandy in '01. Took the Sri Lankans by the neck to lead a weak, depleted Indian team to a famous 7 wicket win. That brilliant counter-attacking fifty in his comeback test at Jo'burg. Remained undefeated against a menacing South African bowling attack so India could put up a defendable score of 249 on a very difficult pitch. I remember how all the wannabe-experts on ICF had claimed that India shouldn't have picked him because he couldn't play the short-ball, averaged 20 something in SA, blah blah, the usual bullsh it. I said from the beginning that his inclusion was the right decision and i knew he would deliver - there was no way he was going to fail on his comeback. A big F YOU to all the haters. He came good to save India from early elimination in the 1999 World Cup with two back ot back man of the match performances against SL and England. That's how you deliver under pressure Not to mention the many incredible performances against Pakistan and South Africa, two teams he routinely beat up. That 239 at Bangalore was pure class...

Just listing some....not necessarily in the same order... 1. When he made Steve Waugh wait for the toss. Ganguly got under his skin for sure. That was the beginning of the script for the rest of that famous series. India became a permanent worry for Australia starting at that point. 2. Came back from a tuition. The match was in progress. India vs Sri Lanka, 1996 WC. Dravid and Ganguly were batting. Then the carnage started. I have never seen a better attack in my entire life. The Lanka bowlers were looking for cover. 3. Topless, fearless. 4. When Dravid said on the off side there is god and then there is Ganguly. 5. His comeback. He made the impossible possible by sheer determination. 6. When he almost single handedly beat Pakistan in Toronto (or canada?) in an ODI series 4-1. He claimed all 4 MOMs.
Great list! But, are you sure about the 1996 WC reference? I don't remember that one.

Favorite ones were when he scored a century in Dhaka when we chased 314 against Pak in 1998, his knock against Lanka in WC '99, leading the Indian team to a victory in the Natwest Final '02 and the historic Test win at Rawalpindi in 2004. Least favorite moment was his thousand ball century at Harare in 2005.

Lowpoint: Greenwicketitis at Nagpur and sat out a Test match This is really something he shud not have done Clownish: Bhogle: Were you asked to step down from captaincy? SG: Yes, it was suggested to me. (instead of saying No comments how many ever times - he thought he can win sympathy points and opened a can of worms) High point: Natwest win 144 in Brisbane was superb