Who is Dada talking about?

Who is Dada talking about?  

1. 1.

Thats a terrible comment to make. It doesn't matter who the subject in the comment was. If it was Dhoni, then its even worse. In the last one year (starting from Eng. Series), Dhoni's innings in test cricket are not terrible. They haven't been quite as good or quite as useful (in terms of the situation) but he has shown more commitment towards improving than say, Yuvraj. And I know its not the primary subject of this thread but Karthik to replace Dhoni, seriously? the man gave out so many extras during the Pakistan test late last season. He kept terribly to Kumble during the SL series. I mean, c'mon - you oughtn't hate a person meaninglessly. Terrible stuff from us as fans these comments.
i was just sayin that try karthik 4 a few tests so that dhoni is given a shake up.atm he is taking his place 4 granted. if karthik works, as he did in eng n sa, then keep him otherwise bring dhoni back.also dont talk about commitment.it all showed up wen he cowardly bacjed out of tests in srl ? he cud have rested frm asia cup.kitply cup or even srl odis, but he chose to skip tests in srl bcoz he disnt want to expose himself against m&m in tests. commited players dont do that. also he uses his captaincy in ODIs to suit his selfish interests? how come worlds no.1 player(according to icc,not me)with a power to captain a team hasnt brought team india abve no.5 in ODI rankings?can u answer that?clearly he bats at no. 5 & 6 against strong teams nat no.4 against weaker team(sremeber match vs HONG KONG).that exposes his 'commitment'
i was just sayin that try karthik 4 a few tests so that dhoni is given a shake up.atm he is taking his place 4 granted. if karthik works, as he did in eng n sa, then keep him otherwise bring dhoni back.also dont talk about commitment.it all showed up wen he cowardly bacjed out of tests in srl ? he cud have rested frm asia cup.kitply cup or even srl odis, but he chose to skip tests in srl bcoz he disnt want to expose himself against m&m in tests. commited players dont do that. also he uses his captaincy in ODIs to suit his selfish interests? how come worlds no.1 player(according to icc,not me)with a power to captain a team hasnt brought team india abve no.5 in ODI rankings?can u answer that?clearly he bats at no. 5 & 6 against strong teams nat no.4 against weaker team(sremeber match vs HONG KONG).that exposes his 'commitment'
Ok. The one thing that I don't understand about your statement saying that Karthik did well in Eng/SA is that he did not keep in these matches. Dhoni did. Do you remember how much MSD was struggling to keep in the first match at Lord's due to the massive swing thats generated there but then he got gradually better and in fact, as the tour went on, at one point he had taken 6 caught-behinds ( a record ) in one of the ODIs. As an opening batsman, Karthik did well (along with Jaffer too) - not as a keeper because he didn't have the opportunity to. As an Indian (that too one from the southern part) gave out a record number of byes against Pakistan in the Bangalore Test last year, which concerns me because on a home ground against an Indian spinner, you're supposed to be able to keep well. Naturally, that question comes up about why Dhoni didn't take rest in some of the ODIs. My answer would be that its his call and he is captain of the team. We were doing well under him, and I think, if India lost any series (although we did lose Asia Cup despite Dhoni), he would be held responsible (the same way Wasim was held responsible when Pakistan lost to India during the WC 1996). Actually, cricinfo also has an article on this issue (where several people were questioning his withdrawal from the Test series): http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/360416.html and the article is pretty inconclusive about what to say about the withdrawal but it (like me) does not suspect his character behind the withdrawal. Perhaps, thats my opinion. You're entitled to your own. Furthermore, his record is 21-15 in 39 matches as captain (according to cricinfo), which is not at all a bad one. He's been terrific. I mention this because I think his improvisation of the team's batting order seems to working well (overall - if not in every match) - so his decision upon when he or Yuvraj should bat seems to be working more in favor of the team than against it.
i was just sayin that try karthik 4 a few tests so that dhoni is given a shake up.atm he is taking his place 4 granted. if karthik works' date=' as he did in eng n sa, then keep him otherwise bring dhoni back.also dont talk about commitment.it all showed up wen he cowardly bacjed out of tests in srl ? he cud have rested frm asia cup.kitply cup or even srl odis, but he chose to skip tests in srl bcoz he disnt want to expose himself against m&m in tests. [b']commited players dont do that. also he uses his captaincy in ODIs to suit his selfish interests? how come worlds no.1 player(according to icc,not me)with a power to captain a team hasnt brought team india abve no.5 in ODI rankings?can u answer that?clearly he bats at no. 5 & 6 against strong teams nat no.4 against weaker team(sremeber match vs HONG KONG).that exposes his 'commitment'
Commited players want to serve their team and nation for as long as possible. If he had continued with his workload, he'd have broken down, as unfortunately he is human, and then we'd be beaten shithless in both Tests and ODIs.

Ganguly denies comments in Bengali daily Sourav Ganguly has denied comments attributed to him in a Bengali daily. While several Bengali papers have carried interviews with Ganguly, some controversial comments attributed to him in the Kolkata daily Aajkal deal with his omission from the Indian team and the inclusion of several team-mates. "The reports of an interview from a Bengali daily published in other newspapers are false," Ganguly's statement, read out in the press box by an Indian team official, said. "I have not given such an interview to anyone. I request you to clarify with me before publishing views from other sources." http://content-www.cricinfo.com/indvaus2008/content/current/story/373440.html a big "hoohaa" over nothing :giggle:

Ok. The one thing that I don't understand about your statement saying that Karthik did well in Eng/SA is that he did not keep in these matches. Dhoni did. Do you remember how much MSD was struggling to keep in the first match at Lord's due to the massive swing thats generated there but then he got gradually better and in fact, as the tour went on, at one point he had taken 6 caught-behinds ( a record ) in one of the ODIs. As an opening batsman, Karthik did well (along with Jaffer too) - not as a keeper because he didn't have the opportunity to. As an Indian (that too one from the southern part) gave out a record number of byes against Pakistan in the Bangalore Test last year, which concerns me because on a home ground against an Indian spinner, you're supposed to be able to keep well. Naturally, that question comes up about why Dhoni didn't take rest in some of the ODIs. My answer would be that its his call and he is captain of the team. We were doing well under him, and I think, if India lost any series (although we did lose Asia Cup despite Dhoni), he would be held responsible (the same way Wasim was held responsible when Pakistan lost to India during the WC 1996). Actually, cricinfo also has an article on this issue (where several people were questioning his withdrawal from the Test series): http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/360416.html and the article is pretty inconclusive about what to say about the withdrawal but it (like me) does not suspect his character behind the withdrawal. Perhaps, thats my opinion. You're entitled to your own. Furthermore, his record is 21-15 in 39 matches as captain (according to cricinfo), which is not at all a bad one. He's been terrific. I mention this because I think his improvisation of the team's batting order seems to working well (overall - if not in every match) - so his decision upon when he or Yuvraj should bat seems to be working more in favor of the team than against it.
u r getting it wrong! wen karthik first opened in sa, he was in as a keeper/opener coz dhoni was injured. he did well in both keeping n batting in that game. but dhoni was persisted despite his atrociuos batting n india was forced to play two keepers. much better wud have been to play karthik as opener/keeper.sadly it didnt happen bcoz u cant drop dhoni. also that bangalore game u r mentioning.giving an X no. of byes in tests doesnt tell u about a keeper.more it tells u about lines of bowlers n pitch conditions. u cant just look into stats.if it'd been in odis it'd be a diff thing as far as backing out in tests in concerned. its about choosing tests v odis. u r comparing that decision wid a wc game .thers a lot of differnce b/w a wc game n normal odi series in bangla n srl as far as his record is concerned,its good but not terrific.if hes truly world's best bat,n is odi capt, then we shud be higher than no.5 on odi rankings.we'r not