Hail to the Great All Round Hope of Australia

Mr. Wicket

Just thought i'd bump this. 32 not out in very difficult conditions to steady a sinking Australian ship along with 3 wickets in the first Indians innings. His contribution has been understated, but vital nonetheless. As long as Watson keeps his brick sh ithouse body together - and he seems to have shaken off the injury problems lately - he will be a very handy player for Australia.

He didnt really bowl that well ... He got Dravid yes. But then he got his backside handed to him by a no.8 and no.9 batsman. Then eventually he got them out, and carries on as if he just took the wicket of Tendulkar or something. Batting wise he is pretty good. Still, imo, he is not even in the same league as Symonds.

His bowling is crap. It will be unraveled at some point during the series hopefully as soon as Mohali where the bounce will be more true. His batting is decent though and even Symonds sucked in test cricket for the first 10-12 tests he played so there is a chance that he might evolve into a decent player as much as I had written him off earlier.

i noticed this jerk was trying to talk some trash to first Laxman and then Tendulkar during day 5.. tendulkar just smiled and said something back to him and the jerk watson then realized that he has to take the run up and bowl the next delivery
he was talking shyt to laxi only... laxi didnt say anything to him.. but sachin did :dance:
The great all round hope for the aussies is just that james hopes who will have at least a 6 or 7 year test career. Cameron white is pathetic and will only play this series and that's all.
I think the thread was pointed towards Shane Watson. White hasn't done too poorly in this test. He scored runs in the 2nd innings (and even in the 1st innings - though not significantly). He took an important wicket (for his first test wicket, he's got probably the best batsman (to me anyways)).