Time to move on to Punjab Test

Cricketics

I'm not sure about RP's form after some of his recent domestic showings. I'd be happier if Munaf was picked if a seamer's necessary. If Kumble's unfit though, it'd be great to see Amit Mishra get a maiden cap not too far from home.
rp has done well in aus plus aussies always seem to struggle against swing bowling. if mohali pitch helps RP, he'll be a handful. plus he can bat a bit n also a better fielder than munaf.form can change in a day
That same logic could be used to make a case for Agarkar as well (done well in Aus? Check. Swings it? Check. Bats a bit? Check. Fields well? Check, and form could also change in a day). On those grounds you're overruled.
that was 4 yrs ago .i'm talking recently. also munaf is as reliable as agarkar even wen in form. RP can be expected to deliver on helpful pitch even wen he out of touch
Mohali pitch has juice on day 1 and from there its patta patta and patta.
Very true! Seems you guys have forgotten the test vs Pak in 2005. We won the test vs England in 2006 but the wicket had hardly any contribution in that. I think it'll be a flat and slow track.
Mohali track to assist seamers: Daljit Shalini Gupta Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 0611 hrs IST Chandigarh, October 13 After the draw at Bangalore, all eyes will be on the 22 yard pitch at the PCA Stadium here, venue of the second Test of the India and Australia series. And going by the chief curator Daljit Singh there is bound to be a smile on Ricky Ponting's face: Seamers and not spinners will have a bigger role. "This has been an unusual season and we have seen heavy rains in this part of the country. Honestly the pitch and ground preparations have been hampered," Daljit admits, "We are trying our best to have a hard and a dry wicket with consistent bounce." As ever, especially with winters around the corner, the faster bowlers will find movement both on and off the wicket. "We can see the data. The morning sessions are always loaded in favour of seamers while the pitch eases out as the game goes on. We have a few days left and hope the sun shines," Daljit said. "I think bowlers can exploit the bounce at this wicket resulting in batsmen edging deliveries. Also, there would be no reverse-swing here as we don't have a rough outfield," he added. The pitch would also keep the Indians engrossed in a debate over the final XI. Will India go in with the two spinner and two pacers theory or drop a spinner for the third pacer? Even though Anil Kumble has picked up two Man of the Match awards, his shoulder injury has hampered his bowling of late. "I feel he enjoys the bounce here and if he is fit he would love to bowl here," Daljit felt. The Stadium has seen a few drawn games but Daljit is optimistic this time of a result. "The rains have to stay away," he concluded. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ So it seems that only the morning session would be a bit tricky for batsmen and the other two sessions would be batting paradise!
Mohali track to assist seamers: Daljit Shalini Gupta Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 0611 hrs IST Chandigarh, October 13 After the draw at Bangalore, all eyes will be on the 22 yard pitch at the PCA Stadium here, venue of the second Test of the India and Australia series. And going by the chief curator Daljit Singh there is bound to be a smile on Ricky Ponting's face: Seamers and not spinners will have a bigger role. "This has been an unusual season and we have seen heavy rains in this part of the country. Honestly the pitch and ground preparations have been hampered," Daljit admits, "We are trying our best to have a hard and a dry wicket with consistent bounce." As ever, especially with winters around the corner, the faster bowlers will find movement both on and off the wicket. "We can see the data. The morning sessions are always loaded in favour of seamers while the pitch eases out as the game goes on. We have a few days left and hope the sun shines," Daljit said. "I think bowlers can exploit the bounce at this wicket resulting in batsmen edging deliveries. Also, there would be no reverse-swing here as we don't have a rough outfield," he added. The pitch would also keep the Indians engrossed in a debate over the final XI. Will India go in with the two spinner and two pacers theory or drop a spinner for the third pacer? Even though Anil Kumble has picked up two Man of the Match awards, his shoulder injury has hampered his bowling of late. "I feel he enjoys the bounce here and if he is fit he would love to bowl here," Daljit felt. The Stadium has seen a few drawn games but Daljit is optimistic this time of a result. "The rains have to stay away," he concluded. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ So it seems that only the morning session would be a bit tricky for batsmen and the other two sessions would be batting paradise!
This sucks really. This is bad.

Rains have affected Mohali pitch: Curator Heavy monsoon rains that lasted until two weeks back may affect the bouncy nature of the Mohali track, said the curator of the pitch. More... Rains have affected Mohali pitch: Curator Agencies Posted: Oct 14, 2008 at 1811 hrs IST Mohali, October 14: : Heavy monsoon rains that lasted until two weeks back may affect the bouncy nature of the Mohali track but seamers sticking to good line and length can expect to trouble the batsmen, says curator Daljit Singh. "We got heavy rains this time. In fact, rains came down heavy as recent as October 4 and nearly two-and-a-half feet deep water got collected on the surface which initially affected our ground preparations," PCA's Chief Curator, Daljit Singh said on Tuesday. He said though the sun has been shining through the day during the past over a week, but temperatures in the morning and evening time have dropped. With the first Test match between India and Australia ending in a draw, both the teams would be looking for a result at Mohali, which hosts the second Test from October 17. "The wicket still has some moisture and we are hoping to have a good sun shine over the next week. As usual, the fast bowlers should expect assistance from the track in the morning session. I would say if bowlers stick to a good line and length, they can force the edges," he said. He said Indian skipper Anil Kumble has been Man of the Match in Mohali on two occasions and he can definitely trouble the batsmen. Singh said the spinners should not hope to get assistance straightaway and as the match progresses they can expect some help. "It has been the nature of this wicket that batsmen will have to play more carefully in the opening sessions. Overall, I would say it would be a good wicket,? he said.