Phewwwwwwwwww!

Ram

I am so glad we arent going into the second test down 0-1. Historically, we've rarely lost a series in which we didnt lose the first test. We tended to be afflicted with the Slow-starter syndrome. I am convinced that, we're now favorites to win the series from here on. Our batting order is yet to fire all its thrusters and yet we competed decently in the first test. From here on, our batting can only get better, which is bad news for the Aussies.

completely agree Sriram..i was thinking that if aussies go 1 up in this series then it wud be a miracle for us to win the BG trophy this time around..but that din happen..thanks to some good sensible batting by our middle order..as u said the Indian batting is yet to fire big time but they are slowly getting into the groove..our bowling except for Anil has looked top class..i hope Anil sorts his bowling out soon..anyway it was a very gud test match and it was good to see our batting salvage the draw for us in the last day.. its gonna be a different ball game at Mohali..Aussies wud be the ones to play the catching up game not us..thats for sure

To come out with a draw despite losing the toss and playing 2 spinners on this track is credible and we have kept ourselves alive in the series. Now it's time to move on to the other matches. Not sure how the Mohali wicket is going to play but lately it has turned a bit in a few matches. The teams are so closely matched that the last 6 times there has been a result, it has gone in favor of the team winning the toss. It is imperative that when we win the toss we hammer home the advantage.

india always tends to lose the 1st match comes back strongly in the 2nd one the 3rd and 4th result in draws or india gifting the series away the trend, this year, seems to be improving, unlike our feilding[/QUOTE] our fielding has gone down if anything.the seniors r giving runs with their ageing body and even worse our yougsters have started dropping catches