Paul Nixon Sledge Book

TaNk

The best of Nico * To Matthew Hayden: "Hey, Matty, this could be your last knock for Australia, mate. Hey mate, don't throw it all away, not in your last knock for your country." * "Hayden was very scratchy. He was under pressure in the press and it got to him. It looked like it was a matter of time before he got out. Ricky Ponting was at his very best, though. He farmed the strike, talking to Hayden nearly every ball. Ponting helped him out, got him off strike. Hayden hung in and eventually the cricket ball turned from a marble to football." * To Andrew Symonds: "Ah, Symmo, great to see you, mate. How's everyone - the family? I know you, Symmo. If you edge and I take the catch, I'm going to send you a copy of the scorecard to your home every day for a year." * "It was in the Commonwealth Bank series. Symmo is a very good player but he is a very nervous starter. He can push his bat, not move his feet, and be all arms in his strokeplay." * To Michael Clarke, who had changed the sticker on his bat: "That old sticker, Michael, it was always lucky for you. The new one's not going to bring you the same luck, wait and you see." Clarke responded that Nixon was nothing but a club cricketer. Nixon shot back: "How's it going to feel, Michael, to be caught by a club cricketer? You know what, you're going to make a club cricketer's day." * "And he did nick it to me!" * To Ricky Ponting: "Ricky, I don't think you're that good at picking up a slow ball. What about the team for next week, Ricky - picked it yet? I saw those jazzy shoes you made for yourself - very cool" * "With players like Ponting, Tendulkar - who I played against when he was at Yorkshire - you don't sledge. It only makes them concentrate harder and perform better. You just try to make them laugh and get them off the present." http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/374239.html