ICF Turns Two

Dhondy

Happy Birthday. 23rd October 2006 it was, when a motley bunch of disaffected cricket fans kicked off this site. Ravi lent us a page on www, and the rest of us piled in. Seven hundred and thirty days later, I still visit the site daily, as do most of you, I suspect. I no longer read every thread, but on the rare occasions that I log in and find the site down, I have to come back and make sure that all's well. I come back because this site holds so many memories for me, so many hours spent dreaming up articles to write, ideas to float, stats to share, to take the site one more step up the internet hierarchy. I still feel the deep, deep friendship that some of us forged over the last half a decade- people like Bumps, Shwetabh, Gambo, Ravi, Thal and Boss- don't you ever lose touch! Then there are the "whizkids" I am so fond of reading- Vroom, Holy, Sriram, Lurker (I know you'll blush at that description, Lurker!), Pred, Domaink, and Fontaine, whose posts remind me of my enthusiasm for the game-where has it gone?- never miss a post made by you guys. Keep the flag flying. A mention too for the super cool mundas Varun and Ludh, who innovated early and late respectively, and for Rajeev's never say die spirit. Hats off to you guys. There's so much I'd like to see change on this site- more discussions on life, science and business, and paradoxically, less about personalities in the game, more about the nuances of the game itself, perhaps even a little less of the parochialism? Too much to hope for? Never mind. It's not realistic to expect the earth. May the site go from strength to strength, as it always has.

Brilliant, something wonderful to be proud of! For me, ICF represents everything there is about a free society and the aspects that come along with it. We operate with a sense of dignity and respect for others’ opinions and thoughts. No one is greater than the other. Every Individual has exactly the same right as any other person, to express himself, without fear of censure. That I think is what makes ICF a truly wonderful institution. I am proud to be one of the top contributors of this site ( atleast, by sheer number of posts :D). I have to admit, there was a point of time when I was truly bothered by the prospect of having my name as the top poster of this site when it was shamelessly hijacked and abused by a few individuals who were indulging in blatant spread of hate, stereotyping religions and communities. Thankfully, those times have passed and the fundamental ideals that make up the site have prevailed. Here’s wishing the site grows from strength to strength in the future. I am positively certain that we haven’t even realized a miniscule percent of our full potential yet.

Congratulations everyone. Thanks to all those who worked hard on the site in the early days. I can very well imagine how much hard work must have gone into it when the registered user base was relatively smaller. This is one of the best forums I have seen for reasons so well stated by MM above.

This site rocks..the sheer quality of the posters here and the knowledge they have about the game is quite amazing..its been more than a year since i joined ICF and not even a single day has passed without me visiting ICF..be it just for a minute i had to check ICF to know whats happening in the site.. ICF has evolved much more from being just a cricket site..although cricket is the primary passion for this site there are lot more interesting discussions that i have witnessed and also been part of.. ICF kicks a ss and may this site grow from strength to strength :icflove:

Ohh wow.. this is great !! LOt many people have put up lot of hard work into this... its a great site.. flow of information is very high.. level of intelligence at this site is unbelievable.. I get educated here at many times.. Ravi is the main guy to thank for this.. and others responded greatly... Its good to be part of something this powerful... long live ICF.. :two_thumbs_up:

Brilliant, something wonderful to be proud of! For me, ICF represents everything there is about a free society and the aspects that come along with it. We operate with a sense of dignity and respect for others’ opinions and thoughts. No one is greater than the other. Every Individual has exactly the same right as any other person, to express himself, without fear of censure. That I think is what makes ICF a truly wonderful institution.
M_M, you are now officially appointed to write the constitution of The United Republic of IndianCricketFans:nice: Jokes apart, this site has been wonderful. Not many of my friends are into discussing cricket these days and I find this website a wonderful resource to interact with like minded & interested people. I really don't miss pre & post match discussions I used to have when I was back home. Thanks for creating ICF..Long live ICF:icflove: :birthday:

I am positively addicted to ICF. The discussions here are both informative and vibrant. There is not a day when I'm not on ICF except when on long flights. Even when there is no cricket, I will be in the chit-chat section. This is my most fave website, and I hardly browse anything else. And, there is a LOT of entertainment to be had here with the dynamic crowd that moulds the very unique spirit of ICF. I have laughed off my couch, gone over the top celebrating, learned so many new things about Politics (I have never been into politics, but at least now I know some thing), get all my news here, and enjoyed the general banter with all my fellow homiez. :icflove:

What disappoints me a bit though at this moment is that many of earlier stalwarts have gone MIA. Shwetabh has recently peeked through the keyhole every once in a while, but is nowhere close to his prolific posting best. Bumper hardly ever posts. Doc's posts are as frequent as a Sachin 100 in the 4th innings of a test match chasing 280 ( Thats one for the 'haters' :D). Chandan is also conspicuous by her absence. Gambit seems to spending too much time rediscovering India. There are many more names that slips my memory at this point. Beyond that, some terrific old-timers like Desichap and Gai_ka_dhood have disappeared altogether. Oh well, I guess I have to reconcile with the fact some people in the world, actually, have a life! :D

What disappoints me a bit though at this moment is that many of earlier stalwarts have gone MIA. Shwetabh has recently peeked through the keyhole every once in a while, but is nowhere close to his prolific posting best. Bumper hardly ever posts. Doc's posts are as frequent as a Sachin 100 in the 4th innings of a test match chasing 280 ( Thats one for the 'haters' :D). Chandan is also conspicuous by her absence. Gambit seems to spending rediscovering India. There are many more names which slips my memory at this point. Beyond that, some terrific old-timers like Desichap and Gai_ka_dhood have disappeared altogether. Oh well, I guess I have to reconcile with the fact some people in the world, actually, have a life! :D
yes. the seniorz need to perform and not just rely on past glory. dhonds, shwetabh, gambit,bumper - this means you. thank you guys for the forum and the work you put in. kudos to lurker for some fantastic posts lately. and Salil is almost regular, which is awesome. also dinakkar(sp?), and the ambiguously gay duo (flaming and h33t :winky:). I would like to see more of observer1 and lurker on the cricket board. i would also like to see predz post more in non-bitcchzlap mode.
yes. the seniorz need to perform and not just rely on past glory. dhonds, shwetabh, gambit,bumper - this means you. thank you guys for the forum and the work you put in. kudos to lurker for some fantastic posts lately. and Salil is almost regular, which is awesome. also dinakkar(sp?), and the ambiguously gay duo (flaming and h33t :winky:). I would like to see more of observer1 and lurker on the cricket board. i would also like to see predz post more in non-bitcchzlap mode.
i told that foo h4te to use a bigger font size with no homo disclaimers :whack: