Aus determined, but Kotla history backs India

DomainK

As I said (deesy' date=' take note as well) ... no more than any other batsman.[/quote'] Walking wicket to big innings. What an amazing flip flop. You are in knots again Also no abuse please. No more deesy as that is abuse or I will call you some names! Don't be hypocrite! Its not difficult to name call and I am sure i can do it very well if I want to!

Harbhajan in Doubt for the Third Test !!!

Harbhajan in doubt for Test

INDIA'S ace off-spinner Harbhajan Singh was in doubt for the third Test against Australia starting here on Wednesday, according to coach Gary Kirsten. Harbhajan, 28, suffered a toe injury during the second Test in Mohali which India won by 320 runs to go 1-0 up in the four-match Border-Gavaskar series. The first Test in Bangalore ended in a draw. "We are not sure about Harbhajan," Kirsten said. "He picked the injury towards the end of the last game. It is probably because of overuse. We will have to wait and see how he goes. We will assess his condition again tomorrow. There are still 48 hours for the match." The wily spinner, with eight wickets in the first two Tests, has troubled the Australian batsmen with his nagging line and length. Harbhajan was instrumental in India winning the 2001 home series against Australia when he picked 32 wickets from three Tests, including a hat-trick at Kolkata. Kirsten also said that promising leg-spinner Amit Mishra would sit out of the Delhi Test if captain Anil Kumble recovered from a shoulder injury. Mishra played the previous match as a last-minute replacement for Kumble, a leg-spin veteran of 131 Tests, and picked seven wickets on debut. "If Kumble is fit, he will take Mishra's place. Kumble is looking good at the moment and we are very happy with the way things have been progressing for us," said Kirsten. Australia were also sweating over the fitness of paceman Stuart Clark, who missed the last Test due to a sore elbow. "We spoke to the physio about Stuey. He is looking good for the game, but we will wait before making any final decision on him," Australia vice captain Michael Clarke said. Clark took just one wicket in Bangalore, but did a good job of containing the Indian batsmen, giving away 70 runs from 28 overs. The 28-year-old bowler, who is one short of 300 test wickets, briefly batted at the nets on Monday but sat out most of the session massaging a toe on his left foot, which is his landing foot. "I'm not sure, to be honest," Kirsten told reporters. "Hopefully it is not serious, we're not sure at the moment. "I think he picked it up towards the end of the last game. It is just maybe an overuse injury." Harbhajan took three Australian top order wickets in 10 balls in the second innings to spur India to a record 320-run win in the second test in Mohali last week. India lead the four-match series 1-0. Indian captain and leg spinner Anil Kumble, who missed the Mohali game with a shoulder injury, had a long spell at the nets and is expected to return to lead the side. "Anil is looking good," the coach said, adding that if Harbhajan and Kumble were fit, leg spinner Amit Mishra would sit out the test despite taking seven wickets on his test debut at Mohali. "There is no possibility of playing three spinners," he said. "If Kumble is fit, he is the captain of the team. He will take Mishra's place." Batsman Vangipurappu Laxman also took a painful knock on his knee while batting to be forced to leave the nets session.

Any chance you could actually post on topic, mm ? Reminder ? Damocles’ sword hangs over Laxman
Just because there exists a 'topic' about some imaginary sword hanging over someone's head doesnt mean its accurate. To suggest Laxman's place is under threat is bordering on the ludicrous. To suggest that he 'is a walking wicket against the Aussies is actually ludicruous. I am encouraged though, wont be too long before he comes up with a big one this series. Then, lets see if the sword is still hanging or the thread that was holding it snapped not being able to withstand the torsion. The fact of the matter is, he could have easily notched up a sizeable score on the last innings of the 1st test, had time been there. He looked quite at ease and unperturbed. And at Mohali, he didnt get to bat in the second innings at all. Not scoring big runs =! Not being able to score big runs. Laxman is the silent star of the middle order. He may not have garnered as many accolades as rest of the batsman, but his contributions have been no less vital. And once Ganguly is gone after this series, his role and presence in the team will become even more important. While other batsman in the team have oscillated between peak form and trough-like slumps, he's been a picture of consistence and a calming force of stability all along.

To quote Senator Barack Obama, "You can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig'.. Bishen Bedi can spend the rest of his life teching the mystic magics of spin bowling to Jason Krezja, but whats the use. Jason Krezja, is still after all Jason Krezja and will be Jason Krezja.:D But I love Bedi's sly-handed tactics of openly plumping for Krezja's inclusion in the Aussie XI or more appropriately, the Indian XII. :D

The difference is those guys have at least helped their own country out. If Bedi had ever helped us in anyway I would not have a problem with this.But Bedi on the other hand' date= sits back and criticises our players, our coaches, our administration and pretty much anyone who was a better player than him and then goes and helps the opposition. He's an absolute joke in my opinion.
He was tried and it didnt work out. He was coach-cum-manager of Indian team to NZ I beleive in early 90s and after a bad defeat had famously said - Indian team should be dumped in the sea. Obviously Indian cricketers, Administrators and coaches lost a lot of respect for him since then. If he is asked by other teams to help with spin I dont see why thats wrong.

Lol, The aussie think tank seriously need some kick in their ***** where do they get people first Greggie, now Bedhi?? Both are great players no question, but if Bedi thinks like he often talks in public, he should be kept 10 poles from any cricket team