Predict delhi test

I'm fairly divided in my views. My heart says India will win this one but the past records show Aussies can still do well. That said India are in a better situation than Aussies and Aussies are never known to make terrific come backs after losing the first couple. Either they close the opponents very early in the series or just cannot fight it out. I'll go with India for this one. India if bats first will get over 400 runs and Aussies will score 280+ in the first dig and follow it up with about 370+ in the second. India will chase about 140+ with about 4 wickets down. I feel very strongly India is going to take this one too. I often don't feel this confident some reason. I guess India's ability over the last few season has changed my belief in them.

The current partnership is the key. To credit Australia their fast bowlers have bounced back well with Lee bowling a lot better with more control and Johnson and Clark really bowling to a plan very well with nagging accuracy. Still, the pitch is very good for batting and apart from a little reverse swing from Lee and some uneven bounce it looks excellent for the batsmen. Laxman and Gambhir have to persist because Australia look a completely different team at the moment when the spinners are on. Neither Gambhir nor Laxman look to be in any trouble against the spin and this is where the runs have to be plundered. Ganguly and Dhoni are to come in later so you expect India to reach the 500 mark considering how flat the pitch is, the form Gambhir is in and how well the tail has been batting. One good sign for the Indian bowlers is the reverse swing on offer. If they can continue to use it like they did in the series so far Australia could be in a very tricky passage of play where their openers and Ponting are going to be all important. If India can get two of these three out quickly enough then the match is in the bag considering the rest of the batsmen excluding Hussey haven't impressed at all.

I would love us to pile on 600+ batting first and I dont think its that impossible. We've have TWO well set batsman at the crease. Gambhir will be determined to score a double. VVS isnt the sort of player who will get out in 60s and 70s, once he's settled. You can back him to hold one end up, even if Gambhir falls early. And two of our most prolific scorers from last test, Ganguly and Dhoni, havent come to bat yet. A lot will depend on the first session tomorrow.

Well the ball is still new as it's only seen one over so these two batsmen HAVE to see off the new ball first and foremost because I'm not confident of either Dhoni or Ganguly managing the new ball with the much improved Australian bowling. Ganguly and specifically Dhoni should ideally come in until after lunch so that they can grind down the Australians out on the field and when the Aussies do come into bat they'll do so with heavy feet and tired minds. Hayden the old man that he is will definitely be more vulnerable after having to bat when he's fielded all day to a fresh pair of new ball bowlers!! I can't wait to see what the Indian bowlers can do on this surface with Lee getting some reverse swing and Katich already getting some turn!!!