Predict delhi test

Day 4 Predictions!!!! Firstly, we were terribly unluckly today. There were more than a dozen times the spinners beat the batsmen and the fast bowlers got the ball to move around and reverse swing and continuously got the better the Aussies and beat the bat and got good LBW shouts. When we did the see the ball edged it either fell short or went beside the slip fielder(s), not to mention a couple of close run out chances. That's test cricket I suppose. You can bowl beautifully and dictate terms to the batsmen but unless you get those breakthroughs it matters for nothing. So with that in mind what are you day 4 predictions? Will Australia continue to be lucky and avoid the follow on?

I think Oz will avoid the follow on and get to about 500 before being all out. After that, it will be interesting how India drive the game. 5th day pitch will be a challenge and I hope we have Kotla Kumble back and fighting fit for that. However, if we are lucky (and more attacking with the field placings) and skittle them before lunch...then things could get really interesting...

To avoid the follow on, they require about 75 odd runs right? So if that's the case, it should be relatively easy to avoid the follow on . Day 4: Aus : 488 all out Ind: 140/3 [edit] lol tics, tera copy nahi kiya tha :tounge_smile:
lol i know yaar.. just 1 min difference.. kool prediction though

It all depends on whether Dumble comes back onto the field. Assuming that he doesnt then we have a good chance of bowling them out under 450 in a session and a half and then taking about 160 run lead, we come out to bat for 30 overs or so, we could score around 160 or so and put them into bat for 5-7 overs at the end of the day and then we could have a match on the 5th day. If we can set them a target of about 325 or so to chase on the 5th day with Kumble out then we have a good chance to win on this kotla wicket. Now if Kumble comes back on to the field tomorrow, which might happen, then my prediction is that we wont be able to bowl out the aussies till Tea because Kumble will try to overbowl himself and as we all know, there is a good chance that he may not get any wickets. If that happens then India will be working with the aussies to draw the game.