Gambhir's appeal over Test ban rejected

h4te

BCCI!!! :(( pull out of test-4 :listen_dawg: lets protest :protest:
wat stupid thought is that finey..why the heck shd we pull out of the test..agreed Gauti is in good form but he was an idiot to have done the elbow incident..and he deserved that 1 test ban..i thought BCCI wud pull this through but since Gauti pleaded guilty he has accepted his fault and as Hari said the judge had a no brainer decision and he simply upheld the ban.. anyway we are still a stronger team and its not like we are dependent on Gambhir..If Vijay does get selected in Gambhirs place, that will be a huge decision coz its the last test match and the pressure of opening against Aussies will surely be felt by him..but this is international cricket and there shd be no excuses..but i feel that MSD wud go with 5 bowlers and RD mite well be asked to open this test..hmm lets see..
Oh, He did play against NZ? I didnt know that. I did look at his record and seems quite impressive. Whats striking is his FC SR. Its 43 runs/100 balls. That is quite odd for a modern day batsman. Maybe he's quite different.
he is definitely a good prospect Sriram..saw him bat and he does look the part..but the way he has moved from a tennis ball cricket player at the age of 16 to the national cricket team at the age of 24 is really something big..i mean this guy started playing serious cricket from the age of 18 and he has had a rapid rise since then..that in itself speaks a lot about Vijay..and even in that NZ A match he got 98 or so and he was involved in the run out of Sourav :D
wat stupid thought is that finey..why the heck shd we pull out of the test..agreed Gauti is in good form but he was an idiot to have done the elbow incident..and he deserved that 1 test ban..i thought BCCI wud pull this through but since Gauti pleaded guilty he has accepted his fault and as Hari said the judge had a no brainer decision and he simply upheld the ban.. anyway we are still a stronger team and its not like we are dependent on Gambhir..If Vijay does get selected in Gambhirs place, that will be a huge decision coz its the last test match and the pressure of opening against Aussies will surely be felt by him..but this is international cricket and there shd be no excuses..but i feel that MSD wud go with 5 bowlers and RD mite well be asked to open this test..hmm lets see..
satish, ur mistaken. ICC is extremely biased. This habit of letting Aus get away (Katich??? Watson slap on wrist...and so many examples), while Asian teams get ban needs to be protested. Do we need to keep playing on biased terms!?
satish, ur mistaken. ICC is extremely biased. This habit of letting Aus get away (Katich??? Watson slap on wrist...and so many examples), while Asian teams get ban needs to be protested. Do we need to keep playing on biased terms!?
well i know that ICC is biased..but what do you expect the referee to do when a player indulges in physical contact..the ruling has to be strict..and in that terms i see this as a correct decision
well i know that ICC is biased..but what do you expect the referee to do when a player indulges in physical contact..the ruling has to be strict..and in that terms i see this as a correct decision
can we please be strict for all and sundry? can we please apply (whatever the right level of offense) to Katich to start with? can we do that to Watson? can we do that to Mitchell Johnson? can we do that a few other Aussies (sure you saw them in Mohali/Blore)? Whatever is the "appropriate level of strict ruling for their offense" - can we apply them? I'm not saying you are disagreeing with me. But where is the "protest" - lets make it big and pull out. Lets call attn to this ICC nonsense.
can we please be strict for all and sundry? can we please apply (whatever the right level of offense) to Katich to start with? can we do that to Watson? can we do that to Mitchell Johnson? can we do that a few other Aussies (sure you saw them in Mohali/Blore)? Whatever is the "appropriate level of strict ruling for their offense" - can we apply them? I'm not saying you are disagreeing with me. But where is the "protest" - lets make it big and pull out. Lets call attn to this ICC nonsense.
why are u saying pullout pullout..thats just a cowardly act..i mean we are dominating the series why the heck shd we pull out..there are other ways that this ICC biased thing can be addressed..and knowing the clout that BCCI has i am sure they wud do something about it..the game of cricket should not be stopped for this reason and that too when the player banned was found guilty..Bhajjis case last year was different.. anyway Watson sledged big time and Gambhir shd have retorted back with his mouth not with his elbow..and Katich again sledged him..as far as Johnson bhajji case goes i dont think MJ was trying to hit bhajji or something..
Guest HariSampath
The only thing that surprises me re. Vijay is that I'd tipped Mukund to overshoot him and be a test contender much sooner. I still reckon Mukund'll be in the side in the next few years.
Abhinav over Vijay ?? oh , come on Salil....no way..yes Abhi is very very good, but just last year , he has graduated from India U-19 to TN fc team....whereas, Vijay has gone through that road 2 seasons earlier, and has finished his FC/India A/ Challenger routine very successfully...and as Vijay is just 22...he is the obvious man....AM needs to go through all that for 1-2 seasons....but he will I think...he is a very good batter. The problem is TN has too many very promising aspirants...Badri, Vijay Abhinav Mukund, KKD...so its very tough for anyone to get even Cheeka's attention...and only 1-2 may make the cut based on talent and performance

If he is included in the team for the final test, that will truly be Baptism by Fire for the youngster. Dravid at no.3 has been mostly non-presnece anyway, so the team management may well ask him to open, promote 'Walking Wicket' Laxman to no.3 and ask Badri to play no.3. All this is of course, assuming Gambhir doesnt play.

Abhinav over Vijay ?? oh ' date=' come on Salil....no way..yes Abhi is very very good, but just last year , he has graduated from India U-19 to TN fc team....whereas, Vijay has gone through that road 2 seasons earlier, and has finished his FC/India A/ Challenger routine very successfully...[b']and as Vijay is just 22...he is the obvious man....AM needs to go through all that for 1-2 seasons....but he will I think...he is a very good batter. The problem is TN has too many very promising aspirants...Badri, Vijay Abhinav Mukund, KKD...so its very tough for anyone to get even Cheeka's attention...and only 1-2 may make the cut based on talent and performance
Hari cricinfo article says Vijay is 24 years old..are u sure he is 22 i mean ok u have seen him bat personally but i was just curious how cricinfo wud have got that wrong..
Abhinav over Vijay ?? oh ' date=' come on Salil....no way..yes Abhi is very very good, but just last year , he has graduated from India U-19 to TN fc team....whereas, Vijay has gone through that road 2 seasons earlier, and has finished his FC/India A/ Challenger routine very successfully...and as Vijay is just 22...he is the obvious man....AM needs to go through all that for 1-2 seasons....but he will I think...he is a very good batter. The problem is TN has too many very promising aspirants...Badri, Vijay Abhinav Mukund, KKD...so its very tough for anyone to get even Cheeka's attention...and only 1-2 may make the cut based on talent and performance[/quote'] Hari, transgressing from the topic,u r aware that a state like Gujarat has 3 ranji teams: Guajarat, Baroda,Saurashtra Hyderabad and Andhra are basically for the same state. even Goa has a team Maharashtra, Mumbai,Vidharba have teams from same region. Tripura, J&K and North east have teams.Railways and services have teams. But Tamil Nadu has only 1 team and Pondicherry does not have a ranji team. i know all that happened during the princely states and 70 years back is the reason for most of these.but my point is now that Srinivasan and Srikkanth are in influential positions, there should be more representation in Ranji trophy-2 teams for states like TN ,Karnataka where there are many talented players who dont get the opportunity and go the ICL way. may be a chennai ranji team and Bangalore ranji team would be much better than at least 15 other state ranji teams.or Pondicherry should be awarded ranji status ASAP to prevent talented cricketers like R.Satish,Jesuraj,Ramprakash, Vasanth Saravanan,and a host of others dont miss out a chance to stake their claims.u knew Robin singh lost his prime 8 years because of selection politics.
Abhinav over Vijay ?? oh ' date=' come on Salil....no way..yes Abhi is very very good, but just last year , he has graduated from India U-19 to TN fc team....whereas, Vijay has gone through that road 2 seasons earlier, and has finished his FC/India A/ Challenger routine very successfully...and as Vijay is just 22...[/quote'] TBH I hadn't expected Vijay to make it this far ahead of contenders like Dhawan, Pujara and Rahane who are getting talked up more... especially with guys like Jaffer and Chopra still hanging around the fringe (esp. in the Vengsarkar days). Mukund OTOH is another matter. The talk on the U19 circuit was that he was a prodigy of a batsman who could pile up big scores for fun... I kept an eye on his performance when he finally made it into Ranjis and was stunned when he produced two big scores straight off the bat. Now he's just run up a triple. Young, full of talent, apparently has a very solid all round game... and has the hunger, stamina and ability to make a triple ton at that age. IMO it's a matter of time there.
Guest HariSampath
Hari, transgressing from the topic,u r aware that a state like Gujarat has 3 ranji teams: Guajarat, Baroda,Saurashtra Hyderabad and Andhra are basically for the same state. even Goa has a team Maharashtra, Mumbai,Vidharba have teams from same region. Tripura, J&K and North east have teams.Railways and services have teams. But Tamil Nadu has only 1 team and Pondicherry does not have a ranji team. i know all that happened during the princely states and 70 years back is the reason for most of these.but my point is now that Srinivasan and Srikkanth are in influential positions, there should be more representation in Ranji trophy-2 teams for states like TN ,Karnataka where there are many talented players who dont get the opportunity and go the ICL way. may be a chennai ranji team and Bangalore ranji team would be much better than at least 15 other state ranji teams.or Pondicherry should be awarded ranji status ASAP to prevent talented cricketers like R.Satish,Jesuraj,Ramprakash, Vasanth Saravanan,and a host of others dont miss out a chance to stake their claims.u knew Robin singh lost his prime 8 years because of selection politics.
Yes...in fact, this is an issue sitting with BCCI since 1987..last 20 years. There is Mumbai and Maharashtra, there is Hyderabad and Andhra, and there are THREE teams from Gujarat, while the demand for some practical and wise team allocations are in order. There has been a formal request with BCCI for Tamil Nadu to be Chennai and Tamil Nadu...last 20 years, considering the exceptional amounts of talent from this place that goes unrecognised....also , Bangalore and Karnataka is a valid case. But , unfortunately, I am aware of the BCCI politics of "votes" per association etc, and so these very valid applications are never acted upon. Yes....now that Srinivasan is BCCI Sec, and also Krish Srikkanth, one of the most influential former captains , heading BCCI selection committee, is in power, I hope it changes soon....but just a small input.....knowing Cheeka for 27 years, I know 2 things. He is too hard hitting in his views and too frank , to be able to achieve results. He doesnt know to play politics and win votes, he is a very natural and instinctive person...I doubt he will achieve this for TN and Chennai.
TBH I hadn't expected Vijay to make it this far ahead of contenders like Dhawan, Pujara and Rahane who are getting talked up more... especially with guys like Jaffer and Chopra still hanging around the fringe (esp. in the Vengsarkar days). Mukund OTOH is another matter. The talk on the U19 circuit was that he was a prodigy of a batsman who could pile up big scores for fun... I kept an eye on his performance when he finally made it into Ranjis and was stunned when he produced two big scores straight off the bat. Now he's just run up a triple. Young, full of talent, apparently has a very solid all round game... and has the hunger, stamina and ability to make a triple ton at that age. IMO it's a matter of time there.
Mukund is 18 years old and has just scored a triple ton. WTF. Has to be one to keep a VERY CLOSE EYE ON