Should Dada reconsider ?

umpire

No, he should not. There’s a reason why he quit in the first place and it was to send a strong message across to everyone that he is appalled at the treatment meted out to him and rather than endure such sort of disrespectful behavior, he would walk away from the game itself. If he reverses that decision and comes back, it would make a mockery of his earlier stand. Besides, personally, I had always believed that Ganguly should have retired after the previous BG trophy down under anyway. By the Pakistan series last year, he had accomplished all that he could have possibly wanted to, after making his comeback. That would have been the right time to go. Farewells always look better when the player leaves on top, rather than being forced to go, either due to form or fitness concerns.

nope..he wont do that in the first place..anyway he is playing freely because he is under no pressure and he knows that this is gonna be his last series..it was a good decision by him to retire after this series and it will always be a good decision coz he left on his own terms and he left with his head held high

It's a tough question really. Honestly Ganguly looks in terrific form. Since his comeback he has done well enough. I personally feel the pressure on him from the selectors and the powers to be was a bit too much. I suppose he can carry on for a year more but it's too late. He's in such a good form and he leaves now he will have achieved something not many do. Bow out in style. The likes of Tendulkar, Ganguly, Rahul, Laxman and Sehwag were always good enough barring few hiccups. Sachin Tendulkar couple of years ago was hardly able to score a fifty. Now he's the best batsman in the world perhaps. These guys are bound to come good in the long run. I think it's a bit sad Ganguly was singled out most of the times when someone needed the seniors to retire. His timing has been good though.

Dada wont reverse his decision. He is in very good form, and you need to be blessed to go out when you are in good form. (you talk to some grandparents, they always like to leave this earth when they are in reasonable health, and not too sick) Dada is going out in style, and hats off to him for a bold decision. The time to retire is when folks are saying "Gosh! He is looking good, he should play for 6 more months or 1/2 years" Thats the time to go. He is going in brilliant style. Dravid, Tendu, Laxy all should watch how SG is doing this. Gavaskar timed it the best, and SG is doing it reasonably well.

No, he should not. There’s a reason why he quit in the first place and it was to send a strong message across to everyone that he is appalled at the treatment meted out to him and rather than endure such sort of disrespectful behavior, he would walk away from the game itself. If he reverses that decision and comes back, it would make a mockery of his earlier stand. Besides, personally, I had always believed that Ganguly should have retired after the previous BG trophy down under anyway. By the Pakistan series last year, he had accomplished all that he could have possibly wanted to, after making his comeback. That would have been the right time to go. Farewells always look better when the player leaves on top, rather than being forced to go, either due to form or fitness concerns.
Yeh he's fed up of the way he's been treated, if he had it his own way, he would have probably carried on but i guess he's said, "enough is enough" **** BCCI
Ganguly 'can't wait' to retire 07/11/2008 8:34 AM PA Sport India batsman Sourav Ganguly admits he 'can't wait' to end his cricket career. Ganguly, 36, will retire following the fourth Test against Australia in Nagpur, which started on Thursday, after a 19-year career. Most players are apprehensive when coming to the end of their playing days but Ganguly, who passed the 7,000-run mark in Test cricket with a century in the first innings of the second Test at Mohali, is relieved it's almost over. "To be honest, I can't wait to go. When I decided to quit, it wasn't in haste," he told the Indian Express. "I knew exactly what it would mean." "I prepared myself to accept that this was going to be it. I will have 113 Tests against my name, and no more." "I'm sure it's never easy for anyone. But the fact that I wasn't playing one-day internationals played a big part." "If I had been playing in both forms of the game, perhaps I would have thought differently." "Now, I just want to spend more time at home, relax for a while." A career in the television booth now beckons for Ganguly. "There are some offers of commentary, but I don't want anything very hectic," he said. "But eventually, I'd like to watch cricket and talk about it." "I'm also thinking of working more closely with the academy in Bengal and help more cricketers come out from the region." Ganguly, India's most successful captain, would like to be remembered for the runs he scored during his international career. "I know I'll be remembered as a captain, but I hope my Test and one-day runs will not be forgotten," he said. Ganguly lost the captaincy following a row with former coach Greg Chappell which culminated in an email from the Australian being leaked to the media. Although he admits to being hurt by the issue, the Kolkata-born batsman believes Chappell was influenced by those outside the team. "The thing that hurt me the most, in my whole career, was that public email he sent - what was written in it and the tone in which it was written," he said. "It was very upsetting, and I found it strange because I didn't think we had spent enough time together in the team for him to form such a strong opinion about me." "I'm convinced that some people (outside the team) had poisoned him against me." "Through all my interactions with him, I'd genuinely thought he would be the best man for the job." "I had discussed my batting with him a couple of times and he'd been very helpful." "Most of the others wanted (Tom) Moody but I pushed for Chappell." "You could say it was my biggest mistake, but I had the best for Indian cricket at heart." "People joke with me that I was to blame for getting them stuck with him."
Look, he's not keen. It's almost as if he is war torn and taking sainthood now. Good on him for admitting he's not interested in playing cricket anymore for profession.