4th test, 3rd day's Dhoni's tactics :Intelligent or negative?

DomainK

4th test, 3rd day's Dhoni's tactics :Intelligent or negative?  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

IND always seem to go in this defensive mode when they are 1 nil ahead... vs ENG and PAK in 2007 and now here.
It depends on how badly you want to win the series. Losing a battle here or there while triumphing the WAR is no big deal. A series win would be very much celebrated whether its 1-0 or 2-0 against the Aussies. Sure, a 2-0 win may seem more pleasing but as a captain, the first milestone is to ensure a series win. But this match isnt over, and India could very well pull off a 2-0 win if not a 1-0 series win. Coming back to the England series, this is very much what Dravid and the team management must have thought.
but negative tactics remain negative.it disgraces our team.u cant justify that
Every captain in the world employs the 7-2 field Dhoni just went one better because he has extreme confidence in our bowlers Ponting has employed the 7-2 field many times this series, yet I don't see you complaining about
Every captain in the world employs the 7-2 field Dhoni just went one better because he has extreme confidence in our bowlers Ponting has employed the 7-2 field many times this series, yet I don't see you complaining about
even though it looks similar but 8-1 is much more defensive than 7-2.it basically kills any chance of oppositions scoring like it did today.if u want to beat other teams do that by ur skill n acumen . a team like b'desh wud escape wid a draw in every test match if it applies dhoni's tactics.so it was disgraceful. if dhoni had 'extreme' confidence in bowlers why did nt he set traditional attacking fields a tried to get them out. ponting had applied 7-2 fields only when aus was out of the match and he never went to 8-1.
even though it looks similar but 8-1 is much more defensive than 7-2.it basically kills any chance of oppositions scoring like it did today.if u want to beat other teams do that by ur skill n acumen . a team like b'desh wud escape wid a draw in every test match if it applies dhoni's tactics.so it was disgraceful. if dhoni had 'extreme' confidence in bowlers why did nt he set traditional attacking fields a tried to get them out. ponting had applied 7-2 fields only when aus was out of the match and he never went to 8-1.
so why isn't Bangladesh not drawing any test match......
simple bcoz they want to play fair n not negative like dhoni
They are perfectly within the rules of the game and are brilliant too say the least, brilliant thinking by dhoni to restrict those runs, it bought us back in the game Dhoni is a brilliant captain, he might well go on to become one of India's Best Captain if he continues this way, he out thought the Aussies Captain Fantastic !!!

why din't australian charge down the wicket. I am sure if Hayden was batting, he would have gone over the top. I have seen Australian employ 7-2 field against us (Kolkatta 2001) and McGrath bowling at 6th Stump, but did we complain?? It was Australia who has to force issue here. The goal was to wait for their mistakes and they did make mistakes. Its never easy to bowl 8-1 field, you need good bowlers to back it up. I did not realy understand, what the heck australian were doing. Ok first sesion 8-1 field, but what about session 2??

why din't australian charge down the wicket. I am sure if Hayden was batting, he would have gone over the top. I have seen Australian employ 7-2 field against us (Kolkatta 2001) and McGrath bowling at 6th Stump, but did we complain?? It was Australia who has to force issue here. The goal was to wait for their mistakes and they did make mistakes. Its never easy to bowl 8-1 field, you need good bowlers to back it up. I did not realy understand, what the heck australian were doing. Ok first sesion 8-1 field, but what about session 2??
He could have gone with 8-1 for the second session too, obv Dhoni got what he wanted, ie to get the Aussies in a defensive frame of mind and then he discarded those tactics and went smartly on the attack !!! This Dhoni is some captain, i think he is the guy who will win us another WC (2011 ODI) this time !!!
They are perfectly within the rules of the game and are brilliant too say the least, brilliant thinking by dhoni to restrict those runs, it bought us back in the game Dhoni is a brilliant captain, he might well go on to become one of India's Best Captain if he continues this way, he out thought the Aussies Captain Fantastic !!!
every thing thats within the rules is not right.there's something called spirit of the game. i dont think u justify underarm bowling by chappell bros,do u ? or the bodyline tactics? yet both were within the ''rules''
ohh shut up you whiner, you just hate Dhoni and no matter what he does you'll be complaining If it was anyone else who did it, you'd be praising them
Who the faaacck cares !!! we have got them on the mat and lets drive home the advantage and wrap it up 2-0 !!!
I don't. Im laughing at him, hence the "hahaha"
ohh shut up you whiner, you just hate Dhoni and no matter what he does you'll be complaining If it was anyone else who did it, you'd be praising them
no i wont but no body has displayed such cowardice before.just because it worked to an extent doesnt mean it was right
I don't. Im laughing at him, hence the "hahaha"
:two_thumbs_up: Its funny the way these Aussie start whining when things dont go in their favour, come on lads you are the World Chimpions, No 1 Test team, you should be able to crack the 8-1 code, Thoda Sachin se Tution lene aana kabhi free season mein, the man has gone through so many of such challenges and come up trumps on every occasion !!!
no i wont but no body has displayed such cowardice before.just because it worked to an extent doesnt mean it was right
If there is a such a word, then it is perfectly applicable on you, coz you arnt man enough to accept and laud the genius of the man !!! Dont forget we are in this strong positon coz those tactics were applied and they worked !!!
If there is a such a word, then it is perfectly applicable on you, coz you arnt man enough to accept and laud the genius of the man !!! Dont forget we are in this strong positon coz those tactics were applied and they worked !!!
genius?my foot.setting 8-1 fields n bowling outside off stump is genius to you? get ur brains checked,man.u r doing a great disservice to people like sachin,lara murali,warne etc.by calling dhoni genius.genius dont come everyday.cricketers like dhoni come n go. btw wat is negative captaincy if dhoni was right?it may have been a thought out plan but again it was negative
genius?my foot.setting 8-1 fields n bowling outside off stump is genius to you? get ur brains checked,man.u r doing a great disservice to people like sachin,lara murali,warne etc.by calling dhoni genius.genius dont come everyday.cricketers like dhoni come n go. btw wat is negative captaincy if dhoni was right?it may have been a thought out plan but again it was negative
My brains weigh up perfectly but i seriously doubt whether yours do ! He is about to achieve what very few Indians captains have, a series win against the Aussies !!! If they were negative i dont give a Faaaacking damn, they got us out of a hole and have put us on the ascendency when it comes to this game !!! Dhoni is a Genius !!! you're opinion matter very little to me as you sound to me like a close minded individual !!!