Vijay should say a big thank you to this man...

fineleg

Ganguly gives selectors a hand Sourav Ganguly may be playing his last international game in Nagpur, but it seems he continues to have an impact on the team for the future. Kris Srikkanth, India’s chief selector, has revealed that M Vijay, the Tamil Nadu debutant, was drafted into the Test squad after an endorsement from Ganguly. “Sourav played with him in the India A match [against New Zealand last month] and he specifically told me that Vijay 'is a guy whom you have to look seriously’,” Srikkanth told Times of India. “I took his words very seriously because when a player of Ganguly’s wisdom endorses someone, he has to be special. "Dav Whatmore [india A coach] too spoke highly of him and even my co-selectors, who saw him in the Challenger Series, were very impressed.” Srikkanth said Vijay’s strong domestic performance also mattered a lot in his surprise selection for the Australia Test and the ODI series against England that follows.

hmmm, i think Srikkanth is playing down his role in getting the break for Vijay. Srikkanth had been watching Vijay for at least the last 4 years, right from the first division matches of TNCA, and the ranji trophy matches, is instrumental in selecting Vijay for the Challenger series, was present in the NZ A matches. he had handpicked Vijay to fill in the slot of Gambhir.he has taken a huge risk because if Vijay had failed miserably, pundits would have questioned the wisdom of selecting a rookie when Akash chopra, wasim jaffer are available. now that he had handled the aussie bowlers reasonably well in the first dig and was responsible for dismissing 2 very key batsmen with impressive fielding, Srikkanth has modestly passed on the information about saurav's recommendation. if Vijay had failed, i am sure Srikkanth would have taken the blame on himself.he would not have pointed the finger at saurav. thats the man. very decent guy. now, I am Rajan, not srikkant not Hari Sampath.:--D

hmmm, i think Srikkanth is playing down his role in getting the break for Vijay. Srikkanth had been watching Vijay for at least the last 4 years, right from the first division matches of TNCA, and the ranji trophy matches, is instrumental in selecting Vijay for the Challenger series, was present in the NZ A matches. he had handpicked Vijay to fill in the slot of Gambhir.he has taken a huge risk because if Vijay had failed miserably, pundits would have questioned the wisdom of selecting a rookie when Akash chopra, wasim jaffer are available. now that he had handled the aussie bowlers reasonably well in the first dig and was responsible for dismissing 2 very key batsmen with impressive fielding, Srikkanth has modestly passed on the information about saurav's recommendation. if Vijay had failed, i am sure Srikkanth would have taken the blame on himself.he would not have pointed the finger at saurav. thats the man. very decent guy. now, I am Rajan, not srikkant not Hari Sampath.:--D
proof or do not believe! :giggle::giggle:
i was joking if ganguly is sexy' date='wats wrong with inzi[/quote'] you still have bad taste in men if you think ganguly is as good looking (ugly) as inzi. ganguly is darn sexy!
You might find this sexy too !!! :giggle: 85307369_7dbbc94a04.jpg?v=0
yikes, brah! just ate! :puke: :cantstop: EDIT: in b4 mods move this to a new thread...