Let's see what Dhoni is made of...

bunny

This was expected. The Aussie batting line-up is VERY strong, they're bound to come good. Luckily for us, they faltered in the 2nd test and we were good enough to capitalize on it. Even though we lost wickets in a heap in the end, 440 is still a good score. Starting at 311/5, if someone told me we would make 440, I would have taken it. Ideally, it would have been nicer if the Aussies were 4 or 5 down, but still, all isnt lost. What a test match, what a series!
Momentum is really important in sports and cricket is no different. Momentum surely swung towards AUS when they got the last 5 wickets for 20 runs. IND will have to dig deep to secure the series.

There isn't a chance India will lose this one. 440+ is a lot of runs. Even if Austrlia manage over 500+ runs don't expect India to be rolled over in the second inning. Aussie bowlers haven't been able to bowl India out twice in the test match and even when they have bowled India out it is only after India had scored a lot of runs. Couple of Aussie wickets and the pressure is on them. I'm not expecting a result of this test match and this one will end in a draw I think.

Finally Gary Kirsten contributes... When Greg Chappell was hired I thought he'd bring with himself some innovative strategies, but that didn't happen. I actually had no hopes from Gary but I think it was Gary who came up with the strategy of 3rd day's 1st session. South Africans and Jacques Kallis, in particular, have employed this strategy time and again. I think Gary must have remembered it from his playing days. Great stuff!!

Momentum is really important in sports and cricket is no different. Momentum surely swung towards AUS when they got the last 5 wickets for 20 runs. IND will have to dig deep to secure the series.
I think momentum swung big time into Aus favor, when they were able to save the Kotla match after conceding 600+ runs.
Wht mkes yo think it was Gary's strategy and not Dhoni's? Any source?
It could be Dhoni's as well. I have got no source but I thought since the South Africans used this strategy in almost every match that they were coming from behind Gary Kirsten could have picked it up from there.
You are taking credit off Dhoni. It could have been a collective decision' date=' but I dont think we can credit Gary alone for that. Our boys had to go and execute it as well.[/quote'] Dhoni's captaincy was good. He got the bowlers to execute. Probably after the series ends, we will come to know who came up with the strategy. But, I am sure Kirsten played a big role in it.

Forget about Dravid for now ... lets fix up what we screwed up here in this match ... Dhoni, Harbhajan, Zaheer, Mishra, Ishant ... this is a call to arms Please show us what you are made of ... We had one hand on the trophy and now its slipping away ... lets fight back here ... 1 more session guys ... 1 more session ... Please guys ... 70-80 runs and bat out the session and we've got the match won!!!