Test-XI and Test-XV for England Series

fineleg

I know ODIs against Eng are first. But its "Test" feeling now, so what would be your Test XI against England Would we have Pragyan Ojha in the 15 instead of Kumble (Bhajji, Mishra and Ojha to choose from in the 15) changes highlighted 1. Sehwag 2. Gambhir 3. Murali Vijay Krishna 4. Tendulkar 5. Laxman 6. Subramaniam Badrinath 7. MS Dhoni 8. Harbhajan Singh 9. Zaheer Khan 10. Ishant Sharma 11. Amit Mishra (or Pragyan Ojha) - Mishra can continue, with ojha as backup if needed --- 12. Ojha (or Chawla!?) 13. Munaf Patel 14. RP Singh 15. Rohit Sharma or another batsman??

Yep that would be my side and my backup spinner would be Ojha aswell. The reason is that Ojha turns the ball a fair amount and on Indian wickets in general, the finger spinner have found more success than the wrist spinners because of the extra purchase they get off the surface when they rip it. For that reason ... Ojha over Chawla. As for batsman no.15 ... I know he has had many chances but I still think Yuvraj Singh deserves to get a look in. Say what you want about his attitude (nobody has been more critical of Yuvi's attitude than me) ... he does have the skill though. Sharma is still a bit too raw for my liking. Id like to see him get a few more runs in First Class and ODI cricket.

I hope they handle this situation (Dravid) a lot better than Dilip and co. handled it last year. Last year they didnt even inform Dravid that he was not selected in the ODI squad. That was a low act, and Vengsarkar did not apologise for it. Hopefully Srikkanth treat this Indian Legend with the respect and dignity that he deserves and at least talk to him before selecting the side. He deserves that much.

Actually about the Rohit Sharma comment I made earlier. That was before I found out that he scored another ton for Mumbai. He is pressing his claims. So if he gets selected I wont have too much dramas. He is freakishly talented and its only a matter of time before he gets the no.4 spot for India.

Btw ... there are 3 Ranji games before the next test series that Dravid will most likely play in. Suppose he goes back and scores a mountain of runs there ... Say may be a couple of big centuries and a fifty or something. Where does he lie in the frame? If he does that, I have no problems in welcoming him back in the side. This transition phase can not be rushed into.

Actually I have changed my mind (only about the reserve players) ... this would be my team ... 1. Gambhir 2. Sehwag (vc) 3. Vijay 4. Tendulkar 5. Laxman 6. Badrinath 7. Dhoni © 8. Harbhajan 9. Zaheer 10. Mishra 11. Ishant Reserves: 12. Murali Kartik (if we dont pick him now, we will never pick him) 13. Munaf Patel 14. RP Singh 15. Rohit Sharma / Yuvraj Singh Btw .. I am so excited about the Dhoni-Sehwag era of captaincy.

I tell you what though...after this test series with all it's close competition, swings to and fro, tension and drama drawn out over long periods...it's almost a relief to have England in town to play next. Time for stats improvement! :cantstop: ODI's will be a welcome release from the gripping tension of test cricket....like a holiday!

I tell you what though...after this test series with all it's close competition, swings to and fro, tension and drama drawn out over long periods...it's almost a relief to have England in town to play next. Time for stats improvement! :cantstop: ODI's will be a welcome release from the gripping tension of test cricket....like a holiday!
yep. can sit back and relax a bit more. test cricket is too much tension can't handle it:((

Nothing beats Test cricket ... I mean look at this game ... Lunch, Day 1 - Game even Tea, Day 1 - India ahead Stumps, Day 1 - Game even (maybe India slightly ahead) Lunch, Day 2 - India ahead Tea, Day 2 - Game even Stumps, Day 2 - Australia ahead Lunch, Day 3 - Australia ahead Tea, Day 3 - India ahead Stumps, Day 3 - India ahead Lunch, Day 4 - India ahead Tea, Day 4 - Australia ahead Stumps, Day 4 - India ahead Lunch, Day 5 - Game even again (Australia possibly ahead) Tea, Day 5 - India win !!! Only 1 team was able to dominate for 3 consecutive sessions and that team ended up winning. Other than that it was a see sawing encounter. Fantastic game. T20 can have all the big hits and the glitz and the glamour and the money and celebs and cheergirls it wants ... You can never compete with a product that delivers a contest like this.