The most significant domestic knock

Gambit

IMO was Dada's 117 v North Zone in 2005 right after he was dropped. The BCCI vultures, in a bid to finish him off, got a green pitch prepared. EZ were struggling at 59/4 against a quick attack of VRV,Gagandeep and Bhandari. VRV even pinged Dada on the helmet. It was then the tiger roared. Dada smashed 117 and took EZ to a win. Had that knock never happened, I don't think Dada would have ever comeback. In terms of significance, it's right up there with VVS' 10 tons(including 2 triples)

David Hussey's 212 not out at nearly a run a ball in 2003-04, which was his first season at first-class level. Victoria (my team :regular_smile:) needed a record 455 to win against NSW - and got them. Steve Waugh, the opposing captain, was impressed. "This bloke will play for Australia"

I meant in Tests. I think he should be in the Test team. I know he's played T20s (which is nothing more than a bit of light hearted entertainment and not cricket) and ODIs against BD and Windies ... but the guy should be in the Test side. Im a big fan of both the Husseys. Both fantastic players who live and breathe cricket and from what Ive witnessed seem to play cricket in the right spirit.

I am confused. I know that Saurav didnt play a single day of intnl cricket in 2006. Then' date=' how can a knock in 2005 possibly be the most important, when he wasnt selected for another whole year?[/quote'] I am even more confused as to how an ardent fan of Indian cricket like yourself forget something like this. I'll give you a little hint. Where were Chappell,Dravid and Ganguly engaged in an animated pre-innings discussion on the boundary?
http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/1970S/1973-74/IND_LOCAL/RANJI/KNOCK-OUTS/KNTKA_BOM_RJI-SEMI1_15-18MAR1974.html Semi-Final : Karnataka v/s Bombay GRV: 162 ... Brijest Patel: 106 Karnataka scored 385 in innings 1 and Bombay replied with 307. It got the vital first innings lead and defeated Bombay. Why is it significant? Bombay had won the previous 15 Ranji trophies since 1959. That is like 15 years of domination was broken atlast. And Karnataka was the team to beat the big bully of Indian domestic cricket. Karnataka had GRV, Bpatel, Kirmani, CHandra and Prasanna. Whoa!