Flintoff used to be such a

Gambit

pri.ck. I was just watching highlights of the Chennai ODI from England's 2002 tour of India. Flintoff was mouthing off crap to Sehwag after Veeru glided a boundary to third man. On this tour, Freddie did the then famous(later infamous after Dada pwned him at Lord's)shirt waving. I also remember him saying stuff during the Natwest final. Freddie has really transformed himself from the pr.ick of 2002 to the model sportsman who consoled Lee after epic Edgbaston test. He is now one of my favourite players.

wow what a way to start a thread.. pahle gaali do, fir tariif karo.
Yeh hai collar to thoda upar chadha ke punjabiz stylez main thread :icflove: He was a very immature idiot earlier. That Yuvi-Flintoff type incident is now rare for Freddie. Must have been having a bad day. BTW I clearly remember Yuvi shouting BC towards Freddie right after he hit the 6th 6.
Yeh hai collar to thoda upar chadha ke punjabiz stylez main thread :icflove:
:two_thumbs_up:
BTW I clearly remember Yuvi shouting BC towards Freddie right after he hit the 6th 6.
rofl:hysterical: yes, after cheer punching dhoni after he hit the sixth six.. he started saying bc, mc etc.. which is allrite i guess. freddie deserved it that particular time

He told Harbhajan Singh to f off after bowling him in the Natwest Final. Right within earshot of the umpire too. You didn't have to be a lip reader to see that.

BTW that Chennai game was Kumble's first match as captain.
...and then the media jumped on Ganguly and started to question his place as captain, claiming that maybe Kumble could do a better job. I still don't know how India threw away a 3-1 lead...
I still don't know how India threw away a 3-1 lead...
Yes that was very frustrating. We lost the fifth and sixth ODI's by 2 runs and 5 runs respectively. Inspite of good starts we weren't able to chase down pretty manageable targets because of a gutless middle / lower middle order consisting of Dinesh Mongia, Kaif, Hemang Badani & Ajay Ratra. It was only the year after, that we finally started winning matches batting second. Dravid at 5, Yuvi at 6 and a rejuvenated Kaifi at 7 worked for us very well for quite a long period.
pri.ck. I was just watching highlights of the Chennai ODI from England's 2002 tour of India. Flintoff was mouthing off crap to Sehwag after Veeru glided a boundary to third man. On this tour, Freddie did the then famous(later infamous after Dada pwned him at Lord's)shirt waving. I also remember him saying stuff during the Natwest final. Freddie has really transformed himself from the pr.ick of 2002 to the model sportsman who consoled Lee after epic Edgbaston test. He is now one of my favourite players.
He talks about this in his autobiography Being Freddie(My Story thus far). He doesnt go into the specifics(argument with Sehwag etc) but he says clearly he was quite immature and wild around the time you mention. He was practically living out of suitcase and used to survive on beer and tandoori chicken takeaways. At this time his stock value was rising rapidly as the next Botham and he also started to see a lot of money which he had no clue what to do with. In all he went rudderless for a while and his performance also suffered. A year or two when it started to fall apart, he put on weight lost form etc, and got a bit of rebuke from Duncan Fletcher thats when he decided to turn the corner and it does appear that he managed to make a U turn, albeit still show sparks of wildness every now and then.

lol.. common dude... how does that make Flintoff a *****... most bowlers(ala McGrath, Warne) use it motivate themselves and to screw batsmen framemind... if bowlers can back it up(which i think Flintoff can geniunely do), they should definitely sledge within limits..makes cricket more fun... and yeah, there is more fun if Veeru hits him for four after the sledging :D