Hayden frustrated with "cricket happenings" in Third World Countries (aka India)!!!

fineleg

That is false. India has more arable land than entire Europe' date='let alone Australia. That is a fact. [/quote'] You didn't get my point. India has 48% of arablle land and Australia has 6%. Australia is 3 times the size of India. If size of India is 2X that of Australia is 6X. Arable land in India is hence X and that 0.36X. For 64% more arable land we have 50 times more people.
Would be true if we didnt have more resources ( food-wise), as we have far more arable land than Australia. And even then, i agree, we have problems with waay too many people - but who's fault is that- to breed like rats instead of giving a damn about the society - Indians or Australians ??
Again, check your facts, population growth of India is 1.5% and that of Australia is 1.2% (factbook). So not much of difference there.
But we are immigrants too - we all come from Africa, thus making us all immigrants outside of Africa. And besides, historically speaking, you have NO IDEA if you are an immigrant or not - remember India has seen a LOT of immigration through the ages - we were the America of the world for millenias- we've had turks, Iranians, Kamboj, Bullhi (people of Balkh), Huns,Tusharas (Tocharians), Arabs, Europeans, etc. come to our shores - only diffrence is, our immigration is a lot older and a lot slower, instead of everyone showing up all at once ala Australia. Tell me how you can be so sure that your genealogy isnt of Huns or Tusharas and your family has been in India since mankind immigrated here from Africa ??
Again you are missing my point. Most of the things you are talking about occurred before political boundraies were defined.
That is exactly why Japanese are 10 times the citizens Indians are - we feel like we cant do much individually, so we do nothing. They feel like it is everyone's responsibility, so they do something. You mean to tell me that a country of 1 billion people can't do something about potholes in the road and everyone dumping their trash in the streets ? You mean to say we can't do anything about fostering harmony in our society instead of blowing each other up ? You mean to say that we as a sociey can't do anything about how bloody rude we are to strangers on the street ?? You mean to say that we can't do anything about the shocking levels of poverty in our country while billionaires are still hoarding wealth ?? If we can't, then why do we pretend to believe in the ideals of democracy and citizen power ? .
Until the large scale corruption in India is fixed up it is unreasonable to expect any major changes from a country with 1 billion people to have a society with low rates of poverty and sufficient healthcare particularly in rural India. Although India is one country, really the 28 states and 7 union territories are each like their own little country (different languages, traditions, culture, lifestyle) ... getting states to work together has been a huge problem. When you have 1 billion + people ... policing them becomes a huge issue. How do you counter corruption in a country that big? The fact is, population density has very little to do with it. The population itself is a big factor. If you look at the top 6 most populous countries, only 1 of them (USA) could be deemed a developed economy. Yet its not as if the USA doesnt have their own problems. Like I said, there is no point comparing countries (first of all, not everyone is going to agree) and when people start criticising other people's countries (whether the criticism is valid or not), you generate a very personal and emotional reaction which could increase the chance of something racial being said, at which point the argument becomes very heated and nationalistic. Best to avoid it, unless you are speaking to a politician who can actually change it.
Until the large scale corruption in India is fixed up it is unreasonable to expect any major changes from a country with 1 billion people to have a society with low rates of poverty and sufficient healthcare particularly in rural India. Although India is one country, really the 28 states and 7 union territories are each like their own little country (different languages, traditions, culture, lifestyle) ... getting states to work together has been a huge problem. When you have 1 billion + people ... policing them becomes a huge issue. How do you counter corruption in a country that big? The fact is, population density has very little to do with it. The population itself is a big factor. If you look at the top 6 most populous countries, only 1 of them (USA) could be deemed a developed economy. Yet its not as if the USA doesnt have their own problems. Like I said, there is no point comparing countries (first of all, not everyone is going to agree) and when people start criticising other people's countries (whether the criticism is valid or not), you generate a very personal and emotional reaction which could increase the chance of something racial being said, at which point the argument becomes very heated and nationalistic. Best to avoid it, unless you are speaking to a politician who can actually change it.
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:
Luks yaar u know the condition of Roads in India and to travel the distance of 120 kms also takes a toll on your body ' date=' unlike what we find abroad . U must have travelled from Ranchi to Jsr and must have enjoyed the bumps u find on these Roads ,,,, yaar jo banda last seat mei baaitha hai uske tho lottery nikaal padte hai . I have also travelled several times on this road seriously yaar the 2-3 hrs journey is miserable .[/quote'] Actually I will take that response and completely twist it as is my wont :dance: Yeah I have travelled like 7000 times between Ranchi to Jamshedpur. My Dad was posted in Ranchi for a couple of years when I was at RIT and so you can do the math. And although there were some excellent trains between Gaya(my hometown) to Tata(Purushottam etc). I always preferred the bumpy ride of bus ride to Tata via Ranchi, and Hazaribagh and Ramgarh and Jhumri Tilayya. Right from Chauparan se lekar Bundu tak I can tell you the best road side dhaaba. Travelling by bus was the experience man. So many times I would have to catch the bus while running, specially at Kantatoli chawk, with Khaalasi standing at the door and shouting - Bahut seat khaali hai aaiye aaiye...only to get on the bus and realize the only seat khaali was right in the drivers cabin. In fact many a times I have also sat on the gear box! The funniest thing used to be when someone in the cabin would doze off and the khaalasi(or driver) would slap him to wake him up with a Drive ke paas nahin sone ka. Awesome experience. Would love Harbhajan Singh to ride that ride!
I didnt say that. However, Australia is not without its problems too. Its disrespectful to say things like "Japanese are 10 times the people Indians are when it comes to dealing with ... " The average Indian can not do much about the problems in India. It is the responsibility of the politicians. There is a sufficiently large amount of corruption in India (although the NSW government seems to want to reach those same levels nowadays :p). To make a generalisation about the people of India (or any country for that matter ) just by looking at the social and economic problems is insenstive because it is the responsibility of the politicians, and one shouldnt look to put down someone else's country like that.
No Bharat. If it comes out of him, it has to be the truth and nothing but the truth. Generalization from him is the only fact, any generalization you do is juvenile and stupid.
Actually I will take that response and completely twist it as is my wont :dance: Yeah I have travelled like 7000 times between Ranchi to Jamshedpur. My Dad was posted in Ranchi for a couple of years when I was at RIT and so you can do the math. And although there were some excellent trains between Gaya(my hometown) to Tata(Purushottam etc). I always preferred the bumpy ride of bus ride to Tata via Ranchi, and Hazaribagh and Ramgarh and Jhumri Tilayya. Right from Chauparan se lekar Bundu tak I can tell you the best road side dhaaba. Travelling by bus was the experience man. So many times I would have to catch the bus while running, specially at Kantatoli chawk, with Khaalasi standing at the door and shouting - Bahut seat khaali hai aaiye aaiye...only to get on the bus and realize the only seat khaali was right in the drivers cabin. In fact many a times I have also sat on the gear box! The funniest thing used to be when someone in the cabin would doze off and the khaalasi(or driver) would slap him to wake him up with a Drive ke paas nahin sone ka. Awesome experience. Would love Harbhajan Singh to ride that ride!
I thought Jhumri Talaia was an imaginary town. is it for real ?

Who said this in 2001 ? "Seven weeks ago, I arrived in this most remarkable country to play a Test series that every first class cricketer dreams of. It is not just one thing that is captivating in India, but a thousand things. I am inspired by this country and its remarkable people. There is a lack of the materialism that astonishes me. No matter how poor or lowly people appear, they smile and the effect is like taking an aspirin to cure a headache. When I was feeling crowded or harassed, I would focus on an amazing smile, a smile wrapped right around a face." The answer is obvious.

"Seven weeks ago, I arrived in this most remarkable country to play a Test series that every first class cricketer dreams of. It is not just one thing that is captivating in India, but a thousand things. I am inspired by this country and its remarkable people. There is a lack of the materialism that astonishes me. No matter how poor or lowly people appear, they smile and the effect is like taking an aspirin to cure a headache. When I was feeling crowded or harassed, I would focus on an amazing smile, a smile wrapped right around a face." The answer is obvious.
Colin Miller ?
I thought Jhumri Talaia was an imaginary town. is it for real ?
Abbe kya baat karte ho yaar :((:(( it is very much a town. It is part of modern day Koderma, a town more famous for producing overwhelming (2/3rd plus) of India's mica( or abrhak as we call in Hindi). Also famous for Tilaiya Dam, and Sainik School Tilaiya a very prominent school of the region.
Abbe kya baat karte ho yaar :((:(( it is very much a town. It is part of modern day Koderma' date= a town more famous for producing overwhelming (2/3rd plus) of India's mica( or abrhak as we call in Hindi). Also famous for Tilaiya Dam, and Sainik School Tilaiya a very prominent school of the region.
Baap re Baap, apna to pura geograhiya hi kharab hain..I am hearing these words for the 1st time
Actually I will take that response and completely twist it as is my wont :dance: Yeah I have travelled like 7000 times between Ranchi to Jamshedpur. My Dad was posted in Ranchi for a couple of years when I was at RIT and so you can do the math. And although there were some excellent trains between Gaya(my hometown) to Tata(Purushottam etc). I always preferred the bumpy ride of bus ride to Tata via Ranchi, and Hazaribagh and Ramgarh and Jhumri Tilayya. Right from Chauparan se lekar Bundu tak I can tell you the best road side dhaaba. Travelling by bus was the experience man. So many times I would have to catch the bus while running, specially at Kantatoli chawk, with Khaalasi standing at the door and shouting - Bahut seat khaali hai aaiye aaiye...only to get on the bus and realize the only seat khaali was right in the drivers cabin. In fact many a times I have also sat on the gear box! The funniest thing used to be when someone in the cabin would doze off and the khaalasi(or driver) would slap him to wake him up with a Drive ke paas nahin sone ka. Awesome experience. Would love Harbhajan Singh to ride that ride!
Arre bhai the kind of rides you talk about are very commonplace for most people in India. I am willing to bet Bhajji has done such a ride many times in his life, before he famous.
India has 48% of arablle land and Australia has 6%. Australia is 3 times the size of India. If size of India is 2X that of Australia is 6X. Arable land in India is hence X and that 0.36X. For 64% more arable land we have 50 times more people.
So what ? That is simply boolsheet simplification. Does it take into account that tropical Indian climate can give two-three crops per season while Aussies get only one ? Does it factor in that 'arable land' doesnt equate to land under agriculature - merely what is the land available for growing stuff on it - even if its weeds and grass to feed your sheep ? Do compare India's agricultural output to that of Australia - and once you factor that our agricultural output has the ability to maybe triple itself if western practices are adopted (not necessarily what i am advocating btw), then food production disparity that you are construeing is largely negated ?? And like i said - even if we have a bigger population than resources can sustain - who's fault is that - ours or theirs ?? You breed like rats, your society and ultimately your children or their children pay the price - pure and simple.
Again, check your facts, population growth of India is 1.5% and that of Australia is 1.2% (factbook). So not much of difference there.
We gained more than 800 million population in just over a century over the entire subcontinent - that is insane and totally our own fault. And 1.5 % over 1 billion is insanely bigger than 1.2 for 25 million - they can AFFORD to grow- we can't. Look at Japan ! social responsibility !! *sigh*
Again you are missing my point. Most of the things you are talking about occurred before political boundraies were defined.
Just because the british ruled us 100 years ago doesnt change the FACT that corruption, population explosion, lack of cohesiveness in society etc. are the faults of OUR society, not their brainwashing of us! Take some responsibility ffs !!
Until the large scale corruption in India is fixed up it is unreasonable to expect any major changes from a country with 1 billion people to have a society with low rates of poverty and sufficient healthcare particularly in rural India.
Again, if our society is corrupt, then it is our *****ing problem/responsibility - not something we go ' oh well, not MY fault- what can we dooo ?'. How do you figure other societies deal with their corruption or keep corruption low ?? Takes personal responsibility from the citizens to root out corruption - for it is a cultural trait ! We as a society take bribes/scam money/ etc. in ALL levels - top to bottom. Corruption is dealt with having personal integrity - but then again, we are not individualistic enough to take personal responsibility of our lives as a society ( too many people dont work/mooch off of family/go into family business etc). Again, rest of your post is irrelevant, because you are chickening out of accepting the fact that our corruption is OUR problem and precisely comes from the fact that we as a society lack social ethics and cohesiveness, not something that we got 'cursed with' !
Like I said, there is no point comparing countries (first of all, not everyone is going to agree) and when people start criticising other people's countries (whether the criticism is valid or not), you generate a very personal and emotional reaction which could increase the chance of something racial being said, at which point the argument becomes very heated and nationalistic. Best to avoid it, unless you are speaking to a politician who can actually change it.
Pucca coward's way - slave to emotions instead of using some guts and common sense to effect change...story of our society ! This is why despite having cultural pluralism, we are still a backwards society. Instead of getting past that personal emotion/reaction ( you think i LIKE the fact that my birthplace is a hellhole ? You think it doesnt bother me that we were once a civilization worthy of awe and respect, now we are scum ? getting better, but still scum ?) and trying to affect change, you chose to 'best not address it - incase we offend people, so lets say 'not my personal fault and lets keep wallowing in scum'). Bravo!

I was told some years ago that its not polite to call 3rd world country and in fact words like Developed , Under, developed and developing should be used. But in day to day life in Aus people do use 3rd world country for underdeveloped and developing countries. Al though I dont understand how can the number of people living below poverty line impact Australian over rate. In fact India was poorer when the won the seires in 2004

I was told some years ago that its not polite to call 3rd world country and in fact words like Developed , Under, developed and developing should be used. But in day to day life in Aus people do use 3rd world country for underdeveloped and developing countries.
I dont think it to be so much as impolite as inaccurate and with cold war overtones The reference is to do with the western media calling the western world/NATO nations as 1st world, USSR and its satellite nations as the 2nd world and basically the rest of the non-aligned nations (basically Latin America/Africa/india etc) as the third world.