Hayden frustrated with "cricket happenings" in Third World Countries (aka India)!!!

fineleg

Pucca coward's way - slave to emotions instead of using some guts and common sense to effect change...story of our society ! This is why despite having cultural pluralism, we are still a backwards society. Instead of getting past that personal emotion/reaction ( you think i LIKE the fact that my birthplace is a hellhole ? You think it doesnt bother me that we were once a civilization worthy of awe and respect, now we are scum ? getting better, but still scum ?) and trying to affect change, you chose to 'best not address it - incase we offend people, so lets say 'not my personal fault and lets keep wallowing in scum'). Bravo!
Explain to me then what we should do about it? Planning to hold a protest? Planning an entry in to politics? CC1981 what are youre grand plans?

Btw ... I am not denying that India has its problems. The biggest one is the large scale corruption that occurs. However, my point was, that unless something drastic happens by the government there is very little to be gained from putting someone else's country down. I mean, imagine if you went up to an African person and said "You come from a terrible place. Its so underdeveloped ... it has so many problems ..." and just started listing the problems, and then tell them that they should not get upset when someone says that because they should do something about it. You'd be very likely if you didnt get beaten up for that. Every country has their problems and for the most part there is very little the average citizen can do about it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/cricket The Guardian has an interesting blog in reference to Hayden's latest comments. Well worth a read.
A very interesting travellogue.
The camera was just the job, the service charming, and the payment was pure theatre. In England, if the credit-card terminal didn't work you would be ushered from the shop as a potential fraudster. In Rajkot, ladders were brought, cupboards searched and we soon had three terminals piled high in the hope that one of them would work. The card was swiped 100 times with a wide variety of spin-bowling actions without success. When the shopkeeper tried the doosra it was probably the first time a terminal has ever come back with the response ''rejected due to illegal action.''
I could practically visualise the shopkeeper making bowling actions trying to swipe the card.:cantstop:
I don't get it Lurker' date=' [b']hayden picked on our cultural infrastructure and how exactly is that compared to a game not being played in Patna
Because you can NOT win that argument with Infrastructure. Simple. How in the world can you compare a MCG with Wankhede? Are ground facilities better? Is Mumbai traffic better? Are the restrooms for spectators better? Are the ticketing facilities better?? Just what exactly is better at Wankhede when compared to MCG?? So you can NOT with that argument. What an Indian fan will fall back upon is the usual rhetoric - 5000 year civilization yada yada. But wait a second who exactly has 5000 year old civilization history?? Mumbai? You have got to be freaking kidding me. The city does not have history any different than Australia(in terms of years). When a Mumbaikar(or Mohali fellow) falls on historical perspective he is essentially using Bihari/UP history. The very same set of people that are currently kicked out by the very same people who use the former's history. Of course it is rather interesting to see how we have pockets, and I mean big towns, of India where Indian team has not played a single International game since Independence, even against countries like Bangaldesh and Zimbabwe(who I doubt have any better facilities). So to keep it simple - Keep history out of it, if you want to use history use YOUR own history. xxx
I dont think it to be so much as impolite as inaccurate and with cold war overtones The reference is to do with the western media calling the western world/NATO nations as 1st world, USSR and its satellite nations as the 2nd world and basically the rest of the non-aligned nations (basically Latin America/Africa/india etc) as the third world.
3rd world is used in a derogatory way by westerners to define the pooe under-developed countries. Any amount of fact spin from you doesn't change the basic fact.
Explain to me then what we should do about it? Planning to hold a protest? Planning an entry in to politics? CC1981 what are youre grand plans?
And how does he address it? By calling people scum and sitting on his arm chair and accepting that fact he was born in a s hithole. Yeah, that will address the problem and solve it.

I must say, Hayden knows how to produce a good excuse. Within several hours, he's deflected attention (at least here) away from the fact that his team couldn't handle conditions, adapt properly and manage a reasonable over rate, and turned things into an argument over how developed or backward India is, and where India's history comes from. :D

Exactly. Hayden's excuse is up there with Ted Dexter's old ones for stupidity. We can't do it in India, therefore there's something wrong here. In Dexter's case, he whined it was the pollution and the prawns. Hayden just blames it generally on the happenings of a third world country. The difference is that everyone gave Dexter flak (rightly so) for his bullshit back in 93. With Hayden, people like bharat, Lurks, CC and company are now arguing amongst themselves over how third world India really is, and ignoring the fact that his excuse just covers up a weak performance.

With Hayden, people like bharat, Lurks, CC and company are now arguing amongst themselves over how third world India really is, and ignoring the fact that his excuse just covers up a weak performance.
Well, Duh...you should know that it is not me to focus on the most mundane of matters - least of which is acknowledging whining arguments from a big fatheaded oaf with room-temperature IQ and intellect, who trumps up the 'we play in right spirit' nonsense and then whines like a fishmongerer by the Nile. Hell, i don't even consider Hayden a great/good batsman ( the biggest flat-track/weak-attack bully that ever walked the planet....ever) so i don't even consider his opinion to be worth much even in the strictest cricketing sense. Hayden likes to act tough, but we all know how tough he when faced Curtley - even mickey mouse looked like a manly man in comparison to that p*ssy.