RP Singh needs to be out of the squad after 3rd ODI

fineleg

RP's such a good bowler' date=' pity he doesn't get enough match practice and doesn't get to play test matches anymore. I don't reckon he's going to get to play any test matches in the near future now that Munaf's also in good bowling form. It's a good situation to be in for Dhoni but RP needs few games to really prosper.[/quote'] As a natural swing bowler the best thing would be for him to spend a couple of years in English county cricket where he would be a natural in those conditions. It would not only improve his fitness by bowling constantly but would be worth its weight in gold in terms of learning so much. But the BCCI put an end to that.
:cantstop::cantstop: :two_thumbs_up: OK, now I'll go offtopic: RPS needs to be persisted for the whole series. PK can come in later for Zak. But, Munaf and RPS must play all games. They need as many matches as they can get. And cmon! if not against Eng, then who?
Ok thats a good point ... Considering we're winning maybe this is a good chance for RPS to get back into form. Thats fair enough.
He was not that bad. They mis hit a few times for 4. Unlucky. Watch our tour of england last year when he was suberb. He has a lot of talent. RP SWING!
Yeah he has talent but that England series was over a year ago. Plus, they were in conditions that gave him tons of assistance. I've been saying this from the start, he really isn't any good in non-pacer friendly places. He needs to learn a thing or too from Zaheer - Zak's a swing bowler but is consistently picking wickets all over the world.
ofcourse i do' date=' unlike certain other folkz[/quote'] 5 no-balls. 5 wides (in 1 ball). 60 runs in 9 overs. 6.66 economy. Happy with RP's replacement? He was also the MoS against Australia 10 days ago. Everyone has a bad day and especially when they're coming off a break. We need to be a bit patient.
5 no-balls. 5 wides (in 1 ball). 60 runs in 9 overs. 6.66 economy. Happy with RP's replacement? He was also the MoS against Australia 10 days ago. Everyone has a bad day and especially when they're coming off a break. We need to be a bit patient.
That's not a fair comparison though. RP Singh was bad in the challenger series as well. He is talented no doubt but has to learn the art of bowling tidily. It's better he learns that playing first class cricket rather than ODIs. There are other talented bowlers like Dinda. If somebody is injured one among those can be given a chance instead of getting RP back into form.
That's not a fair comparison though. RP Singh was bad in the challenger series as well. He is talented no doubt but has to learn the art of bowling tidily. It's better he learns that playing first class cricket rather than ODIs. There are other talented bowlers like Dinda. If somebody is injured one among those can be given a chance instead of getting RP back into form.
See but he has the experience of playing international cricket and according to me, he was one of the best bowlers in both England and Australia last year (obviously, Ishant was the find in Australia). He did really well in the T20 WC as well. I think the flat Indian pitches and the fact that he had been out of it for a while has hurt him a lot. I agree with you that he is off color now and can spend a few days playing it out in the FC cricket. But I think Dhoni and the team management should persevere with him in this series because he is an extremely talented guy and needs to get some work done. As someone else suggested, keep him in the squad and let him learn a few tips/tricks from Prasad and Zaheer about bowling in the subcontinent. It will be far more beneficial than playing domestic games, right now. But my point above was that fineleg was complaining too early. Just as Ishant showed, it is hard to come off a break and instantly hit the ground running. From that view, RP doesn't deserve the heavy criticism like 'free-hit singh', etc. Its just insulting and idiotic to make such statements.
See but he has the experience of playing international cricket and according to me, he was one of the best bowlers in both England and Australia last year (obviously, Ishant was the find in Australia). He did really well in the T20 WC as well. I think the flat Indian pitches and the fact that he had been out of it for a while has hurt him a lot. I agree with you that he is off color now and can spend a few days playing it out in the FC cricket. But I think Dhoni and the team management should persevere with him in this series because he is an extremely talented guy and needs to get some work done. As someone else suggested, keep him in the squad and let him learn a few tips/tricks from Prasad and Zaheer about bowling in the subcontinent. It will be far more beneficial than playing domestic games, right now. But my point above was that fineleg was complaining too early. Just as Ishant showed, it is hard to come off a break and instantly hit the ground running. From that view, RP doesn't deserve the heavy criticism like 'free-hit singh', etc. Its just insulting and idiotic to make such statements.
Yeah agree with that. But, people need to be reminded that a place in international cricket doesn't come for free. I think RP Singh is in the same boat as Rohit Sharma. Both are very talented (of course RP has performed well on swinging pitches but which Indian bowler hasn't?) but still they need to keep performing. I am not saying that they be dropped permanently. Just a reminder that they need to work on their flaws. The other thing is why select RP ahead of Praveen Kumar when PK was one of our best ODI bowlers in 2008? Isn't that doing injustice to PK?
Yeah agree with that. But' date=' people need to be reminded that a place in international cricket doesn't come for free. I think RP Singh is in the same boat as Rohit Sharma. Both are very talented (of course RP has performed well on swinging pitches but which Indian bowler hasn't?) but still they need to keep performing. I am not saying that they be dropped permanently. Just a reminder that they need to work on their flaws. The other thing is why select RP ahead of Praveen Kumar when PK was one of our best ODI bowlers in 2008? Isn't that doing injustice to PK?[/quote'] Agreed. I too was very surprised at Praveen not being picked. He could've been very useful I think.