England accept power of spin and call in Swann to turn the tide - Monty may come

They are so thick. They have a very good spinner and don't pick him. Instead they pick part timers like Patel who get smoked and do jack with the bat. Monty would have been very effective today and could have made a difference. Yes his fileding and batting is not top class but its still better then munafs and we pick him. They are making a big mistake not picking him and opting for part timers like Swann and Patel

They gave plenty of chances to Panesar but he was a big failure. And Panesar is not just "not top class" in batting and fielding,, he is awful.
Yes, but he would be a different proposition in India, on these kind of pitches. Incase you didnt notice, ALL english wickets today were taken by finger spinners. Also, wtf is Bopara doing at #8. Wasnt he the top scorer in county cricket?

Yeah Bopara is wasted at #8. Think their main problem is with their opening pair. Bell is still a "talented young player" who's never stepped up. Prior who's supposed to have license to go after bowlers just crabs his way most of the time and puts pressure on the middle order.. I don't think Panesar would be a good ODI player, even for England. Swann and S Patel are alright for England.

I don't think Panesar would be a good ODI player, even for England. Swann and S Patel are alright for England.
Agree with you on Prior. He should be 8. KP, Colly, Freddie and Bopara should bat higher up. As for the spinner, I dont think Swann and S Patel are gonna cut it against India. Against other sides maybe, not against India in India. You need Monty there, no doubt about it.
Panesar might take wickets and would certainly ask questions against yuv who is notoriously suspect against spin bolwing. Patel and swann are part time spinners, they also dont do much with the bat. monty could be a genuine wicket taker and wickets slow run rates. Also lets not forget, SINGH IS KING
KT, May be you haven't seen Panesar when he played ODIs. Because of his awful batting and fielding,, he is under tremendous pressure when he's bowling all the time,, and it just didn't work for him or England. And they probably didnt want to lose Panesar, the test bowler. Swann is not a part-time spinner. Patel doesnt do much with the bat?? I didnt check the stats,, but I think he's averaging close to 50 in CC this year. I agree that Eng needs a good spinner,,, but Panesar wouldn't have been all that good. Swann is adequate. They should probably get him in the side in place of Bell. Or even in place of a pacer (Anderson may be). +Prior Bopara Shah K P Colly Flintoff S Patel Swann Broad Harmison Anderson looks a bit better. Anyways,, whatever combination you go with,,, India is simply a superior team esp. in Indian conditions.
KT, May be you haven't seen Panesar when he played ODIs. Because of his awful batting and fielding,, he is under tremendous pressure when he's bowling all the time,, and it just didn't work for him or England. And they probably didnt want to lose Panesar, the test bowler. Swann is not a part-time spinner. Patel doesnt do much with the bat?? I didnt check the stats,, but I think he's averaging close to 50 in CC this year. I agree that Eng needs a good spinner,,, but Panesar wouldn't have been all that good. Swann is adequate. They should probably get him in the side in place of Bell. Or even in place of a pacer (Anderson may be). +Prior Bopara Shah K P Colly Flintoff S Patel Swann Broad Harmison Anderson looks a bit better. Anyways,, whatever combination you go with,,, India is simply a superior team esp. in Indian conditions.
first of all.. prior at the top order is a bit nonsense.. england needs openerss one who can take the attack to the opponent.. and i dont think bell n prior fit the bill... u mite have to look for someone else.. maybe luke wright n bopara or someone else.. i dont know.. and bopara at 8 down is just a wastage.. he has to be bat up.. and bring in dimitri.... bowling is ok i think...

Monty Panesar has had his time in ODI cricket and failed to be a potent wicket taker in the middle overs where wickets are crucial to stem the potential flow of runs in the final ten overs. This is through bowling too flat and his main form of wickets coming from beating the defensive shot (either an outside edge, bowled or LBW), a most rare occurance in ODI cricket. Graeme Swann should have his turn now, and hopefully the Samit Patel as a front line bowler experiment will come to an abrupt end. Well, not hopefully, I do want India to win:D.