Underestimate the English test team at your own peril

England did nothing today but the Indian batsmen gave away their wickets like Laxman playing god awful shots, Sehwag playing a lazy shot, Dravid just played down the wrong line, SRT got out to a wide loosener, and Yuvraj was fishing wide deliveries before close of play. All stupid, dumb, self inflicted dismissals that had nothing to do with the OP of this thread. Or do you disagree and think England played brilliantly? Then Indian bowlers, bowled twice as good (except for Flintoff) and didn't get as many soft dismissals. So like I said, try to find your balls and man up. Three days still left to go and with Dhoni at the crease we just need to get past 220.
Please!!! This post almost sounds Pakistani. England bowled very well yesterday and although the wickets themsleves might not have come off the best of deliveries, they were a direct result of some excellent lines bowled by England which dried off the run scoring. Nothing to do with the OP of the thread? Dravid being an out of number 3 and Yuseless continuing to be a dud in test matches were big question marks mentioned in the OP. This is not to blow my trumpet or anything, but atleast give some credit to ENgland for putting up a much better bowling display in their first innings than Australia managed to do during the entire tour.
Please!!! This post almost sounds Pakistani. England bowled very well yesterday and although the wickets themsleves might not have come off the best of deliveries' date=' they were a direct result of some excellent lines bowled by England which dried off the run scoring. Nothing to do with the OP of the thread? Dravid being an out of number 3 and Yuseless continuing to be a dud in test matches were big question marks mentioned in the OP. This is not to blow my trumpet or anything, but atleast give some credit to ENgland for putting up a much better bowling display in their first innings than Australia managed to do during the entire tour.[/quote'] I give England plenty of credit but what does that have to do with the OP which was about underestimating them? And what does this have to do with set in batsmen getting out to chasing wide deliveries like SRT/Yuvi did? What does this have to do with Laxman/Sehwag getting out? The batsmen gave away their wickets and no amount of spin is going to change that.
I give England plenty of credit but what does that have to do with the OP which was about underestimating them? And what does this have to do with set in batsmen getting out to chasing wide deliveries like SRT/Yuvi did? What does this have to do with Laxman/Sehwag getting out? The batsmen gave away their wickets and no amount of spin is going to change that.
:confused::dontknow:
I wouldn't know. But maybe you ought to reach down and you know check if you still have a pair of balls? :winky: England did nothing today but the Indian batsmen gave away their wickets like Laxman playing god awful shots, Sehwag playing a lazy shot, Dravid just played down the wrong line, SRT got out to a wide loosener, and Yuvraj was fishing wide deliveries before close of play. All stupid, dumb, self inflicted dismissals that had nothing to do with the OP of this thread. Or do you disagree and think England played brilliantly? Then Indian bowlers, bowled twice as good (except for Flintoff) and didn't get as many soft dismissals. So like I said, try to find your balls and man up. Three days still left to go and with Dhoni at the crease we just need to get past 220.
I'm sorry? Not giving credit to the opposition makes you cojone-rich, does it?
I wouldn't know. But maybe you ought to reach down and you know check if you still have a pair of balls? :winky: England did nothing today but the Indian batsmen gave away their wickets like Laxman playing god awful shots, Sehwag playing a lazy shot, Dravid just played down the wrong line, SRT got out to a wide loosener, and Yuvraj was fishing wide deliveries before close of play. All stupid, dumb, self inflicted dismissals that had nothing to do with the OP of this thread.
I am sorry, but that sounds quite lame. What do you expect bowlers to do to get batsman out in cricket? Do batman stunts and spin webs like Spiderman?
Or do you disagree and think England played brilliantly? Then Indian bowlers, bowled twice as good (except for Flintoff) and didn't get as many soft dismissals. So like I said, try to find your balls and man up. Three days still left to go and with Dhoni at the crease we just need to get past 220.
We're batting last on this pitch remember. A 100 run lead in the first innings for England is almost a match clincher.
who the hell would underestimate the english, they got a great side? They are not fraking bangldesh
You havent been here long enough. Lots of folks here will claim 100% 2-0 win to India. Hence the relevance of this thread.
ah..kk:two_thumbs_up:
See - Kumar. We did not underestimate, but lets see if Punjabi_Khota, satishg, jf1gp1 will now predict what scoreline for the series? Ind:Eng - 0:1 Ind:Eng - 1:1 Ind:Eng - 0:2 seems to be the choices...Unless rain mars Chennai Test (where the hell is cyclone when we need it in Chennai Test now :D), Eng will get a 100+ lead in first inn, and that means very very strong chance of Eng win in Test-1.
England test team is different game altogether.. and when will this tradition of screwing in first test of any series will stop for india
*only* when we have decent warmup matches. Ok, in this instance with terror attack and all, there is reason why we could not schedule good warmup matches. But in many series before (esp away ones), BCCI has never bothered to arrange some serious good warmup matches. We need that. Otherwise our players are sleep walking into the Test-1, and then this "famed batting lineup" just collapses abysmally.
See - Kumar. We did not underestimate, but lets see if Punjabi_Khota, satishg, jf1gp1 will now predict what scoreline for the series? Ind:Eng - 0:1 Ind:Eng - 1:1 Ind:Eng - 0:2 seems to be the choices...Unless rain mars Chennai Test (where the hell is cyclone when we need it in Chennai Test now :D), Eng will get a 100+ lead in first inn, and that means very very strong chance of Eng win in Test-1.
i still stick to my 1-0 scoreline..the match isint over yet and i am not throwing the towel like you..as i said Mumbai 2005 where we succumbed in 2 sessions if that happens we wud lose this match..otherwise we will come out of this hole..

we are getting a result here..coz no cyclone is coming to chennai now..just a couple of showers prediction..and i want India to fight it out rather than escaping coz of rain..English will start complaining then of how they were robbed last year because of bad weather and this year too..oh god i cant stand that..so want our boys to fight it out till the last ball..

Predictions are done before the first day of the first match. When was the last time India was white washed in India ?
we have deadweight in our batting order-when our openers fail cheaply we are on the backfoot and cannot depend on the guys coming later.we need to fix this immediately-we cannot depend on gambhir and sehwag do give us good starts every innings.
our batsmen keep having brain freezes. this really is a very poor batting show. The only way the ind batsmen in this match can redeem themselves is if they bat out more than a day and a half in second inn!!!