How much Dravid mek?

No, I'm not saying Dravid should get a free pass. Play Badri or another batsman who has shown his runs in domestics instead now. I dont mind. But, since MSD has selected him in the 11, this how much he'll mek means nothing. He's already in the team, so what u want him to do? Get duck out? But, if MSD wants to select someone else based on form, sure. Perf is what matters, and Dravid can and will get his form in domestics if he plays there.
Yeah sure. But when SRT is picked (when he is out of form), he is mainly using his "god like figure" to get into the team and not the captain's vote of confidence :giggle:
holy, yes according to me - its not like you have to agree or will agree on any comparison between SRT and RD. From current players Looking at the last decade or decade plus: In ODIs, SRT >>> RD or anyone else In Tests, RD > SRT or anyone else
If you had said between 2002-2007, I probably would agree with the Tests comparison (just marginally) - but since you said 10+ years, then you just haven't watched enough cricket. Sorry, but your opinion doesn't matter if you don't consider "facts".

Dravid's had one truly phenomenal run between 2001 and 2004/5 where he was without doubt one of the world's best batsmen. Tendulkar's 'prime' period is much longer. 1995/6 through to 04, and then again brilliant periods of form in the last year at certain points (Australia tour, anyone?). Longevity means something. It's one thing to average in the high 50s over a 4/5 year period, and another to average that for about a decade or more. At the end of it, Tendulkar IS the greatest batsman India has had. Nobody else combines the same level of sheer skill, consistency, fluency and adaptability in all significant forms of the game and against all opposition. And this is hardly worship. Bradman has only compared one batsman to himself. Waugh, Warne, Lillee, Gavaskar, Lara, Akram and plenty of others say similar things about Tendulkar. There are a number of reasons why Tendulkar is simply a league apart from Dravid and just about peerless right now, and in terms of how he could dominate bowling and innovate, a class above Gavaskar. Instead of picking through statistics or whining about 'God', I suggest you find some footage of Tendulkar in his glory days. Tendulkar v. McGrath in Mumbai in 96, against Warne in all of 98, against Australia in 99/00 and again early this year, at Chennai in 99 with a back issue, in the entire 03 World Cup with a broken bone in his foot, etc, etc. Dravid wishes he could pull that off. (That isn't a knock on Dravid, the man is incredibly humble and appreciative of the man he often bats alongside - in the past he's often layered more praises on Tendulkar than a number of us, and made it clear how he envies his balance at the crease and the range of shots he can offer to any ball.)

Dravid's had one truly phenomenal run between 2001 and 2004/5 where he was without doubt one of the world's best batsmen. Tendulkar's 'prime' period is much longer. 1995/6 through to 04, and then again brilliant periods of form in the last year at certain points (Australia tour, anyone?). Longevity means something. It's one thing to average in the high 50s over a 4/5 year period, and another to average that for about a decade or more. At the end of it, Tendulkar IS the greatest batsman India has had. Nobody else combines the same level of sheer skill, consistency, fluency and adaptability in all significant forms of the game and against all opposition. And this is hardly worship. Bradman has only compared one batsman to himself. Waugh, Warne, Lillee, Gavaskar, Lara, Akram and plenty of others say similar things about Tendulkar. There are a number of reasons why Tendulkar is simply a league apart from Dravid and just about peerless right now, and in terms of how he could dominate bowling and innovate, a class above Gavaskar. Instead of picking through statistics or whining about 'God', I suggest you find some footage of Tendulkar in his glory days. Tendulkar v. McGrath in Mumbai in 96, against Warne in all of 98, against Australia in 99/00 and again early this year, at Chennai in 99 with a back issue, in the entire 03 World Cup with a broken bone in his foot, etc, etc. Dravid wishes he could pull that off. (That isn't a knock on Dravid, the man is incredibly humble and appreciative of the man he often bats alongside - in the past he's often layered more praises on Tendulkar than a number of us, and made it clear how he envies his balance at the crease and the range of shots he can offer to any ball.)
Salil, I can accept what you are conveying. It was the golden period of batting when we had both of them in reasonable form. My only small gripe is that - relatively speaking - Dravid (and for that matter Kumble too) have received less praises showered on them than what they have deserved. Your post above is a fair comparison, and I will accept it.
Salil, I can accept what you are conveying. It was the golden period of batting when we had both of them in reasonable form. My only small gripe is that - relatively speaking - Dravid (and for that matter Kumble too) have received less praises showered on them than what they have deserved. Your post above is a fair comparison, and I will accept it.
If Dravid wasn't being given credit for his performances during those years he wouldn't be in the team at the moment.
RD will block 70 balls ... Harmison will get bored bowling at him and will produce a wicket taking ball (a non-wide delivery that is) and RD will edge it to the keeper or 2nd slip ...
I thought Dravid gets dismissed only to a beauty, jaffa or an unplayable ball. The other thing the commentators favor to say to his dismissal: "Any other batsman would not have nicked it, only a batsman like Dravid manage to nick it to the keeper"? What does it mean?
I thought Dravid gets dismissed only to a beauty, jaffa or an unplayable ball. The other thing the commentators favor to say to his dismissal: "Any other batsman would not have nicked it, only a batsman like Dravid manage to nick it to the keeper"? What does it mean?
It means only Rd could have managed to edge that one :cantstop: .. I feel sorry for him .. he was soooo good but now he is like Manmohan Singh

Aahhh, another drop catch by RD. So summing everything up, RD has been pi ss poor in batting dept. and fielding in the past 1 yr. Finey is YET to open a thread on RD. Had it been SRT.... it would have been a totally different case and reasoning :))

My only small gripe is that - relatively speaking - Dravid (and for that matter Kumble too) have received less praises showered on them than what they have deserved. Your post above is a fair comparison, and I will accept it.
So you accept what salil said? And you're saying that just called Dravid the best Indian test bat ever, an accolade which he doesnt deserve, just because you felt he wasnt getting enough praise... :hysterical::hysterical:
So you accept what salil said? And you're saying that just called Dravid the best Indian test bat ever, an accolade which he doesnt deserve, just because you felt he wasnt getting enough praise... :hysterical::hysterical:
Finey does not want to accept the fact that she/he/it to idolizes RD like how we idolize SRT. Why? because finey cares for the team first than the individual performances :hysterical:

idolize? Hardly. The way some here idolize and worship and put SRT as though he's the greatest human, the greatest God, the best thing since sliced bread. Thats worship, thats fawning... I admire RD for having done a great job for India, I admire SRT for the same too. However, I dont have a problem if they get dropped for not performing. Perform or be dropped. But zillions will want to persist with SRT when he loses form - for RD, many already created the drop Dravid threads and some like Hari even call him sh*t Anyways...SRT gets way more love and RD gets way less. Somewhere someone will give RD his share too. But if they dont perform, then drop them - whoever the "brand name" is - RD, SRT, Kumble...

idolize? Hardly. The way some here idolize and worship and put SRT as though he's the greatest human, the greatest God, the best thing since sliced bread. Thats worship, thats fawning... I admire RD for having done a great job for India, I admire SRT for the same too. However, I dont have a problem if they get dropped for not performing. Perform or be dropped. But zillions will want to persist with SRT when he loses form - for RD, many already create the drop Dravid threads and some like Hari even call him sh*t Anyways...
So Dravid ISN'T better than Tendulkar anymore ?
idolize? Hardly. The way some here idolize and worship and put SRT as though he's the greatest human, the greatest God, the best thing since sliced bread. Thats worship, thats fawning... I admire RD for having done a great job for India, I admire SRT for the same too. However, I dont have a problem if they get dropped for not performing. Perform or be dropped. But zillions will want to persist with SRT when he loses form - for RD, many already created the drop Dravid threads and some like Hari even call him sh*t Anyways...SRT gets way more love and RD gets way less. Somewhere someone will give RD his share too. But if they dont perform, then drop them - whoever the "brand name" is - RD, SRT, Kumble...
I agree- but I feel both ways. I don't think Sachin should be dropped because as we have seen in the past (or the recent past) that his form drop is rather temporary and also, he's India's best batsman (right now and ever - but thats my subjective opinion). I also agree with the fact that the thread for Dravid (at least the one given by fans) is a lot shorter but thankfully the team and the management is behind him. I really hope he gets a big, fluent score here.
I agree- but I feel both ways. I don't think Sachin should be dropped because as we have seen in the past (or the recent past) that his form drop is rather temporary and also, he's India's best batsman (right now and ever - but thats my subjective opinion). I also agree with the fact that the thread for Dravid (at least the one given by fans) is a lot shorter but thankfully the team and the management is behind him. I really hope he gets a big, fluent score here.
graphic, Yes, Hope they can both score lots of runs for India still. However, if RD does not do well in this series, he needs to shine again in domestics and then get back in that route only. Yes, RD praise threads are shorter by fans here. SRT threads will run pages and pages. Both have done good job for india in Tests.
fineleg , go and hide somewhere.. ur best batsman india produced got back to hut now.. 3 runs from 24 balls.. wat a great innings...
Hey, our best batsmen in form got out for 9 and 19 respectively. Give the man a break. Criticize him (as he deserves to be) but also the others because otherwise its not fair.