those who slept after first session....

Cricketics

Cricketicz, Did you read the post? (abt 4th inn...after sehwag etc...history - The b'lore test vs Pak etc.) Its always like this formula in 4th Inn - Until Sehwag is there its a different match, once Sehwag is out, the real Indian Inn will start. I told Blue Brigade I wont post prediction till this inn is over. But here you are calling me out, so let me tell you - the odds are still stacked in favor of Eng winning. With Sehwag gone, this is a totally different match you are going to see in Day-5 with England applying pressure and dominating. Gambhir (if you noticed even in the prev tests) has a different confidence leven when Viru is batting with him, as opposed to Dravid. The weak link in our batting is the "4th-Inn-averse" Maharathi-middle-order - lets hope they bat out 3 sessions tomorrow. If only, Sehwag had remained not out yesterday, it is a different thing, and what you (Cricketicz) say may be correct.

Cricketicz, Did you read the post? (abt 4th inn...after sehwag etc...history - The b'lore test vs Pak etc.) Its always like this formula in 4th Inn - Until Sehwag is there its a different match, once Sehwag is out, the real Indian Inn will start. I told Blue Brigade I wont post prediction till this inn is over. But here you are calling me out, so let me tell you - the odds are still stacked in favor of Eng winning. With Sehwag gone, this is a totally different match you are going to see in Day-5 with England applying pressure and dominating. Gambhir (if you noticed even in the prev tests) has a different confidence leven when Viru is batting with him, as opposed to Dravid. The weak link in our batting is the "4th-Inn-averse" Maharathi-middle-order - lets hope they bat out 3 sessions tomorrow. If only, Sehwag had remained not out yesterday, it is a different thing, and what you (Cricketicz) say may be correct.
Isnt there only 1 Marathi in the middle order? And doesnt Sehwag have a worse 4th innings record than him? Yet Sehwag got the goods today, didnt he?
Isnt there only 1 Marathi in the middle order? And doesnt Sehwag have a worse 4th innings record than him? Yet Sehwag got the goods today' date=' didnt he?[/quote'] Maharathi, i.e. Big shot

My two cents, I did not mean Marathi or Maharashtrian. Its Maharathi as in derived from Mahabharat Pandavas and Kauravas (the big shots - Yudhistr etc). In short, like BB says it means 'Established Big shot' - typically, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman and Ganguly (the latter retired now) also known as Fab-4.

Also, if India starts to bat well - for sure, Kevin Pietersent will surely bowl negative lines and field settings and use the "slow over rates" like Dhoni also slowed up over rates. In ODIs he cannot, but in Tests they'll use every negative tactic to slow and frustrate - that may be a reason why Sehwag started to lose his flow when Panesar and co. used negative tactics.