Dravid - the new night watchman for India

I came back home from the MAC and engaged myself in a conversation with my dad, while watching the highlights on NEO... I was asking about the tied test and asked dad how come India managed to score 300+ in the last innings, whether some of those were scored in the previous day etc. He was recollecting his memories about that game especially how Kris Srikanth set it up for us (like Sehwag did today) with a quick 40 or so and how everyone who came after kept the momentum going. Amarnath, Azhar, Pandit, Shastri everyone scored runs at a brisk pace and only Kapil got out cheaply it seems. Thats when I said sending Dravid was anything but killing the momentum. We should have sent Laxman or Yuivi (???.. well anyone but Dravid). Thats when dad cracked this one which left me ROFL... He said Dravid has been sent more as a night watchman, to protect the little master :hysterical::hysterical:. Had we sent Laxi or anyone else and lost them, it would have meant momentum shifting back to England. However we have nothing to lose if Dravid goes... After completing the ROFL, I thought well - he had a point... Today Bajji's wicket is more precious than Dravid's and hence the thread !!!

It is definitely not harsh... There is no hope on Dravid that he'll contribute to the run chase tomorrow. If anything, he is going to put us on the backfoot with his slow scoring and lose the momentum. Guys.. we just need 256 with whole day's play left. When the likes of Gavaskar, Amarnath, Vengsarkar, Shastri thought that they could chase down 347 in a single day... I think this current batting line up (barring Dravid) can do better. I just hope Dravid gets out soon tomorrow morning so that Gambhir and Sachin can continue from where Viru left it. Final chance for Sachin to compensate the Chennai fans for letting them down in 1999 with his "unfinished job". Anything less than 100 from Sachin tomorrow is unpardonable. No more lapse in concentration. No more playing for the breaks. No more slow batting while nearing landmarks. Sachin - for once, play for us FANS...

It is definitely not harsh... There is no hope on Dravid that he'll contribute to the run chase tomorrow. If anything' date=' he is going to put us on the backfoot with his slow scoring and lose the momentum. Guys.. we just need 256 with whole day's play left. When the likes of Gavaskar, Amarnath, Vengsarkar, Shastri thought that they could chase down 347 in a single day... I think this current batting line up (barring Dravid) can do better. I just hope Dravid gets out soon tomorrow morning so that Gambhir and Sachin can continue from where Viru left it. Final chance for Sachin to compensate the Chennai fans for letting them down in 1999 with his "unfinished job".[b'] Anything less than 100 from Sachin tomorrow is unpardonable. No more lapse in concentration. No more playing for the breaks. No more slow batting while nearing landmarks. Sachin - for once, play for us FANS...
100s r not that easy,dude.and sachin always plays for his fans which doesnt include u

^ ok fine... if dravid can scores 35-45 and importantly without slowing down the scoring rate below 3 runs per over and importantly provide a solid stand with Gambhir, then i'll take it. However, if he scores a 20-30 consuming 90 balls and just when he looks set, if he gets out thereby screwing up the chase, then i wont take it. i said anything less than 100 from Sachin is unpardonable, cos tomm's situation requires a hundred from one of the top 6 and that should come from Sachin.

^yup.as I Said,laxman Would Have Been Better Choice At 3.but Dravid If He Rotates The Strike And Sees Thru The 1st Session With Gambhir Scoring 85-90,it Would Be Great Why Do U Want Only Sachin To Score 100?what Are Laxman,yuvraj,dhoni There For?

^ Because Sachin comes to bat before Lax, Yuvi or Dhoni. Sachin should not repeat the mistake of 1999. No matter at what score he comes in to bat, I want him to stay there till the end and ensure that we get past the target. Sachin not scoring a century would mean, he gets out somewhere in the middle, either due to a loose shot, or lapse in concentration or playing for a milestone. Even if he gets a good delivery, I still expect Sachin to stand upto it and overcome the challenge and continue to be there in the middle. I dont want him to get out thinking that there are players who come after him will do the job. I see a good chance of winning from here and Sachin has to play a big hand...

^ Because Sachin comes to bat before Lax, Yuvi or Dhoni. Sachin should not repeat the mistake of 1999. No matter at what score he comes in to bat, I want him to stay there till the end and ensure that we get past the target. Sachin not scoring a century would mean, he gets out somewhere in the middle, either due to a loose shot, or lapse in concentration or playing for a milestone. Even if he gets a good delivery, I still expect Sachin to stand upto it and overcome the challenge and continue to be there in the middle. I dont want him to get out thinking that there are players who come after him will do the job. I see a good chance of winning from here and Sachin has to play a big hand...
SO U WANT HIM TO STAY TILL THE END and score fast too.we need 256 runs still.and the pitch is turning n bouncing.

^ 90 runs per session is difficult but achievable. if Sachin cant play on turning / bouncing track, then why is he Sachin? i was at the ground today. there is no devil in the pitch. yes - there are lot of footmarks, but the pitch is very slow and it gets slower after it pitches, giving enough time for the batsman to adjust his shot. strauss and collingwood did exactly that.. and if sachin and others can do tht, the match is in the kitty. For tht Sachin has to get stuck there and ensure that the job is done, even if he has to bat with Mishi or Ishant.