Is Dravid slipping to #4

Gambit

You aint a sachin fan. Rename your user name JUDAS you JUDAS.:weights:
lol. Being a Sachin fan don't mean you support him even when he's down. I'm pretty sure he would want to be treated the same way as his colleagues. Unfortunately, he wasn't. BTW, you aint a indian fan if you dont support Dhoni! you're a paki fundamentalist :P
lol. Being a Sachin fan don't mean you support him even when he's down. I'm pretty sure he would want to be treated the same way as his colleagues. Unfortunately, he wasn't. BTW, you aint a indian fan if you dont support Dhoni! you're a paki fundamentalist :P
You support him whether he's up or down - thats what a fan is. He needs our support more when he's down than when he's in good form. But that support doesn't equate to us saying that he ought to be in the team inspite of his bad form.
Yes! It doesnt matter who you are' date= if you're not performing, then maybe you should take a short break. Who knows, if tendulkar would have been dropped at that time, he would prolly have still averaged 56+
Sach Fan, You ARE the true sach fan and cricket fan that I have seen in this forum. Really! You are a fan and are not biased and fawning. Thats refreshing to see. Hats of to you :hatsoff: (before some idjet comes in - obv Dravid should be taking a break now - no excuses for RD either)
You support him whether he's up or down - thats what a fan is. He needs our support more when he's down than when he's in good form. But that support doesn't equate to us saying that he ought to be in the team inspite of his bad form.
I'm sorry, I dont think I said it correctly. I have always supported Sachin, and I always will until I die. He had a horrendous 2006 but that doesnt mean that he keeps playing in the team regardless of bad performances. He should have taken a break just like Dravid should do now.
Sach Fan, You ARE the true sach fan and cricket fan that I have seen in this forum. Really! You are a fan and are not biased and fawning and groveling all over the floor. Thats refreshing to see. Hats of to you :hatsoff: (before some idjet comes in - obv Dravid should be taking a break now - no excuses for RD either)
TY I dont know but for some reason I have this "hatred" against Saurav Ganguly. I just dont know why!
TY I dont know but for some reason I have this "hatred" against Saurav Ganguly. I just dont know why!
I dont think ppl hate Ganguly for his cricket - I mean he had ups and downs etc. But thats not a reason to dislike him. The reason I have seen is because ppl did not like the 'politics' he played outside the cricket field. Anyway, thats a totally different story to this thread. It has nothing to do with cricket, but an attitude of snobbishness and "I am the Lord" feeling towards others. He batted well in Tests and retired on a high. Good for him. End of matter. No need to re-open all that.
Sach Fan, You ARE the true sach fan and cricket fan that I have seen in this forum. Really! You are a fan and are not biased and fawning. Thats refreshing to see. Hats of to you :hatsoff: (before some idjet comes in - obv Dravid should be taking a break now - no excuses for RD either)
If only you were so decent, kind and noble in the past :haha::haha::haha::haha:
I dont think ppl hate Ganguly for his cricket - I mean he had ups and downs etc. But thats not a reason to dislike him. The reason I have seen is because ppl did not like the 'politics' he played outside the cricket field. Anyway, thats a totally different story to this thread. It has nothing to do with cricket, but an attitude of snobbishness and "I am the Lord" feeling towards others. He batted well in Tests and retired on a high. Good for him. End of matter. No need to re-open all that.
And by some people you mean some nutjobs who imagine all the "politics" SCG played to keep his place and then quoting the same one to argue against dropping RSD?

Anakin, If u want to imagine Ganguly as a saint who did not indulge in any dirty politics, be my guest if u want to be naive. There was politics for and against he played - involved Laxman, involved Bhajji etc etc. Anyway old news. he retired now on a good note. You will stick to your view of "innocent ganguly" - so thats good.

ok look, picture this. the score is 150/6 and India is chasing 275 to win a test against a top side. you have one top order batsman left at the crease and his partner Dhoni. who do you want that batsman to be? Sehwag? or would you rather have Dravid? Assume both are in good nick.

ok look' date=' picture this. the score is 150/6 and India is chasing 275 to win a test against a top side. you have one top order batsman left at the crease and his partner Dhoni. who do you want that batsman to be? Sehwag? or would you rather have Dravid? Assume both are in good nick.[/quote'] here, it will depend on who you ask. there are hardcore fans either way. In general: Both in good nick - then as long as there are overs left in the day, Dravid because he will ensure you get through with some safe cricket (if he is in good nick like u said) Also, once Dravid settles down, the price he puts on his wicket is very high, and usually he will not give it away carelessly.
I'm sorry' date=' I dont think I said it correctly. I have always supported Sachin, and I always will until I die. He had a horrendous 2006 but that doesnt mean that he keeps playing in the team regardless of bad performances. He should have taken a break just like Dravid should do now.[/quote'] But you were wrong!!! The reason people were supporting him through that period was NOT becuase he was Sachin but becuase his form wasnt bad enough for him to be dropped and we didnt have good replaceemnts. He was still our 3rd highest scorer that year. Dravid now has being having a worse form for over 2 years. You cannot drop players just for having a few poor matches, particlularly when they are carryng injury. Thats the sure fire way to cause divisions in the team and destroy a player's confidence Even in Sachin's bad year, his average was more than Yuvraj's career avergae
But you were wrong!!! The reason people were supporting him through that period was NOT becuase he was Sachin but becuase his form wasnt bad enough for him to be dropped and we didnt have good replaceemnts. He was still our 3rd highest scorer that year. Dravid now has being having a worse form for over 2 years. You cannot drop players just for having a few poor matches, particlularly when they are carryng injury. Thats the sure fire way to cause divisions in the team and destroy a player's confidence Even in Sachin's bad year, his average was more than Yuvraj's career avergae
Precisely. People often take the numbers without too much context.
Anakin, If u want to imagine Ganguly as a saint who did not indulge in any dirty politics, be my guest if u want to be naive. There was politics for and against he played - involved Laxman, involved Bhajji etc etc. Anyway old news. he retired now on a good note. You will stick to your view of "innocent ganguly" - so thats good.
Of course, after all we're not all that smart to understand the politics and cricket like you do. Please feel free to shower more and more abuse on the criminals ie SCG and SRT to begin with. You have stopped that just like RD has stopped scoring runs, too bad.
I wonder where Gambit got that idea from, about Dravid slipping to #4! And Ganguly is not even in top 10 test batsmen for India?
:--D very true though Ganguly was an ordinary test bat. If he did not have the major slump in the middle of his career he would have ended in the list. When he started out he was running to the top but then it all stopped. Only to revive after being dropped from captaincy. :--D
I would say that the above list while listing some of the genuine greats of Indian cricket is a tad biased towards the past. Not that I don't consider Viswanath, Amarnath, Hazare, Vengsarkar, and Manjrekar as superb batsmen in their own rights specially Amarnath who used to be a true hero for me as a kid when I used to await articles on him in Sportstar and Cricket Samrat but leaving out Azharuddin or Laxman for Hazare, Vengsarkar, and Manjrekar doesn't seem right to me. The manner in which Laxman has dominated the best team of his generation is peerless and some of Azharuddin's innings are just not possible to replicate by any other batsman, including Tendulkar or Sehwag on song and that's a big big statement. His century at Lords, 190 at Auckland, and centuries at Johannesburg and Calcutta against South Africa were paintings on a canvas rather than words on paper. Hazare and Manjrekar were important cogs in the overall development of Indian cricket and Vengsarkar was as good a batsman as any for a couple of years, but really their achievements cannot compare to Azhar and Laxman. And it's not that Azhar and Laxman were not a good eye candy either.
Shwetabh, i considered Azhar for a long time before deciding to drop him from the list. i had bunked college l to watch him score the 2rd of his debut series 100 with Amarnath guiding him thru in chennai.i was mesmerised by the knocks u have mentioned above and would add a few more 180+ against devon malcolm & co in eden gardens,a skillful 150 + against murali on an indian turning wicket and so on. but he was neck deep in match fixing and i lost all my respect and love towards him. so many matches where india might have lost genuinely also suddenly looked as though he had fixed them. i hate such people who sell the country for the sake of money.in fact i was upset that sachin & co did not stop him by going public. they must definitely have realised what Azhar was up to. any way, that is another issue. but Vijay Hazare has scored 100 in each innings against Bradman's team.V. Majrekar was a stalwart in his own right. i agree 100% that i am tilted in favour of past players because of 2 reasons: 1. pitches were uncovered. scoring runs was not so easy. protective gear was primitive.bowlers were quality.not many free runs available. 2. they were paid a pittance compared to what the present generation cricketers are getting paid. it must have been astonishing level of motivation to take up cricket as a career and succeed against quality teams in conditions alien to us.whole families would have been dead against playing cricket as a career. they have sacrificed a lot. when u r not sure of enough remuneration and recognition from public and family, pure love towards cricket has made them the players they ultimately ended up. that heavily tilted my selection.
Rajan' date=' I remember you choosing AB as the best batsman in the 10000 club in an earlier thread.Do understand you have watched alot of cricket over the years,still I find it extremely difficult to fathom..ur choice.[/quote'] when i am free some time, i will post some of the special innings Border played against West indies in their peak, England when they had good attacks, against our quality spinners in india, against Hadlee, Imran & co... he was a good & gutsy player.