Mitch Johnson - what a spell!

Mr. Wicket

The only problem I see with MJ; He face is very girly and he has a very girly first name.. ( I have seen many people pronounce him as 'Michelle'..:giggle:)
That he is a pedophile ? :nervous:
I take it you didn't see a ball of the aforementioned spell' date=' did you?[/quote'] I would applaud his deliveries to Kallis and AB, rest of the dismissals were brain fart from the batsmen's part or ump (JP's dismissal)
What did you think of the thought behind the Morkel dismissal? Absolutely brilliant set up (the key was the couple of outstanding bouncers he'd preceded the slower ball with).
Oh come on. Morkel's a tailender and a false shot was expected from him. Paul Harris managed to flick the ball to the lone leg slip. Brilliant field placement from Ponting ? :cantstop:
Bowled poorly this morning. Too wide occasionally' date=' or seemed to be trying too many different things like his slower bouncers etc. Should have just stuck to the basics as he did yesterday.[/quote'] he was just being himself today:winky:
I take it you didn't see a ball of the aforementioned spell' date=' did you?[/quote'] I didnt see that performance live, but of course, I have seen Johnson bowl otherwise. He's probably one of those rare left-arm quicks who doesnt swing the ball too prodigiously [in the mode of Akram, Irfan ( of the old), Zak ( of the new)] and yet takes lots of wickets.
I didnt see that performance live, but of course, I have seen Johnson bowl otherwise. He's probably one of those rare left-arm quicks who doesnt swing the ball too prodigiously [in the mode of Akram, Irfan ( of the old), Zak ( of the new)] and yet takes lots of wickets.
in short hes agarkar of test cricket:--Ddoes nothin yet takes wickets
I didnt see that performance live' date=' but of course, I have seen Johnson bowl otherwise. [/quote'] Yes, and the way he bowled that one spell was a change from some of his more mediocre spells in the recent past. Used the angles of the crease superbly, mixed up his pace with cutters and slower balls intelligently and kept attacking throughout. Was really impressed by him, and if he can build on that performance and bowl more like that he'll be fantastic. Unfortunately the next morning he was a lot more predictable with the new ball and far less effective. I wonder if he's just a much better old ball bowler, as he doesn't try to swing it then and compensates with subtle variations in pace, cut and angle. When he goes flat out with the new ball he rarely swings it and doesn't have the variation he's capable of. If he learns how to handle the new ball well he'll be frightening.
in short hes agarkar of test cricket:--Ddoes nothin yet takes wickets
What bullsh-t. Agarkar does nothing in test cricket, and also does not take wickets. I'd tolerate him a lot more if he actually took wickets. But he simply bowls a whole lot of crap with fists pumping and the scoreboard operators constantly active.
What bullsh-t. Agarkar does nothing in test cricket, and also does not take wickets. I'd tolerate him a lot more if he actually took wickets. But he simply bowls a whole lot of crap with fists pumping and the scoreboard operators constantly active.
Adelaide. 6-fer *runs*
6 wickets in that one innings. 52 wickets in the other 45 innings he's bowled in. Hell, SEVEN wickets in the six tests he played after that series. Average 47.32. Johnson is a significantly better bowler than Sir Aag, and may sue ICF for defamation if we continue to compare the two.
:hysterical: i meant johnson of test cricket is comparable to aggy of ODIs.

Johnson is good...but personally, I cannot see him being an all-time great in his future. His pacy cutters and skid on to you type action will get wickets...but the boy cannot keep the seam straight and invariably always runs his fingers down the side of the ball...which means swing/reverse swing will not be much of a factor in his bowling and movement of the seam will be erratic as well. Nor does he deliver the ball from much height. He has got angle and cutters going for him at good pace and the good batsmen will keep him out unless they take him too lightly...which has been happening...but cannot for too much longer.