Woolmer murdered?

Re: Woolmer murdered? http://www.geo.tv/geonews/details.asp?id=3668&param=1 akistan coach Bob Woolmer was murdered: Report JAMAICA: The investigations into mysterious death of Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer has taken a dramatic turn as it is feared that Woolmer was murdered. New Findings from a post mortem into the death of Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer show apprehensions that he was murdered, the police said. This report came to surface after further investigations were carried out by a toxicologist and a histologist (scientist who examines body tissue) into death of Woolmer. Earlier, the findings from a post mortem into the death of Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer were "inconclusive", the Pakistan Cricket Board said. Spokesman Pervez Mir told a news conference that further investigations were being carried out by a toxicologist and a histologist (scientist who examines body tissue). Mark Shields, deputy commissioner of the Jamaican police constabulary (crime division), said that the body could not be released until the pathologist had completed his examination. "I know that the scientists are treating it with the utmost urgency in order that we can hopefully repatriate the body to his family as soon as possible," said Shields. Asked when the scientists' conclusions would be available, Shields replied: "I just know they are working as quickly as possible to provide the information that we need. I hope it's today but it could be tomorrow." He added that it was quite normal for there to be delays over a post mortem findings and refused to speculate on the causes of the death. The police said he died in hospital at 12:14 p.m. local time (5:14 p.m. British time) on Sunday. Woolmer, 58, was found unconscious in his Kingston hotel room on Sunday after his team had been eliminated from the World Cup by debutants Ireland less than 24 hours earlier.

Re: Woolmer murdered?

I just can't understand why anyone would want to kill him ? What would their motive be for killing a coach ? Did he know something he shouldn't have ?
Okay I will hold my horses for the reasons at this time. Let authorities confirm first. But here is the thing. If Bob Woolmer was murdered he was definitely murdered by someone he knew. Possibly even from the team. Why do I say that? Because Bob obviously knew this man(or woman) enough so as to let him inside the room. If there was a forced entry, or even a fight, there would be enough remains left for the Detectives to pick immediately. So if Bob was murdered(and its a big IF) it can very well be an inside job, or atleast some inside connection. Again, take it all with a pinch of salt as it might just be all those mafia books I have gobbled over the years speaking. xxxx
Guest dada_rocks

this is becoming nastier with every passing minute...why the hell did they say then that the autopsy report was inconclusive??....sounds very murky....
that's how investigation works they don't spill the beans so early

My question is pretty straight forward' date=' the Pakistan team and the coach had the best security arrangement. How can anyone simply walk into Woolmer's room and murder him?[/quote'] They can not is the answer. And even if someone walked in from outside he would be easily caught on Security camera. Every freaking hotel has one these days, specially with High Security regarding world cup. There may be a few more surprises here.

My question is pretty straight forward' date=' the Pakistan team and the coach had the best security arrangement. How can anyone simply walk into Woolmer's room and murder him?[/quote'] Again not to be too Agatha Christie like but what if the person was someone Bob Woolmer knew?

Re: Woolmer murdered? Lurker is right, the security camers will be in place of course. The security men will not let some unknown in the hotel room just like that. In fact from what I know when the high profile sports events take place the entire floor is booked and security is stationed on the floor.

Re: Woolmer murdered? OMFG! this is getting eerie. the ghosts of match fixing are back to haunt cricket again? Woolmer was into writing a book on the extent of match fixing and tried to or met with the Delhi police chief who investigated Cronje case as per this article http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/artMailDisp.aspx?article=20_03_2007_018_018&typ=1&pub=47 If it turns out to be true it will be a huge proof that the match fixing is still taking place and possibly some at the top in pakistan cricket are involved in it. :roll: