SEHWAG will decide the outcome

sandtest

Cannot understand the approach to the Indian innings after Sehwags run out...it's as if the if the pitch suddenly became a minefield where it had been a batting friendly when Sehwag and Gambhir opened. Gambhir struck two boundaries in the first couple of overs...what the hell happened after that? Gambhir went into a "hold up my end" mode while the rest came in and did not seem to know what they were supposed to do. Looks like they were playing on orders....but what silly orders are these? I am totally flummoxed by the way India approached batting after his dismissal. WEIRD!!!

No...Gambhir was batting fluently as well. He shut down after Sehwag got run out...aside from gradual accumulation...that was my point. The whole APPROACH to the innings went from attacking to defence...this is ridiculous....1 wicket down, 2 wicket down with 180 odd run lead and shut down attacking strokes? Doesn't make sense. What's more, it's silly...encouraged England to set more attacking fields and cut off the singles as well...resulting in more wickets. I just can't see the wisdom of this approach. Maybe someone can explain it to me.

Totally agree. It seems if India are becoming too Sehwag dependent, its great if he fires but he will also get out cheaply often as that is the nature of his game - the question is what do India do then? You cannot fall like a pack of cards once an opener is out, have to be much more resiient and aggressive. Having the current Dravid at 3 is almost a walking wicket or a painful accumulation of a slow 20 or 30. In today's game you need to be more flexible and adapt to the situation and some especially Laxman can only play one way - this is no longer good enough anymore.

Thankfully Yuvraj came in and played his natural game after getting set...but I am suspicious. He started to attack after drinks which makes me think he was given orders...which in turn makes me think that the slow down after Sehwag's run out was also ordered....especially seeing the way Tendulkar played...very strange innings. If I am right and the approach was mandated from the dressing room...then one must really question what the reasoning for such an approach is. I really cannot find anything other than being ultra-cautious to secure the game but it resulted in a worse outcome and quicker wickets by my reckoning....it encouraged England to keep the field up and gave them a second wind....when instead, they should have had the stuffing and all remaining resistance hammered out of them.

There isn't going to be enough time. That could have happened if the batting in the afternoon session was more attacking...now the game is destined for a draw barring some incredible collapse by the English and a super-duper spell by Ishant/Zaheer/Bhajji/Mishra. Can't see it happening. Game was drawn post Sehwag run out for no reason outside of caution...this is my reckoning.

hahahah...as if England will ever chase down 350+ in 75 overs. If they tried chasing that, they would lose by 150+ runs, guaranteed. BTW, this declaration will show what kind of captain Dhoni is. Is he brave enough to go for a win by risking a[n] [im]possible loss or will he be gutless like Dravid and do an Oval style declaration, choosing just to play for a risk-free draw ? hmmm...
i think u got ur answer already.its gutless dhoni:angry_smile:

^ it was dissapointing tactic by dhoni.for gods sake we had 150 run lead.we could have easily made 200 runs in two session n set england 350 runs in 80 overs that would be most possible tommorrow.what was the thought behind sending dravid at 3?yuvraj or even laxman to set the tempo going.the message from dhoni was clear he fears KP.he doesnt have the heart to risk even an outside loss.he is happy with a draw. he has a champion side at his disposal.we should be ruthless n thrash eng n take the no.2 ranking.instead dhoni's cowardice eensures we remain no.3 until NZ tour. if dravid was gutless in eng.dhoni is even more gutless. we r playing at home dammit!

I hate Dhoni and I criticize him at every possible chance' date=' no matter how idiotic that makes me look.[/quote'] WHATS IDIOTIC ABOUT IT? we had a golden opportunity to go 2-0 up n have no,2 ranking,but dhoni just threw it away.can u fathom his tactics today?it was inexplicible
WHATS IDIOTIC ABOUT IT? we had a golden opportunity to go 2-0 up n have no' date='2 ranking,but dhoni just threw it away.can u fathom his tactics today?it was inexplicible[/quote'] When the batsmen bat well you credit them, and when they find it tough going u say its Dhonis poor tactics !!!
WHATS IDIOTIC ABOUT IT? we had a golden opportunity to go 2-0 up n have no' date='2 ranking,but dhoni just threw it away.can u fathom his tactics today?it was inexplicible[/quote'] If you think his tactics were inexplicable... you really need to watch more cricket.. because it doesnt seem like you know anything about the game :haha:
When the batsmen bat well you credit them' date=' and when they find it tough going u say its Dhonis poor tactics !!![/quote'] tough going? it was intentionally slow batting.why the hell was RD batting at 3 wen we needed quick runs?>its not as if pitch was bouncing n turning a lot .it was a very battable pitch.yuvraj showed what he could have done had he been promoted n we shown some intent.
tough going? it was intentionally slow batting.why the hell was RD batting at 3 wen we needed quick runs?>its not as if pitch was bouncing n turning a lot .it was a very battable pitch.yuvraj showed what he could have done had he been promoted n we shown some intent.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: