Indian Cricket Fans.Arrogant and selfish?

SachDan

Menon is one of the greatest turn-offs around. When he is not self loathing, he is writing about the art of "cricket writing". He wants to be a celebrity, this fella. I also think he has relatives on the Cricinfo board, who tolerate his nonsense when they have much better writers such as Dileep around.

Come on ... Y should they be well received... When playing for IPL they play for a businessman ... They play for money .. So where does the country thing comes in this .. Yuvraj was angry as if he was booed by Indians ... No .. He was booed by fans who love their franchisee ... We know he is a part of India but tht is a money minded tournament ... Money is the main priority there ... I don't think he is so stupid to understand tht .. We all loved the tournament and very badly wanted to see ones fav team to win ... So nothing wrong in booing them ... U can see the difference when they play for India ... They r treated like god .. Tht's y I say Indian fans r the most educated of all the fans in the world ... Appreciating doesn't mean u r a real fan or u know everything abt game .. Passion is the thing tht is needed most ... And we have it ... :)
u mean wen playing for king XI,yuvraj stops to be indian?or mumbai ceases to be a part of india?for indians ,every indian should be the same,irrespective of his franchisee.i,being a punjabi,wanted my team to win,but also wanted sachin,viru to score a ton. n booing is bad,bad thing.it means mumbai people dont love yuvraj as much as they should do.

Ever notice how Indian authors in times hurl thunder strikes at their own to prove neutrality? Thats what this is, Kamran Abassi had a similar reputation on Cricinfo but we all know his true colors thrust out after the cancellation of the series and his beloved Pak getting a shove.

u mean wen playing for king XI,yuvraj stops to be indian?or mumbai ceases to be a part of india?for indians ,every indian should be the same,irrespective of his franchisee.i,being a punjabi,wanted my team to win,but also wanted sachin,viru to score a ton. n booing is bad,bad thing.it means mumbai people dont love yuvraj as much as they should do.
When playing for Kings XI, yuvraj doesnt stop being an Indian. He stops becoming a home player, and should not expect "home" support in Mumbai. Mumbai is still a part of India, and so is Punjab, but it is incredibly stupid of you to expect Mumbaikars to cheer someone from an opposing team. You either want your team (Mumbai) to win, or you want Yuvraj to score a 100. If I(a Mumbai supporter) wanted Yuvraj to play a good knock, then I probably didnt want my team to win enough. For Indians, every Indian should be the same, regardless of franchise. I agree with that statement when these guys are playing for India, but not when they are playing in IPL. What BS are you talking.. so that means people should not support any team while watching the Ranji trophy... as they are all Indians?:haha: Boo'ing is perfectly acceptable. Just because someone is boo'ed doesnt mean the people dont love him as much as they should do. If I'm in the crowd, I'm going to make life as hard as possible as I can for the opposing team, because I want my team to win, and I will do all I can to help them win. If that means boo-ing the opposing team captain onto the field, so be it.
When playing for Kings XI, yuvraj doesnt stop being an Indian. He stops becoming a home player, and should not expect "home" support in Mumbai. Mumbai is still a part of India, and so is Punjab, but it is incredibly stupid of you to expect Mumbaikars to cheer someone from an opposing team. You either want your team (Mumbai) to win, or you want Yuvraj to score a 100. If I(a Mumbai supporter) wanted Yuvraj to play a good knock, then I probably didnt want my team to win enough. For Indians, every Indian should be the same, regardless of franchise. I agree with that statement when these guys are playing for India, but not when they are playing in IPL. What BS are you talking.. so that means people should not support any team while watching the Ranji trophy... as they are all Indians?:haha: Boo'ing is perfectly acceptable. Just because someone is boo'ed doesnt mean the people dont love him as much as they should do. If I'm in the crowd, I'm going to make life as hard as possible as I can for the opposing team, because I want my team to win, and I will do all I can to help them win. If that means boo-ing the opposing team captain onto the field, so be it.
while hoping for your team is right n hoping for opp players failing is also acceptable,it is also important o appreciate the winners AFTER the game.u dont as a mumbaikar want yuvraj to score a ton is fine,but wen he does manage it,whats the harm in appreciating it?u cant suddenly cut off all the love for him bcoz he plays for the opp. now
Good post! Its high time for rox to start watching EPL or any other high intense league to feel the real essence of franchise driven sport.
while hoping for your team is right n hoping for opp players failing is also acceptable' date='it is also important o appreciate the winners AFTER the game.u dont as a mumbaikar want yuvraj to score a ton is fine,but wen he does manage it,whats the harm in appreciating it?u cant suddenly cut off all the love for him bcoz he plays for the opp. now[/quote'] I dont want to appreciate his ton, because I dont want to give him more confidence. Yes, we can appreciate the winners after the game, and we did. The semi finals were in Mumbai, and there were LOADS of people supporting Yuvraj, cheering for him, waving the Kings XI flags, etc for him. I know that because I was in the stadium for both games, Punjab v Mumbai, and Punjab v Chennai.. If you want, I can show you pics. I'm sure you'll find some quote by Yuvraj that said the crowd was wonderful today. As for appreciating the team right after the game gets over... thats not what Yuvraj was crying about. He was whining about the crowd not supporting him during the game. Thats why, after the game got over(we needed 2 runs of last ball, and had a runout), he went to the part of the stadium that was most vocal, and started celebrating there. People do appreciate after the game, but when the game was CLOSE, had umpiring errors(3rd ump messed up important runout), and the player is acting like a d!ck by rubbing salt in your wound, im not sure it was going to happen. Imagine you were watching Ind-Aus being bucknored at Sydney, and after the game, Ponting comes and starts celebrating right in front of your face. I'm sure you'd smile and clap for him..
I dont want to appreciate his ton, because I dont want to give him more confidence. Yes, we can appreciate the winners after the game, and we did. The semi finals were in Mumbai, and there were LOADS of people supporting Yuvraj, cheering for him, waving the Kings XI flags, etc for him. I know that because I was in the stadium for both games, Punjab v Mumbai, and Punjab v Chennai.. If you want, I can show you pics. I'm sure you'll find some quote by Yuvraj that said the crowd was wonderful today. As for appreciating the team right after the game gets over... thats not what Yuvraj was crying about. He was whining about the crowd not supporting him during the game. Thats why, after the game got over(we needed 2 runs of last ball, and had a runout), he went to the part of the stadium that was most vocal, and started celebrating there. People do appreciate after the game, but when the game was CLOSE, had umpiring errors(3rd ump messed up important runout), and the player is acting like a d!ck by rubbing salt in your wound, im not sure it was going to happen. Imagine you were watching Ind-Aus being bucknored at Sydney, and after the game, Ponting comes and starts celebrating right in front of your face. I'm sure you'd smile and clap for him..
oops! didnt know that.my mistake.
Good post! Its high time for rox to start watching EPL or any other high intense league to feel the real essence of franchise driven sport.
The Premiership doesnt have franchises. They are football clubs who have strong links with the local community. U r insulting the clubs by calling the franchises. The franchises can move to any other city if they have to, or change team colours, there is no continuity. Oh and please stop comparing some franchises with the Indian Cricket team, they are different. Good innings should be applauded, why wasnt Viru's innings in Hyd applauded?
The Premiership doesnt have franchises. They are football clubs who have strong links with the local community. U r insulting the clubs by calling the franchises. The franchises can move to any other city if they have to, or change team colours, there is no continuity. Oh and please stop comparing some franchises with the Indian Cricket team, they are different. Good innings should be applauded, why wasnt Viru's innings in Hyd applauded?
exactly.n why was yuvraj boo'ed? i can understand people not wanting him to beat their team but booing is too much
exactly.n why was yuvraj boo'ed? i can understand people not wanting him to beat their team but booing is too much
yes, booing is not cricket. in other sports like football or rugby or whatever its fine. in Cricket, players should be applauded if they play well. ok its fine if we dont applaud *****s like punter, hayden, symmo, m clarke etc, but we should not be booing our own players.

Some of you are giving instances in the IPL as being unsporting crowds. IPL???!! Friggin' IPL!!! Two companies fight against each other in a mickey mouse game and people are supposed to be gentlemanly, clap for 50's and all that jibe? Honestly, how it is different from being 'sporting' in a WWE/WWF game?