96 Wc Qf

Gambit

When this match happened I was holidaying in Spain ------------- When I bought the tape in 1997 in NYC to go back to UNI to watch it on my VCR, the VCR broke I drove down to buy a new VCR to find the store was closed I then went to a thrift store to a buy a $20 VCR which had no remote I watched it all night and rewound the 2nd Innings all over again to miss class next day ------------- I gave it to a friend to watch it who never returned it back saying I never gave it to him ------------- I found the game again after searching through a fish-smelling Lankan store ------------- I released the full game on Desitorrens and then accidentally deleted the file from my PC I recovered the game and then burnt it on disc which also got corrupted ------------ I manage to download a different release on Desi torrents and clipped the "Waqar Younis is being Slaughtered" On You tube which had over XX hits ------------ You tube then removed my account which removed all the videos ------------ I can watch this game over and over and over... This game created a mini-riot in a Desi theater in NY This game created a debate in Pak Parliament after their loss This game made my love for cricket grow as ever

One of the best match I have ever seen . Still remember that moron Imran khan indulging in his customary flip flops at the commentary box ' date=' first he praises Amair Sohail for the boundary which he hit after sledging Prasad and the very next delivery when Sohail gets bowled, he admonishes him . Typical Pakistani mentality ...[/quote'] Right on. Imran was having orgasms at Aamir Sohail. "What can you say to Aamir", the gan*** was chuckling. Next ball Prasad bowled him hook line and sinker. This time it was Shastri on all fire with "Thats the way you respond". I watched this game in college hostel. What memory!
When this match happened I was holidaying in Spain ------------- When I bought the tape in 1997 in NYC to go back to UNI to watch it on my VCR, the VCR broke I drove down to buy a new VCR to find the store was closed I then went to a thrift store to a buy a $20 VCR which had no remote I watched it all night and rewound the 2nd Innings all over again to miss class next day ------------- I gave it to a friend to watch it who never returned it back saying I never gave it to him ------------- I found the game again after searching through a fish-smelling Lankan store ------------- I released the full game on Desitorrens and then accidentally deleted the file from my PC I recovered the game and then burnt it on disc which also got corrupted ------------ I manage to download a different release on Desi torrents and clipped the "Waqar Younis is being Slaughtered" On You tube which had over XX hits ------------ You tube then removed my account which removed all the videos ------------ I can watch this game over and over and over... This game created a mini-riot in a Desi theater in NY This game created a debate in Pak Parliament after their loss This game made my love for cricket grow as ever
You are one psychotic cricket fan, aren't you ? :two_thumbs_up::icflove:
Right on. Imran was having orgasms at Aamir Sohail. "What can you say to Aamir", the gan*** was chuckling. Next ball Prasad bowled him hook line and sinker. This time it was Shastri on all fire with "Thats the way you respond". I watched this game in college hostel. What memory!
Imran Khan also said that INDIANS were under pressure as they were panicking and they might even lose this game :giggle:. When Javed Mia was holding the fort for pakistan. He also kept taunting the Indian crowd when they observing pin dropped silence everytime Pakistani batsmen hit a 4/6:haha:

This game was my first ever Cricket game on TV.... I used to hate cricket before this... After this match and till this day, i never missed a single Indian cricket match... i still remember,since it was my first ever cricket match, i didnt know the rules of game that well but i was glued to the TV during the whole match.. had i seen some other Cricket match as my first, i would never be into Cricket... seriously coz of this particular match, i dont know how much time i have wasted of my life following our Indian Cricket...

Rajeev..seriously i used to think that I am the biggest cricket fan out here but damn i cant even come close to your level of interest in Cricket... Rajeev, in those days(Mid 90s), there werent much NRIs in Canada, so how long does it used to take for Cricket matches and movies to come in the Stores?? ... i have heard of stories about how NRIs back in 80s used to drive Milesss just to buy basic Indian stuff like Aaata and Sabjis...but look now, there are two desi stores right beside my apartment...
Rajeev ' date=' kitna senti hai yaar tu[/quote']
Rajeev..seriously i used to think that I am the biggest cricket fan out here but damn i cant even come close to your level of interest in Cricket... Rajeev' date=' in those days(Mid 90s), there werent much NRIs in Canada, so how long does it used to take for Cricket matches and movies to come in the Stores?? ... i have heard of stories about how NRIs back in 80s used to drive Milesss just to buy basic Indian stuff like Aaata and Sabjis...but look now, there are two desi stores right beside my apartment...[/quote'] I hated cricket before this game - I had abs no interest. It was in the lounge of my school in Switzerland, where a Pakistani said "Only Sachin is something special, rest of your team is cr@p". Its something about being outside your Land and get teased by someone ( pakistani ), it wasn't about the game that time - more about being Indian. TV wasn't allowed in the afternoon but exception was made for the WC
After this match, some Paki stabbed a celebrating Indian fan, down the road from where I live bastards
The Pakistani who instigated the whole thing was also with me in US; I wasn't there in `99 but from what I heard his friend got beaten up by some of my Delhi Friends near him after he started swearing in a bar cos he couldn't handle the loss again

Where does this match rank in terms of india pakistan world cup clashes? Does this eclipse the 2003 world cup match where sachin, omg,single handedly thrashed pakistan out of the world cup My mum was telling me that before the world cup that actor claimed he could bounce sach out very cheaply? can anyone please confirm? sachin took on wasim / waqar / actor / etc. at like the 5 way over mark, the score was like 53 - 0 India chased down 270 odd with half a dozen overs to spare when they never sucessfully chased more than 230 odd in a world cup encounter epic stuff jai hind

Where does this match rank in terms of india pakistan world cup clashes? Does this eclipse the 2003 world cup match where sachin, omg,single handedly thrashed pakistan out of the world cup My mum was telling me that before the world cup that actor claimed he could bounce sach out very cheaply? can anyone please confirm? sachin took on wasim / waqar / actor / etc. at like the 5 way over mark, the score was like 53 - 0 India chased down 270 odd with half a dozen overs to spare when they never sucessfully chased more than 230 odd in a world cup encounter epic stuff jai hind
I think 2003 WC was very special because of the fact that both teams played each other on a very rare occasion and off course Kargil memories were fresh. Tendulkar couldn't sleep at nights one week prior to this game and that's some telling.

^^ Actually, in our country, world cup matches in pakistan are like a matetr of national pride Check out the following: On 3 March 2003, celebrations over India’s win against Pakistan in the World Cup cricket turned violent in Gujarat, killing a Muslim youth and leaving six others injured. There were similar incidents of violence in other parts of the country, including Vadodara, Gorakhpur, Gajrawadi, Kolkata and Bangalore. These instances are not sudden clashes between groups of two communities. Cricket, as a game, is being exploited by a section of the majority, especially by the right wing groups, to make the minority community feel alienated. Any Indian cricket victory against Pakistan is a matter of celebration for the Hindus and not for the Muslims. In this particular case, after India’s victory, about 500 members belonging to the Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP), Hindu Jagarana Vedike and Bajrang Dal took out victory processions in the town. These processions were deliberately taken to areas with large Muslim population. In Gajrawadi and Bangalore, the shops of the minority community were forced to close, and in Gorakhpur, there were protests against the fluttering of green flags, dubbed as Pakistani flags, atop houses, shops and places of worship of the minority community. The Hindu Mahasabha objected to the fluttering of these flags and the protests turned violent. These processions and demonstrations were portrayed to give the message not only of the Indian team’s victory over the Pakistani team, but also of India over Pakistan as a nation. Therefore a clear attempt is made to give a communal angle to cricket matches, which are nothing but sporting events. This phenomenon of communalizing cricket originated in the last decade. Victory marches and processions were never a feature of the past, but a practice of recent years. The people who lead and participate in such processions often have aggressive body language which instigates riots and violence. In the last five years these incidents were confined to areas in Uttar Pradesh and some parts of Gujarat, now, however, they are becoming widespread. When Pakistan lost the World Cup to Australia in 1999, sweets were distributed in certain cities of Uttar Pradesh and Gujarat and firecrackers were lit by Shiv Sena activists in Muslim dominated areas. http://www.ipcs.org/India_articles2.jsp?action=showView&kValue=969&country=1016&status=article&mod=a

well a lot of (mostly uneducated and poor) Muslims do support Pakistan when it comes to cricket. I have seen them celebrate , have stickers of Pakis on their bats , sledging us (normal Indians) how the mighty pak beats India ... and I have heard them say "inshahallah pakistan will win" and my friend (a muslim) who played cricket with us used to feel ashamed whenever we played cricket against them. he often told them to move to pakistan and live with their brothers .. *Note: My last memory of desh droh was in zakir nagar (yes the area where Inspector Sharma was killed). People celebrate by using firecrackers , slogans every time Pak beats India ...