Dhoni snubs domestic cricket

Lord

Apparently you think Dhoni shouldn't just be availalbe for Tests, ODIs, 20/20s but also for the mighty Duleep Trophy. How many other Indian players do you think informed the board that they wouldn't be available for the Duleep trophy? This is only news because it's about the Indian Captain. Like I said some people have absolutely no lives and have to tell others like Dhoni how to live theirs. The man has accomplished more as the Indian Captain in a few short months than most captains do in all their careers. Nah, you've got it wrong. Dhoni should be telling these people how to live their lives instead of the other way around.
u r taking it the wrong way.dhoni is free these days n is holidaying.but being a responsible cricketer,he should have told BCCI about that,n he should have responded to selectors calls.even after so much fracas,there no explanation from the man yet. and as i said earlier,if sachin n zak can be available for dom.cricket,why not dhoni?
u r taking it the wrong way.dhoni is free these days n is holidaying.but being a responsible cricketer,he should have told BCCI about that,n he should have responded to selectors calls.even after so much fracas,there no explanation from the man yet. and as i said earlier,if sachin n zak can be available for dom.cricket,why not dhoni?
WTF is wrong with you? They're available because their team is in the finals and the semifinals. Dhoni's team isn't. Calm down. Wait for the man to respond.
WTF is wrong with you? They're available because their team is in the finals and the semifinals. Dhoni's team isn't. Calm down. Wait for the man to respond.
comeon!that is ranji trophy.the selections for duleep trophy is the talking point.dhoni has all the rights to enjoy holidays,but he should tell whether hes available or not. as for 'Wait for the man to respond.'part,its been 6 days already
comeon!that is ranji trophy.the selections for duleep trophy is the talking point.dhoni has all the rights to enjoy holidays,but he should tell whether hes available or not. as for 'Wait for the man to respond.'part,its been 6 days already
Some how I doubt the selectors would have leaked the news that Dhoni called them back as opposed to the news that he didn't get back to them within 36 hours. It's a much more juicy news story when he failed to call them back immediately. Unfortunately when you've had as much success as Dhoni, parasites will latch on to be associated with his name even if it's a negative news story without much news in it at all.
Some how I doubt the selectors would have leaked the news that Dhoni called them back as opposed to the news that he didn't get back to them within 36 hours. It's a much more juicy news story when he failed to call them back immediately. Unfortunately when you've had as much success as Dhoni, parasites will latch on to be associated with his name even if it's a negative news story without much news in it at all.
then why doesnt happen with sachin? seriously,that is a weak accusation.with the RP Singh episode n selectors getting grilled for it,i doubt any sane selector have taken such a big chance. and it is true,why doesnt Dhoni come out n say he DID call?
Apparently you think Dhoni shouldn't just be availalbe for Tests, ODIs, 20/20s but also for the mighty Duleep Trophy. How many other Indian players do you think informed the board that they wouldn't be available for the Duleep trophy? This is only news because it's about the Indian Captain. Like I said some people have absolutely no lives and have to tell others like Dhoni how to live theirs. The man has accomplished more as the Indian Captain in a few short months than most captains do in all their careers. Nah, you've got it wrong. Dhoni should be telling these people how to live their lives instead of the other way around.
Read my posts again Fontaine. I've never said MSD should be available; I admit he is overworked. Senior guys often miss domestics for reasons such as "rest"/"unavailable"/"won't play"(most recent: Tendulkar for Ranji SFs). I have no qualms if Dhoni misses domestic games; lord knows he needs the rest. However, it's bad form to be incommunicado. I've never heard Tendulkar/Dravid/Gangs being unreachable by the board. It's just bad pub for the man, when he could have so easily have avoided, by stating to his employer, don't call me for the next month or so or whatever.
Read my posts again Fontaine. I've never said MSD should be available; I admit he is overworked. Senior guys often miss domestics for reasons such as "rest"/"unavailable"/"won't play"(most recent: Tendulkar for Ranji SFs). I have no qualms if Dhoni misses domestic games; lord knows he needs the rest. However, it's bad form to be incommunicado. I've never heard Tendulkar/Dravid/Gangs being unreachable by the board. It's just bad pub for the man, when he could have so easily have avoided, by stating to his employer, don't call me for the next month or so or whatever.
Fair point. I don't think I'd trust the selector who said he called him based on how reliant our selectors have been in the past. For all we know, he could've called back a few minutes after this leaked out or whatever. I just think its a very trivial issue that certain posters are making use of to write some more anti-Dhoni statements. You can see this with the example of the post above yours - still crying about a 100% justified break during the SL Tests.
Fair point. I don't think I'd trust the selector who said he called him based on how reliant our selectors have been in the past. For all we know' date=' he could've called back a few minutes after this leaked out or whatever. I just think its a very trivial issue that certain posters are making use of to write some more anti-Dhoni statements. You can see this with the example of the post above yours - [b']still crying about a 100% justified break during the SL Tests.
how was that justified?he may have been tired but could have missed IPL games or ODIs.tests shoulds not be missed at all.they r premier form of the game n need to be respected.if u r fit,there no reason to miss tests ,especially away tours.clearly he wanted to avoid M&M in test situation. n why wouldnt u trust this set of selectors?the resignation episode was completely true,nobody denied it. n if Dhoni have called later,why doesnt he clarify to the media?why is he still in hiding?
Because he doesn't need to clarify to the media. It is not part of his job description.
why not?he s the captain of our team n a responsible player.so wen he doesnt reply to selectors,SMSes,there is a problem.media has a right to question him,and he gotta answer being a crucial player in indian setup.
That you are unable to understand how overworked he was at that point of time shows that if I try to reason with you some more, it would be stupid of me.
of course he was overworked,but there were other less important which he could have missed.there was no need to play in Kitply cup n asia cup.even lanka ODI series could have been missed.he gotta plan these things in advance.he cant miss important series just because he is tired.
why not?he s the captain of our team n a responsible player.so wen he doesnt reply to selectors,SMSes,there is a problem.media has a right to question him,and he gotta answer being a crucial player in indian setup.
The media is important when the season is in play. This is during a break. He doesn't have to call the media and have a press meeting about why he didn't call the selectors back. Its very unimportant and I'm sure someone will ask him at the next press meeting, which can't be too far away since we're leaving to SL in a week or so.
of course he was overworked,but there were other less important which he could have missed.there was no need to play in Kitply cup n asia cup.even lanka ODI series could have been missed.he gotta plan these things in advance.he cant miss important series just because he is tired.
You feel that the tests are the "premier" part of the game. Perhaps he considers all of them important because India plays all of them and perhaps, he plays them so that we can win them? Lanka ODI series, now is the only good part of our tour - that we were able to handle Mendis and Murali well enough to win the series 3-2. Do you know who got the MoS award? Do you know who the win was attributed to? Everygame that India plays - India ought to win, that is the mind set that they're playing under. Not, "Oh, not tests. Pfft. Don't need to put in effort into these.." Whatever though. Its been over 6 months since he missed it. If we're still arguing about it, we have no life.

Sachinrox, Dhoni was not available for Lanka series because he was fatigued and thought he could not give his 100% to the team. In such a situation, there is no point in letting the team down. Moreover, after the Asia cup, Dhoni had complained how overworked the cricketers were and BCCI had retorted by saying that players were free to ask for rest in whichever series they think they couldn't give 100%, like Sachin had opted out of KitPly cup and Asia cup. Dhoni was not aware of this policy till then but now he was and hence asked to be rested for the Lanka tests? Why did he not opt out of IPL instead? Well, this was the 1st edition of IPL and BCCI was too touchy about it and wanted even an injured Tendulkar who had missed the SA tests due to groin injury to take field, or if he couldn't then keep travelling with the team to show the country that he was interested in this competition. Besides that, players were sold to franchises who brought then thousands of dollars. After being sold to CSK for 1.5 millions, Dhoni or anyone in his place CANNOT back out unless he is severely injured and unable to play. Dhoni could have asked for rest during Kitply and Asia cup, but he wasn't aware that he could opt out of the series at will. Any more doubts?

Sachinrox, Dhoni was not available for Lanka series because he was fatigued and thought he could not give his 100% to the team. In such a situation, there is no point in letting the team down. Moreover, after the Asia cup, Dhoni had complained how overworked the cricketers were and BCCI had retorted by saying that players were free to ask for rest in whichever series they think they couldn't give 100%, like Sachin had opted out of KitPly cup and Asia cup. Dhoni was not aware of this policy till then but now he was and hence asked to be rested for the Lanka tests? Why did he not opt out of IPL instead? Well, this was the 1st edition of IPL and BCCI was too touchy about it and wanted even an injured Tendulkar who had missed the SA tests due to groin injury to take field, or if he couldn't then keep travelling with the team to show the country that he was interested in this competition. Besides that, players were sold to franchises who brought then thousands of dollars. After being sold to CSK for 1.5 millions, Dhoni or anyone in his place CANNOT back out unless he is severely injured and unable to play. Dhoni could have asked for rest during Kitply and Asia cup, but he wasn't aware that he could opt out of the series at will. Any more doubts?
:two_thumbs_up: Thanks Chandan.
The media is important when the season is in play. This is during a break. He doesn't have to call the media and have a press meeting about why he didn't call the selectors back. Its very unimportant and I'm sure someone will ask him at the next press meeting, which can't be too far away since we're leaving to SL in a week or so.
agreed.but since has made allegations against him,n he is being questioned,he should call the media straightaway if he cares for his reputation n self respect.why wait for the press meeting for about a week?
You feel that the tests are the "premier" part of the game. Perhaps he considers all of them important because India plays all of them and perhaps, he plays them so that we can win them? Lanka ODI series, now is the only good part of our tour - that we were able to handle Mendis and Murali well enough to win the series 3-2. Do you know who got the MoS award? Do you know who the win was attributed to? Everygame that India plays - India ought to win, that is the mind set that they're playing under. Not, "Oh, not tests. Pfft. Don't need to put in effort into these.." Whatever though. Its been over 6 months since he missed it. If we're still arguing about it, we have no life.
of course every form is important,but since in ur words,he was overworked,he needed to pick n choose.tests are much more important than ODIs.if he wanted a break he could have missed ODIs.obviously we won the ODI series in lanka due to him,but if he was ther for tests,our chances of winning them would have been much greater n that would have been a far greater win.i would take a ODI loss instead of test loss anyday.
oh come on,is he a kid? indian players have pulled out of ODIs earlier.there isnt any policy as such.any player can make himself unavailable anytime.moreover,if sachin could opt out of Kitply cup n asia cup,why couldnt he? i'm not too miffed about him playing IPL.he has right to earn every penny.but since he was fatigued,he could have missed some unimportant games.