Pakistan cricket

that will be totally unprofessional from SLC... U gotta feel for Pakistani fans... they really deserve some quality cricket
Say WHAT? I say rub it in, its still not over, the tour might be on..... for now, lets wait until the first ball is actually bowled. Dont forget if umpires or match referees dont want to go still could be game over. Heres hoping !!:pray:

New PCB slams old PCB Well, it might turn out to be a good thing for Pakistan Cricket that the Champions trophy was postponed because they still don't have the main stadium ready: http://content-www.cricinfo.com/pakistan/content/current/story/385936.html

Renovation work at Gaddafi halted Cricinfo staff January 9, 2009 Renovation work on the Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore has been stopped with immediate effect by the PCB, after the board claimed they had discovered "massive irregularities" in the construction of the far end pavilion. The present administration, led by chairman Ijaz Butt, has placed the blame fully on the men they replaced last August in a strongly-worded, no-holds barred statement. The work on the stadium had begun in February 2008 and was due to be completed by the end of August, in time for the Champions Trophy, which was eventually postponed. The work had been budgeted originally at Rs 142 million (around US$1.8m), the statement claimed, but had overrun to such an extent that the final projected cost was Rs 471 million (around US$6m). Further, the architect behind the project was said to be a "buddy" of Shafqat Naghmi, the chief operating officer at the time. "The VIP enclosure at the Gaddafi Stadium was conceived by the previous management of PCB and was a show piece to be ready before the ICC Champions Trophy to be held in September 2008 at a cost of Rs 142 million for usable area of 55, 000 square feet. The architect who was awarded the contract was a close buddy of Shafqat Naghmi," read the statement. "The design is faulty - huge columns have been constructed which have blocked spectators' view. Hospitality boxes have been ill-conceived and huge dinning room areas have been left at the back of the boxes which have very little utility. There has been a huge cost overrun ... the total has reached staggering figure of Rs 471 million. The whole project is a monumental disaster, utter wastage of PCB funds and is a tribute to the management ego and vision of grandeur. "The project was to be completed by 31st August 2008. It was sheer negligence and incompetence of the previous management that the project has not been completed in time and there has been a colossal cost increase. The amazing aspect of the whole fraudulent tender is that a hefty advance has already been paid to the contractor." Naghmi, as well as Ahmar Malik, former GM special projects, are said to have travelled abroad at the board's expense to visit various cricket stadiums as has the architect. The board claims they questioned the architect about the problems with the design, though his reply was only that the design was made according to the clients' instructions. Since the departure of Naghmi last year, the board claims it hasn't been able to find any document approving the revision of costs. :haha: Butt has now sought the services of an independent team of professionals to put a proper cost on the project, the results of which will become clear in two weeks. The audit of all similar infrastructure projects is currently being conducted by the auditor general of Pakistan. The charges are the latest in a series of allegations of financial mismanagement the present administration has made against Nasim Ashraf's board, in particular Naghmi, who, it is claimed, tried to leave board property on his last day with important files and documents. :haha::cantstop: © Cricinfo
It's obviously the fault of those Hindu Zionists!!!
Oh.....lets have the CT now please.:eyedance:
After all the whining they did, including former cricketers, on how England toured India but other teams did not want to tour Pakistan. Well it turns out it wasn't just because of security issues, but lack of a proper venue that was promised beforehand. What did the PCB expect? A couple of games of street cricket? What about poor Asif/Akhtar? Where are these poor chaps supposed to privately "top up" without a fully functioning stadium with private bathroom stalls where used needles can be easily disposed off?

As much as I hate that country, I am transfixed by their cricket board Pakistan cricket, the place where: 1. Drug cheats get central contracts 2. Match fixers become head coaches 3. Idiots guilty of terrorism, simply by association, become director generals 4. Surgeons with no cricketing brains whatsoever become board chairman It was actually a lot of fun trolling pak cricket forums during the postponed oz tour / champ trophy to see their reactions after every country keep changing their story every second day

PCB to be sued by their own legal advisor? The PCB could be facing yet another lawsuit after their own legal advisor Tafazzul Rizvi threatened to haul them to court. Rizvi was miffed with a letter from the PCB human resources director, Wasim Bari, asking him to explain his statements regarding the PCB’s delay in submitting documents and DVDs in the Shoaib Akhtar case. "The language used in the letter is not acceptable and if the PCB do not apologise I will take them to the court," Rizvi told cricketnirvana.com. “I have served (the PCB) to the best (of my) ability, at times I had to leave other cases to accommodate the PCB and all of them were handled very well as the verdicts prove. I am disappointed by the approach taken by the new PCB set-up.†Rizvi was asked for an explanation for breaching the PCB’s new gag order which prevents its officials and players from speaking to the media without its permission. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :yay::yay::yay:

Lahore stadium work a 'disaster' http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/other_international/pakistan/7821273.stm Renovation work on Lahore's Gaddafi Stadium has been stopped with immediate effect by the Pakistan Cricket Board. The PCB said the project was a "monumental disaster". The present administration, led by chairman Ijaz Butt, has released a statement placing the blame squarely on the men they replaced last August. The work began in February 2008 and was due to be completed in late August, in time for the Champions Trophy, which was eventually postponed by 12 months. A budget was set at Rs142m (£1.19m), the statement claimed, but had overrun to such an extent that the final projected cost was Rs471m (£3.94m). The project involved building a new VIP enclosure at the stadium. "The design is faulty - huge columns have been constructed which have blocked spectators' view," said the statement. "Hospitality boxes have been ill-conceived and huge dining-room areas have been left at the back of the boxes which have very little utility," claimed the statement. "There has been a huge cost overrun. The whole project is a monumental disaster, utter wastage of PCB funds and is a tribute to the management ego and vision of grandeur." --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It just doesnt stop with the PCB :yay::yay:

Yousuf slams PCB for not standing up to BCCI Mohammad Yousuf, the Pakistan batsman who recently signed up to the rebel Indian Cricket League (ICL), has slammed the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) for their subservience to the Indian board, particularly in their ongoing policy of life bans on ICL players. Some hope had emerged for Pakistan players involved with the ICL to have their bans lifted after PCB director general Javed Miandad openly questioned the rationale of the ban. He called on all cricket boards to resolve the issue and restore normalcy, especially in Pakistan, which has lost several cricketers to the ICL. "I just say the Pakistan board should take its own independent decision. It should not toe the line of the Indians," Yousuf said in an interview on a popular show on Geo Super, a local sports channel. "What have they given us? They even refused to tour the country recently." "There is no such ruling from the ICC on ICL players. Tell me are we committing some crime going to play in the league? I say there is nothing to stop the board from lifting the ban on us if it wants to. Javed Miandad is now director general and he should keep his word." Yousuf, for the second time in as many months, also launched a stinging attack on the current Pakistan captain Shoaib Malik and the selectors for not treating him with enough respect. Yousuf was never considered for the captaincy at any stage and was omitted from Pakistan's Twenty20 plans. He again called into question Malik's qualifications for the captaincy. "Tell me on what grounds did they decide I was not fit for Twenty20 cricket? What was the criteria for deciding this?" Yousuf said. "Tell me how did Shoaib Malik deserve to be the captain? How can you make a player a captain who is not certain of a place in the national Test or one-day team." Ironically, Yousuf is currently ranked No.2 in the ICC Test rankings despite being ineligible to play international cricket and despite Pakistan not playing a single Test last year. These idiots sure know how to provide some comic relief

Whinging Yousuf Quotes Have a read of these little beauties: "Tell me how did Shoaib Malik deserve to be the captain. How can you make a player a captain who is not certain of a place in the national Test or one-day team," Yousuf said. "I know I can't play for Pakistan," Yousuf told a news conference in New Delhi on Wednesday, before the ban was announced. "I want to play, but the decision is up to them (PCB). Whatever, my performance shows I can play all forms of cricket." "Whoever is selected, it should be done soon. Ideally, a good step would be to appoint an experienced player and allow him to groom a youngster for the role," said Yousuf, one of the Wisden's Cricketers of the Year in 2006. "In the past, in... My Favorite: So, this is the reason why porkistan lost the t20 - yousuf was cursing his brains out "You go and ask great players like Wasim Akram and Inzamam-ul-Haq if I don't deserve to play Twenty20 cricket. If they say I should be dropped then I will quit all cricket," Yousuf told the Daily Jang on Friday. "I just don't understand what... "I don't think Twenty20 cricket is all about sloggers who hit out wildly. Even in this cricket you need a batsman who can play proper cricket," Yousuf told Reuters. "I was surprised to hear that he (Malik) claims that he has never been disrespectful towards me or any senior players. That'sa news to me. I believe that a captain should take senior players along but he (Malik) never did that," said Yousuf, who... "There is no point in playing for a team when your captain is not supportive and doesn't want you. A captain has to lead by example with his performance like Mahendra Singh Dhoni. He should have man-management skills while dealing with seniors, but... Another favorite "I am Pakistan's leading batsman for quite sometime and they don't have anybody to replace me. It's Pakistan, which will suffer without me. People who have done this with me do not care about national interest. They care about their own selfish... Yousuf: Part time cricketer, full time Taliban fighter? Yousuf, believed to be in Pakistan's North West Frontier Province on a religious pilgrimage, said in a video message: "It's an honour for me and thank you ICC." What a total whinging dip s*** this is hilarious to read