Pakistan cricket

Date: 23 December, 2008(Tuesday) http://www.cricdb.com/archive/international/news/detail.php?nid=1198 Bipin Dani Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) likely to get another jolt soon. Subsequently after the refusal by the BCCI to send a team to Pakistan next month, Mahela Jaywardane team may also not be permitted to replace India in Pakistan, according to the Sri Lankan sports minister Gamini Lokuge. Speaking over his mobile from Colombo, minutes after sacking interim committee chairman Arjuna Ranatunga, Lokuge said, "It is news to me that he[Ranatungta] had committed to the PCB for this tour. He even did not consult the interim committee members". "I would like India to come to Sri Lanka rather than our team participating in Pakistan. I am yet to decide whether to hold elections for the Sri Lanka board or run one more interim committee," Lokuge added. Earlier today, Lokuge dissolved Sri Lanka Cricket – which was headed by Arjuna Ranatunga. "Minister of Sports and Public Recreation Gamini Lokuge has dissolved the Sri Lanka Cricket Interim Committee with immediate effect," a media statement said. Sports ministry secretary S. Liyanagama has been appointed to oversee the day-to-day affairs of the cricket administration until a new management committee is installed. The next man to head Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) would certainly be pro-BCCI and not like Arjuna Ranatunga who was at loggerheads with the Indian cricket board on several issues. Bipin Dani is a news corespondent in India © Cricdb comment: If it is true then :haha: :haha: :haha:

Not sure if this article can be trusted with a statement like "The next man to head Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) would certainly be pro-BCCI and not like Arjuna Ranatunga who was at loggerheads with the Indian cricket board on several issues"... Though if it is true it would be awesome...

Surely, this cannot be true. This isn’t galli cricket or anything. This is international cricket for God’s sake. Pakistan would have already made so many preparations once SL told them they would come. You cant suddenly make a U-turn and say I am not coming. IF this is true, it has to be one of the BIGGEST egg-on-faces, EVER!

Surely, this cannot be true. This isn’t galli cricket or anything. This is international cricket for God’s sake. Pakistan would have already made so many preparations once SL told them they would come. You cant suddenly make a U-turn and say I am not coming. IF this is true, it has to be one of the BIGGEST egg-on-faces, EVER!
I don't know why people are poking fun at PCB, instead they SLC should be ridiculed for not sticking to their commitments SECOND time of the year. Total unprofessional board, whose board President have to take consent from the sports minister before making any decisions. Sheer stupidity!