Pakistan cricket

Best of Luck, LANKA OK, with the first ODI vs Pakistan being played at Karachi in less than a week away, I want to extend my well wishes to Sri Lanka, who, I hope totally embarrass Pakistan in the test and one dayer's Practically, Pakistan had next to no competitive cricket all year and whatever reprieve they've had came from playing meaningless matches / tournaments against tired and fed up opposition who just wanted to get it over and done with [Do you really think we wanted to play the Asia Cup -> hell NO!!!!] So with the first real test coming after they somehow lost the t20 and the test series against S.A. at home, i can't wait to see another capitulation One bad win lads, is all it takes for the vultures to return and every part time cricket follower to demand to the sacking of all the coaches / staff / admin etc. Do you all remember how that buffon Ashraf sent that email after they were humiliated by 150 odd runs in the Kitply cup? I can't wait for Mohammed "YO - YO" Yousuf to give some idiotic rant after Malik loses a match I just thought I'd include that buffons email for old times sake: “Last night’s performance against India in which we lost by over 100 runs was embarrassing. It is not a question of losing a match but our overall performance and the lack of resolve and commitment bothered me the most,” wrote the chairman. “I am writing this to you in your capacity as chairman of the touring selection committee with copies to Geoff Lawson and Malik. Please discuss these points today and give us your considered response within the next 24 hours so that timely action can be taken before the next match against India on the 14th which will be the final.” Giving his observations on Tuesday’s performance, the PCB chairman further added: “1. Selection of the playing eleven for this match against India: The previous game against Bangladesh had clearly highlighted the characteristics of the track in Dhaka, that the spinners were going to play crucial role. The team selected for India game had four fast bowlers. Also, you clearly told me that Malik was 100 per cent fit and therefore was the second spinner in the side. What happened to that? Why did Malik not bowl? 2. After the Indian opening pair started to hit us all over the park in the first 3 to 4 overs, it was fairly obvious that something needed to be done to break their momentum. We dropped some catches in the beginning as well but, watching from here, one felt that we were paralysed in the field. Nobody suggested to the captain that he must have a mini conference with the vice-captain and other players — junior or senior — and take corrective action. Even the commentators were talking as to the possibility of changing the bowling and bringing in Shahid Afridi at an early stage.” 3. Even if that was not the strategy, at least the fast bowlers should have been advised not to over extend themselves (more than 22 wides and a total of 38 extras) on a track like this. Rather, they should have been instructed to bowl strictly to a line and length and to contain especially when the batsmen were in such full cry. It seemed as if we were just continuing with tactics that were clearly not working! We need to be more proactive on the field!” 4. Wicketkeeping was pathetic, especially after Kamran Akmal dropped the catch and pretended that he had held on to it. This is unsporting behaviour but perhaps one has to give him the benefit of the doubt as he may not have realised that the ball had slipped out from his hand, which was picked up by the cameras. I do not want such behaviour from any Pakistani player. Please warn everyone! We ought to be looking at playing another ‘keeper. 5. Except for a few on the field, the body language was not competitive. We were smiling and joking as if we were some junior team which was happy just to be given the privilege of playing a top team. This has to stop. 6. As I said earlier, the fast bowlers were just trying too hard on a dead track, resulting in wayward line and length. If you look at Sehwag run map, he almost had 50 runs on the leg side which is something that he has never done in the past. 7. The positives were that Afridi bowled very well and Malik got his 50 but then Afridi threw his wicket away in a most irresponsible manner. 8. At least our strategy after losing early wickets should have been to bat out the 50 overs. No one applied themselves to build partnerships,” the chairman argued. “I can go on with a lot of other match details and analysis but this should be enough.” Giving his suggestions for the expected final on Saturday, the chairman wrote: a) The touring selection committee needs to have a meeting and decide regarding the playing 11 i.e how many spinners and who? b) Malik must undergo a complete fitness test with regards to his bowling tomorrow so as to determine clearly whether he can bowl full 10 overs. c) If the touring committee decides that they want to ask for another spinners from Pakistan, you can decide and let us know immediately so we can arrange for the player to join the team. It could either be a left-arm spinner or another right-arm spinner. d) The bowlers should work extra hard for the next two days and correct their no balls and wides. This is simply unacceptable and the coach must address this. “I intend to reach Dhaka on Saturday, Inshallah, at noon time and would like to have a meeting first with you, the captain, the coach and the vice-captain immediately, and then later in the evening a meeting with the full team. Please get back to us by calling me with your decision regarding the spinner, etc. I have full confidence that we can beat India on the 14th if we get our act together, Inshallah. May God be with you all,” concluded Dr Nasim Ashraf. And, oh Pakistan, please please please dont disappoint us and do everything in your power to lose every match I would love to hear what you're thoughts are; I am definitely rooting for a Lankan win primarily I believe Pakistan are more enjoyable to watch with their petulant infighting when they lose a match as opposed to their onfield performances Lanka -> :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: 10631-001-03-1078b.gif Pakistan -> :pray: (for a loss)

Umm.. you created the thread ?
as, in help them there seems to be some misguided ideology that BCCI are the moral guardians of world cricket and it is our cricket boards duty to help out each and everyone else, irrespective of whether there's anything in for us or not Helping cricket boards is the ICC's business, but we all know the ICC are muppets of the BCCI -> so, going by that logic, every body expects us to lend a hand No body helped us; nothing was handed to us on a silver platter; we had to work tooth and nail to get where we are, yet suddenly everyone wants a fair chunk of what we rightfully earned Have a read of the following article, written by Kamran Abbasi for the DAWN newspaper, after india cancelled the pak tour: The unbearable lightness of Indian cricket By Kamran Abbasi THE spirit of cricket has died many times, and it has now died a further death. India’s cancellation of its tour of Pakistan is a purely political decision. Safety and security is an irrelevance, which makes neutral venues an irrelevance too. India, the self-appointed guardian of cricket’s conscience, has thus failed its most important test of conscience. (Since when???? Self appointed moral yak yak yak) The Mumbai attacks have rightly generated much international sympathy for India’s grief, including from Pakistan. Yet in our modern world, countries near and far are targets and victims of atrocious violence. Blaming particular nations is a fool’s game and a mindless media hobby.India’s decision also smacks of double standards. While England were urged to return to India to show solidarity with India’s cricket and its people, Pakistan is hastily discarded: a victim twice over, first of violence and secondly of an international boycott. (inferiority complex at best; jealous much???; no mention of how we stood by your side when everyone one else was avoiding pakistan like the plague during the champions trophy when 5 / 8 teams didn't want to tour) This boycott of Pakistan cricket is unofficial yet widespread. It serves the purposes of the rich countries, which prefer to follow the money in international cricket. Meanwhile, it severely damages the fabric of international cricket itself, which is unsustainable in the long term if only a few countries end up playing each other repeatedly. Pakistan’s position is weak, and some of it self-inflicted. The administrative failures of the last two decades have left Pakistan with a team that is no longer box office, and international venues that still produce dull cricket. The possibility of neutral venues, however, offers Pakistan cricket a lifeline. This option might not appeal to Pakistan cricket fans or administrators but the current crisis requires pragmatism not idealism. Most importantly, the international team must start playing regularly, otherwise Pakistan will quickly slip further down the rankings. If the only way of securing regular cricket is playing at neutral venues, agreeing to overseas tours, or finding alternative opponents then the Pakistan Cricket Board must seize those opportunities. Importantly, Pakistan cricket must quickly emerge from India’s shadow. The first step into the light is financial independence, and if this requires playing away from Pakistan then so be it. The second is to build a team that is exciting and desirable on the international stage again. The PCB must not take India’s decision lying down either. The matter should be taken up at the ICC and the hypocrisy of the international cricket community exposed — a community that dances too quickly to India’s financial tune, at the expense of less fortunate cricket nations and cricketers. (We are reeling from a terrorist attack; why should we care about pak cricket at this point?) India fought a 30-year campaign to win control of international cricket, and it has more than achieved that aim. Yet leadership comes with responsibilities, and there is currently little to suggest that India intends to rule with wisdom and foresight. While there is mounting evidence that its motivating force is self-interest. (So, we go around scooping everybody's dirty business, eh?) But fundamentally everything boils down to the quality of the Pakistan cricket team. When claims to the crown of international cricket ring hollow without beating Pakistan that is the moment that a tour of Pakistan will again be essential on the international circuit. http://www.dawn.com/2008/12/19/top8.htm
even the educated one's are ready to become jihadi as soon as they talk about kashmir ... dont u all know "kashmir bangega pakistan " PS: Bangladesh bhi tha kabhi pakistan :isalute:
Bangladeshis are of different ethnic stock and not all get beards to begin with.
sree_india, try to diversify yourself from the continuous anti-Pakistan rhetoric you have been engaging in since joining the forum. No one here minds the occasional laugh at Pakistan, but your posts are solely targetted towards Pakistan. Perhaps you are better off at PP?
Though you may tire of anti-Pakistan bashing its not all that bad. India vs Pakistan is a many pronged attack, on many levels at different intervals and most importantly through different media. Let the bru hate, if hes able to get it outta his system then good, PP is no place for making sense, stupidity is the order of the day. Im still pissed we didnt a piece of Sindh.
Guest dada_rocks
Everyone knows who's playing the cards behind the scenes.
yea yeah but i thought ummah brotherhood and pakistan's relevance may counter those :haha: