Symonds fined for radio rant against McCullum

triam

ANDREW Symonds will be quizzed by Cricket Australia today over a bizarre radio rant where he labelled big-hitting New Zealander Brendon McCullum a "lump of s---". Symonds' six minutes of madness happened live on air with Roy and HG on Triple M last night. The hosts were heard giggling as Symonds babbled on about McCullum and, at one stage, Matthew Hayden's wife. Symonds only a day earlier took a swipe at New South Wales for signing McCullum at the expense of a local player for tonight's Twenty20 final against Victoria. The fact he seemed confused is sure to raise eyebrows because he is expected to make his comeback from knee surgery in grade cricket on the Gold Coast today. Symonds told the hosts: "They're trying to use him (McCullum) as the out because he's a Kiwi. "Yep, we love to hate them, but he's the lump of s---, sorry, lump of cow dirt, that people are thinking of. "Now to get away from that, the actual topic is about playing cricket and getting into a final. "To get yourself to that position and if you haven't brought anybody in, personally, I wouldn't be changing a winning team. "It doesn't matter about McCullum, mate, he could have been Irish, he still would have got it. "It's not his fault, he's doing his job and trying to earn a wage. "But what happened here is an injustice. "I said Daniel Smith, his opposite number was going to miss out. "But they said this morning that Daniel Smith is going to play, but at end of day somebody is still going to miss out. "As a follow-up to this interview, you should interview the person who misses out." Asked later about Hayden's cooking, Symonds said he takes a "side glance at Hayden's wife" as "it helps the meal go down amply well". A copy of the interview was forwarded to Cricket Australia last night. CA spokesman Peter Young said he sent a copy of recording to acting chief executive Michael Brown, who will listen to the segment today. Cricket NSW chief executive Dave Gilbert was unable to be contacted last last night. Symonds has had a tumultuous 12 months, featuring the "Gone Fishing" affair in Darwin in August when he was sent home for missing a team meeting. The latest stunt is sure to cause him more grief as he tries to make his way back into the Test team in time for the South African tour next month. Australian skipper Ricky Ponting said last night that Symonds would walk into any one-day international side if fully fit.
lol ths guy

Fisherman strikes again!

ANDREW Symonds will be quizzed by Cricket Australia today over a bizarre radio rant in which he labelled big-hitting Kiwi Brendon McCullum a "lump of s... ". Symonds' six minutes of madness happened live on air with Roy and HG on Triple M last night. The hosts were heard giggling as Symonds babbled on about McCullum and, at one stage, Matthew Hayden's wife. Symonds only a day earlier took a swipe at NSW for signing McCullum at the expense of a local player for tonight's Twenty20 final against Victoria. It came as Australia lost the third one-day international to South Africa at the SCG, falling behind 2-1 in the five-match series. Symonds told the hosts: "They're trying to use him (McCullum) as the out because he's a Kiwi. "Yep, we love to hate them, but he's the lump of s..., sorry, lump of cow dirt, that people are thinking of. Now to get away from that, the actual topic is about playing cricket and getting into a final. "To get yourself to that position and if you haven't brought anybody in, personally I wouldn't be changing a winning team. It doesn't matter about McCullum, mate, he could have been Irish, he still would have got it. It's not his fault, he's doing his job and trying to earn a wage. "But what happened here is an injustice. I said Daniel Smith, his opposite number was going to miss out. But they said this morning that Daniel Smith is going to play, but at the end of day somebody is still going to miss out.'' Asked later about Hayden's cooking, Symonds replied that he takes a "side glance at Hayden's wife'' as "it helps the meal go down amply well''. Cricket Australia was forwarded the interview by The Daily Telegraph last night. CA spokesman Peter Young said he had forwarded the recording to acting chief executive Michael Brown who will listen to the segment first thing this morning http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24956196-5001023,00.html
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Symonds says McCullum is a lump of what?

So sometimes it’s a bit hard to make sense of Andrew Symonds, but his radio interview with Australian comedians Roy and HG on Triple M on Friday was particularly hard to work out. He was talking about New South Wales’ decision to hire Brendon McCullum for their Twenty20 final and Cricket Australia will decipher the recording to determine whether Symonds should be punished. “They're trying to use him [McCullum] as the out because he's a Kiwi,” Symonds said. "Yep, we love to hate them, but he's the lump of s..., sorry, lump of cow dirt, that people are thinking of. Now to get away from that, the actual topic is about playing cricket and getting into a final. "To get yourself to that position and if you haven't brought anybody in, personally I wouldn't be changing a winning team. It doesn't matter about McCullum, mate, he could have been Irish, he still would have got it.” Are you keeping up? “It's not his fault, he's doing his job and trying to earn a wage. But what happened here is an injustice. I said Daniel Smith, his opposite number, was going to miss out. But they said this morning that Daniel Smith is going to play, but at the end of day somebody is still going to miss out.'' Something is definitely missing.
:ohmy:

Cricket: Symonds an 'enormous distraction' - Chappell ADELAIDE - A recalled Andrew Symonds would be an "enormous distraction" to an Australian team with enough cricket-based problems already, according to former test captain Ian Chappell.On the day Symonds was charged under Cricket... More... Cricket: Symonds an 'enormous distraction' - Chappell 7:58AM Wednesday Jan 28, 2009 symonds2303.jpgFormer Australian captain Ian Chappell says Andrew Symonds has not yet realised he has a drinking problem. Photo ADELAIDE - A recalled Andrew Symonds would be an "enormous distraction" to an Australian team with enough cricket-based problems already, according to former test captain Ian Chappell. On the day Symonds was charged under Cricket Australia's code of conduct for making a detrimental public comment - his "lump of s***" jibe at Kiwi `keeper Brendon McCullum - Chappell said he did not think the Queenslander had yet come to terms with a drinking problem. He also felt that Symonds' behaviour effectively reduced his value to any team, including Australia and even his IPL franchise, because of the distraction and irritation it created for teammates. "It's fine for Ricky Ponting to be saying he'll take Andrew Symonds back, but in the shape he's in at the moment he's going to be a hell of a distraction to the team," Chappell said. "They've got enough distractions with players struggling for form, without outside distractions. "You've got to face up to the fact you've got a problem before you can fix it. "I don't know what's been going on with the counselling, but it appears to me, I certainly haven't heard anything public from Andrew saying, `look I have a bit of a problem here'. "He keeps putting himself in the position like he did in the pub in Brisbane, and then in that position the other day when he's interviewed when he's had a few drinks, it sounds to me that he hasn't made that admission even to himself that he's got a problem." Chappell offered Ponting as an example of a sportsman who had successfully dealt with a drinking problem, and done so by starting with a public admission of his frailty. "There were a lot of people who said they thought Ricky Ponting was silly to make his announcement public a few years ago when he said `I've got a drinking problem'," Chappell said. "But I thought one, it was a pretty courageous thing to do, and two, I thought it was quite a smart thing to do, because he put the onus on himself. "If he didn't fix the problem there were going to be a few million people who knew that he hadn't fixed the problem." Looking over Symonds' list of misadventures since he first ran into trouble by missing a team meeting to go fishing in Darwin during the off-season, Chappell viewed them as "cries for help". "You almost get the feeling that these are cries for help, there's been so many of them lately, as an ex-sportsman you think, well is he almost trying to get himself into trouble so someone else does the job for him and it puts him out of the game for a while," he said.

Andrew Symonds to escape suspension for radio rant BAD boy Andrew Symonds is set to escape suspension for his abusive radio rant because he is amazingly considered a cleanskin under cricket's Code of Conduct. More... Andrew Symonds to escape suspension for radio rant By Ben Dorries January 28, 2009 12:00am BAD boy Andrew Symonds is set to escape suspension for his abusive radio rant because he is amazingly considered a cleanskin under cricket's Code of Conduct. Incredibly, despite his long history of disciplinary troubles, Symonds will be treated as a first-time offender when he faces a closed hearing in Melbourne tomorrow. Symonds, reported for calling New Zealand batsman Brendon McCullum a "lump of ****" in an alcohol-fuelled radio interview, has never before been charged under Cricket Australia's Code of Conduct. That means the troubled cricketer can expect merely a fine (maximum $5750) rather than a possible suspension for the most serious offenders under the Code of Conduct provisions. The fact that Symonds will not face the potential of a major sanction is an extraordinary situation given that the all-rounder has been a serial problem child over the years. His most serious breaches include turning up drunk for a one-dayer during the 2005 Ashes and being sent home from Darwin last year in the aftermath of the infamous "gone fishing" affair. However, on both occasions Symonds was dealt with by the team leadership group rather than by a formal process under the Code of Conduct. Code of Conduct commissioner Gordon Lewis will therefore be unable to take into account Symonds' chequered disciplinary history when he assesses possible penalties at tomorrow's hearing. CA lawyer Dean Kino gave legal advice last night that Symonds could only be dealt with as a first-time offender. "Andrew Symonds has never been reported for a breach of the Code of Behaviour . . . this will be treated as a stand-alone incident," CA spokesman Peter Young said. However, there is still a major push within CA for Symonds to be barred from next month's South African Test tour - with senior figures having grave concerns about his state of mind. It remains unlikely that Symonds will have his contract torn up and he will most likely be ordered to undergo a further rehabilitation course before he is considered for Australia again.

Guest dada_rocks

So Ponting went "I-told-you-so" route when Bhajji Shree episode happened.. But his buddy Symnods keeps embarassing himself in public again and again and every time dubya comes in support.. What does itmean..

So Ponting went "I-told-you-so" route when Bhajji Shree episode happened.. But his buddy Symnods keeps embarassing himself in public again and again and every time dubya comes in support.. What does itmean..
Now don't blame Ponting. He never kept his idiocy a secret. He is retarded and he is proud of that. And if you are questioning his idiocy, you should not be standing here.