Who let Dileep Vengsarkar IN

Neo Sports have roped in Vengcircus to speak in the chat show Extra cover before/during and after the match during the ongoing series. This man can hardly speak a single sentence in English. I feel pity for Vengcircus when he starts speaking, fumbles, stumbles, stammers and completely lose track of what he wanted to say when he started the sentence and ends up saying something else. A humble request to Neo Sports - please relieve this guy of this nightmare and let him go write his columns in his mathrubhasha marathi... When you listen to him, even guys like Mushtaq and Inzi sound pleasing to the ears...

Neo Sports have roped in Vengcircus to speak in the chat show Extra cover before/during and after the match during the ongoing series. This man can hardly speak a single sentence in English. I feel pity for Vengcircus when he starts speaking' date= fumbles, stumbles, stammers and completely lose track of what he wanted to say when he started the sentence and ends up saying something else. A humble request to Neo Sports - please relieve this guy of this nightmare and let him go write his columns in his mathrubhasha marathi... When you listen to him, even guys like Mushtaq and Inzi sound pleasing to the ears...
Sorry to inform you Dinakar, but this man has ample knowledge about english language. It is just that he stammers while speaking and that happens in whichever language he speaks. I don't think making fun of someone's inborn deficiency can enhance your reputation! He is a good batsman of India and has done many other works at grassroot level like leading the TRPO of India. I'll request you to edit your OP on your own. I'm editing the title here.

Vengsarkar is atrocious Ok, i am not sure he has a stammering problem. i have watched him speak quite clearly in English when he was the chief selector many times.i remember him addressing reporters a few times when he was playing and captaining the team around 1987-88.he was certainly not lost for words. But u have got to admit- he sucks as an expert commentator. it is not just that he stammers, i have seen many people who have stammering problem, continue to talk and express themselves.Vengsarkar's problem seems to be getting the next word correctly. It is a big pain to listen to him.Mohinder was extremely good during the england series.i am surprised Vengsarkar was chosen this time.it is very very painful.I simply muted whenever he started off. The sooner he is out, it is better for the viewers.

Ok, i am not sure he has a stammering problem. i have watched him speak quite clearly in English when he was the chief selector many times.i remember him addressing reporters a few times when he was playing and captaining the team around 1987-88.he was certainly not lost for words. But u have got to admit- he sucks as an expert commentator. it is not just that he stammers, i have seen many people who have stammering problem, continue to talk and express themselves.Vengsarkar's problem seems to be getting the next word correctly. It is a big pain to listen to him.Mohinder was extremely good during the england series.i am surprised Vengsarkar was chosen this time.it is very very painful.I simply muted whenever he started off. The sooner he is out, it is better for the viewers.
talking of expert analysts,i am really becoming a fan of srinath,he is really unbiased,has a lot of insights,clear in his views
Vengsarkar was a right ass totally messed around with Ganguly
actually he was one whp picked ganguly in SA n revived his career.he rightly left him out of ODI S HE WASNT NEEDED. other than that he was only left out from irani trophy,n no one cares about that

Chandan, agreed about the ample knowledge and English part but when someone stammers a lot, then its kinda hard to enjoy the show - plus its not normal stammering, its very broken too. I am not trying to pick on him, I had stammering issues in school as well and its hard to express yourself correctly when you have this problem

Chandan, agreed about the ample knowledge and English part but when someone stammers a lot, then its kinda hard to enjoy the show - plus its not normal stammering, its very broken too. I am not trying to pick on him, I had stammering issues in school as well and its hard to express yourself correctly when you have this problem
Rajeev, I'm not supporting him to be in the show. In fact I wish he could speak clearly but if he can't, he has no place to be in a commentator's room, even if it is that of an expert commentator. I was opposing the abuse this thread title was hurling at him. You don't call a fine batsman of India who has worked for Indian cricket even after retirement, a dog!! That is quite uncalled for!
Agree with Chandan's earlier post. BTW, it's Dilip not Dileep Vengsarkar. The man was one of the finest batsmen India produced, and a fine support act to guys like Vishy and Gavaskar. Surely he deserves some respect.
Support act? I think he was a better batsman than Viswanath, who had the propensity to throw it away. Not as pleasing on the eye, by far, but better, yes.

First of all... let me apologise if I had hurt any Vengsarkar fans. I just used the title Who let the D... as in the famous song cos Vengsarkar's first name starts with D. Even my name starts with D and you guys can one day use the same agaist me as well :) So to clear the cloud. it was not my intention to call Vengasrkar a Dog... Secondly.. I was merely sympathising with Vengsarkar and not making fun of him (may be the title sounds that way... but definiely not the message underneath). When I heard him struggle for words and sentences and many a times just stopping without even finishing the sentence, I was like, why is he exposing himself to such a big audience. And dint NEO sports have enough brains to just let go of him... instead of making a mockery of his lack of fluency and command over the language. All of us have our own faults and defects. But our success lies in identifying our strengths and weaknesses and pursue what suits us best. Clearly commentarybox and cricket chats shows are not the area for Vengsarkar. I dont have any dispute over how good a batsman he was or what kind of service he has done for Indian cricket. I was just telling him - dude, you make a bad speaker and why dont you just stick to writing columns. More like a honest feedback that we give to our employees during performance appraisals. Well.. well.. who am I to appraise Vengsarkar. Agreed!!! But this same forum has mocked and made fun of a lot of good cricketers like Gavaskar, Inzy, Mushtaq etc. No thread related to commentry goes by without taking a dig at Arun Lal. When the forum comments about a commentator, it does based on his performance behind the mike and in front of the camera. Not based on what he has achieved on the pitch during his playing days. For a commentator or an expert analyst to be a hit among the audience, he needs to have the following: 1. A decent command over the language (be it Eng or Hindi depending on which language the show is hosted - would anyone of you put up with Kris Srikanth speaking hindi on a Hindi cricket chat show?) 2. Good knowledge of the game and content to talk 3. A sense of humour 4. Clear thoughts that are expressed neatly without confusing the listener 5. Unbiased opinions. Clearly Vengsarkar doesnt have the first 4 of them. Althought I'm tempted to say the he deserves to be dropped from the NEO sports panel based on his skill levels, just like he has dropped Ganguly from ODI citing his fielding incapabilties, I wont do it. Because when i started this thread, I dint have a semblance of thought that he dropped Ganguly. I just started it after the pain of listening to his zero content rants on tv and was thinking that lot of others also feel the same... nothing to do with Ganguly dropping. After all I have seen Kolkatta and West Bengal only in the maps.

Support act? I think he was a better batsman than Viswanath' date=' who had the propensity to throw it away. Not as pleasing on the eye, by far, but better, yes.[/quote'] Point conceded. I had the chance to see him live once in a veterans exhibition match at the CCI - India v. West Indies (think around '94?). He scored a hundred that day, and even though he'd been inactive for several years you could tell he was a really classy strokeplayer with amazing timing and grace - just wish I'd been able to watch the man live back in his glory days. BTW, that same evening our family had gone to the Oberoi for dinner - Vengsarkar was sitting at the table next to us. Got to talk with him for a few minutes/get some photos/an autograph, and he was a class act.