Balaji returns to Team India to replace Munaf

Rajiv

yeah ..tell me how??? by age?? then i say kohli is better bet than sachin...
sachin is a far greater batsman.hes not there by default.but u r not getting my point. there isnt a lot of difference in bowling of balaji n sangwan or anbody for that matter.so i said its better to pick a youngster n he can also contribute with the bat.
where did i say Sangwan is special?he isnt' date='nor is the current balaji.but atleast Sangwan has age on his side n can also handle the bat.i'm not rooting for sangwan,i'm just saying hes better bet than balaji[/quote'] sangwan has not exactly set the pitches on fire.at least Balaji contributed handsomely for his team in Ranji and duleep.Sangwan as of now, is very raw and erratic. he has a long way to go.Sreesanth is next in line for an indian team spot. he did well in the last duleep match. still has that swing. if only he can listen 100% to what Dhoni says and stops any unnecessary experiments while bowling crucial overs, he will be supported by Dhoni. he lacks temperament, MSD hates bowlers who dont have a plan, Sree's problem is he has way too many plans and fails to execute them.discipline has made Zak the kind of bowler he has become.the sooner these guys pick up, it is better for them.
sangwan has not exactly set the pitches on fire.at least Balaji contributed handsomely for his team in Ranji and duleep.Sangwan as of now' date=' is very raw and erratic. he has a long way to go[/size'].Sreesanth is next in line for an indian team spot. he did well in the last duleep match. still has that swing. if only he can listen 100% to what Dhoni says and stops any unnecessary experiments while bowling crucial overs, he will be supported by Dhoni. he lacks temperament, MSD hates bowlers who dont have a plan, Sree's problem is he has way too many plans and fails to execute them.discipline has made Zak the kind of bowler he has become.the sooner these guys pick up, it is better for them.
we saw wat happened wen we picked a raw n erratic Ishant sharma,havent we?fast bowlers are at their best wen raw.
we saw wat happened wen we picked a raw n erratic Ishant sharma' date='havent we?fast bowlers are at their best wen raw.[/quote'] Ishant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sangwan. why dont we pack the team with raw seamers just because one Ishant did well? flawed logic. Ishant was raw but not erratic. sangwan bowls way too many balls down the leg side and thinks he is a west indian quick, bowls too many short stuff. he will be murdered in international cricket. by the way, how can u say Balaji has little to contribute to this team? and what is sangwan's batting credentials?
Ishant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sangwan. why dont we pack the team with raw seamers just because one Ishant did well? flawed logic. Ishant was raw but not erratic. sangwan bowls way too many balls down the leg side and thinks he is a west indian quick, bowls too many short stuff. he will be murdered in international cricket. by the way, how can u say Balaji has little to contribute to this team? and what is sangwan's batting credentials?
i was taking of general rule.obviously ishant is way better than sangwan but was he that good before being selected?NO.he became good be learning the tricks of the trade by playing alonside Zaheer n under prasad.why not give sangwan that opportunity? about Balaji,of what i saw in the IPL,he has lost the sting completely.he just jogs in n bowls cutters.that stuff aint gonna work in intl.cricket. SANGWAN averages 20 in list A cricket,not great but bertainly good enuf to be no 9 or 10
i was taking of general rule.obviously ishant is way better than sangwan but was he that good before being selected?NO.he became good be learning the tricks of the trade by playing alonside Zaheer n under prasad.why not give sangwan that opportunity? when Ishant came on the scene, it was in Bangla desh. then he impressed in bangalore against pak.he made his name in Perth against the aussies.but point is he deserved a break because of his perfromances in domestic matches, what is Mr.Sangwan's earth shattering performance this season? how does he deserve a place in the team as a seamer? about Balaji,of what i saw in the IPL,he has lost the sting completely.he just jogs in n bowls cutters.that stuff aint gonna work in intl.cricket. that was about 8 months back. he has picked up many wickets after that. his run up is designed as per Bio mechanics advice.his run up helps him get in to a rythm and he is picking up wickets to show for it. SANGWAN averages 20 in list A cricket,not great but bertainly good enuf to be no 9 or 10
Balaji has actually batted and hung around in international cricket which is better than averaging 20 in domestic.even people who routinely score 100's in domestic end up in single digits in internationals.
TBH he looked a very average bowler in IPL. Haven't seen him bowl much in domestic cricket of late. pace was never his forte! Is he still capable of bowling those lethal inswingers ??
Thank God, we have selectors who make it a point to watch the ranji qf, sf, zonal matches and pick the players and dont go by what they had seen 8 months back. he picked up 5 bengal wickets on the 4th morning in bangalore on a flat pitch with those inswingers and outswingers.
What a horribly parochial comment by Chandan! Wow! Did not expect chandan will say a regionalistic statement like this. Is Ojha from Chennai, is Mishra from Chennai, is Rohit Sharma from chennai? These folks also got opportunities in Cheeka's time.
:giggle:im sure u can do better than this..
The chairman of selectors is from Chennai. Can't you see that much? I hope moderators also make posts which befit their status. casting aspersions on chairman of selection committee for selecting Balaji is cheap. Dravid was given a loooooooooooong run by this committee and more because of Srikkanth's confidence in Dravid based on his quality & ability, not because he is from a neighbouring state. when Ganguly was picked up after the previous committee dropped him from Irani squad, where were you chandan and your convoluted logic? Let us not be hypocrites please.
there are other examples too besides what you cited.
Wow!! Never knew that the entire board here falls for NSR! Anyway, you guys will do better the next time to detect sarcasm from the posts. If you know the person who is is posting, and know what sort of mindset he or she has considering these regionalism thing, you won't fall for it the next time.
Wow!! Never knew that the entire board here falls for NSR! Anyway, you guys will do better the next time to detect sarcasm from the posts. If you know the person who is is posting, and know what sort of mindset he or she has considering these regionalism thing, you won't fall for it the next time.
at least i am not falling for the NSR trick here. Your original post was quite clear, there is nothing sarky in it. u can read it again to realise that NSR explanation would not work for it. may be next time when u attempt real sarcasm, u can add some emoticons!:--D
at least i am not falling for the NSR trick here. Your original post was quite clear, there is nothing sarky in it. u can read it again to realise that NSR explanation would not work for it. may be next time when u attempt real sarcasm, u can add some emoticons!:--D
You fell for it hook line and sinker. I think I expected at least you to realise it since you know me and my thoughts since quite a long time. But seems you have forgotten everything. You can see that the other sensible persons didn't fall for it. In fact I had thought that even finey will realise it. Oh yes, and emoticons! Even Rajeev has complained a number of times that I don't use them. I take this opportunity to clarify that I find the emoticons here too loud and I don't like most of them. So I don't use them.