Congrats Sehwag ! The Only cricketer ever in the world to have..

amits

a 100+ sr in odis with a batting avg of over 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D amazing achievement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! avg of 33.37 with a sr of 100.36 with both ever inreasing. his test match sr is better than what most players have in odis & his odi sr since 2008(120) is better than what most players have in 20/20 :D:D:D and still some guys wanted him to be kicked out of odis. and the icc odi rankings will never rate this guy whereas if a england player had these stats(49 avg & 120 sr) in the last year, he would have been no.1 by a long margin

Agree, well done Sehwag. However amits, I must bring your attention to your earlier complaints about state/origin bias in posts here. I had suggested that you start by writing some public criticism of various Delhi players and some praise of more non-Delhi players, but you still haven't done that. To follow your ode to Sehwag, I suggest you also produce similar congratulatory threads for the other non-Delhi players in the team; Yuvraj, Dhoni, Raina, Ojha and Rohit (for his role in the 1st ODI), just so it doesn't look as if you're being Delhi-biased and only praising people from yr state. After all, you were the person who suggested "its time state/origin-biasness in player support was removed" not too long ago.

Agree, well done Sehwag. However amits, I must bring your attention to your earlier complaints about state/origin bias in posts here. I had suggested that you start by writing some public criticism of various Delhi players and some praise of more non-Delhi players, but you still haven't done that. To follow your ode to Sehwag, I suggest you also produce similar congratulatory threads for the other non-Delhi players in the team; Yuvraj, Dhoni, Raina, Ojha and Rohit (for his role in the 1st ODI), just so it doesn't look as if you're being Delhi-biased and only praising people from yr state. After all, you were the person who suggested "its time state/origin-biasness in player support was removed" not too long ago.
1st name 1 more intl cricketer who has a sr of over 100 with a avg of over 30 in odis and has played more than 20 odis and i will do everything and 100s r scored everyday, so no need to start threads on congratulating players for 100s. i didnt start this thread to congratulate sehwag on his 100, but it is for a overall career achievement for which this thread has been started
1st name 1 more intl cricketer who has a sr of over 100 with a avg of over 30 in odis and has played more than 20 odis and i will do everything and 100s r scored everyday, so no need to start threads on congratulating players for 100s. i didnt start this thread to congratulate sehwag on his 100, but it is for a overall career achievement for which this thread has been started
There are other achievements worthy of praise besides just a 100+ strike rate. Enough with your delhi bias, @m1t$. Stop being such a hypocrite.
So you're saying that a SR of 100 with an ave. of over 30 over a span of atleast 20 ODIs is the only 'acheivement' worthy of starting new threads? And are you also saying that Sehwag is the ONLY player in the ENTIRE Indian team, who is worthy of starting a congratulatory thread for ‘overall career achievement’?
Sehwags average is only 33.77 though Afridi has a better SR but only averages 23.23 lol
how about afridi's 243 wickets with an average of 35.51 and eco. rate of 4.63? should i give you viru's bowling stats? i personally think that viru's test average of 51 with a strike rate 78 is quite impressive
how about afridi's 243 wickets with an average of 35.51 and eco. rate of 4.63? should i give you viru's bowling stats? i personally think that viru's test average of 51 with a strike rate 78 is quite impressive
You can if you want, Veeru is a part time bowler, so anything from him is a bonus

If anything, the case of Sehwag only amply illustrates that you discard proven performers at your own peril. I remember watching this guy bat in 2006. He was absolutely horrendous. He looked he had simply forgotten how to hold a bat even and was subsequently dropped. And its not like he went back to FC cricket and made tons of runs. He was picked out of the blue for the Australia tests, even though he wasn’t in the original probable list and the rest, as they say is history. Sure, he did play in the T20 WC before that, but he was still a shadow of his former self. And this is one of the main reasons why I think its terribly important we don’t give up too early on Irfan Pathan. This guy was ODI cricket's premier all-rounder in 2005 for God’s sake, averaging 30 with the bat and 23-24 with the ball that year. Those are just mind-boggling numbers for ODI player. Imagine an Irfan Pathan delivering those sort of numbers in THIS team? That could make us almost invincible. Another valuable reason why he needs to be in the team is because I think our batting sort of abruptly ends at no.7. I know that things will be a bit better once Bhajji is back, but Yusuf Pathan is a hit-or-miss sort of player. Having Irfan coming in at no.8 can easily make the difference between a 255 sort of total, which we made in the 2nd ODI and a 275 total. Of course, this is all assuming that Irfan, with his bowling skills alone, is good enough to hold the no.3 seamers spot, a spot that is currently being monopolized by either Munaf or Praveen Kumar. But, Irfan is definitely as capable as these guys. We MUST back him.

Guest whineleg
So you're saying that a SR of 100 with an ave. of over 30 over a span of atleast 20 ODIs is the only 'acheivement' worthy of starting new threads? And are you also saying that Sehwag is the ONLY player in the ENTIRE Indian team, who is worthy of starting a congratulatory thread for ‘overall career achievement’?
amits is a Sehwag worshipper. He'z as bad as Anakin, shwetabh, salil, Boss and all the other SRT worshipperz who go for durga puja in front of their posterz of SRT each day.
You shouldn't expect praise for such a sh itty cricketer on any forum' date=' but some people still praise him[/quote'] hahahah...one thing is for sure...he maybe a worthless player, but if you want to piss an indian just mention his name....what has he DONE to you guys?