To Sachin with love: Yuvraj explains the reason behind his animated celebration

Feed

Yuvraj explains the reason behind his animated celebration. More... Century celebration was tribute to Sachin : Yuvraj Wednesday, February 04, 2009 8:39:42 PM Colombo: Star middle-order batsman Yuvraj Singh revealed his post-century celebration in the third ODI was actually a tribute to Sachin Tendulkar who taught him how to negate Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Ajantha Mendis. Soon after completing his century, Yuvraj was seen pointing his bat towards the dressing room where Tendulkar responded by waving at him. "I normally talk to Sachin about my batting, he gave me a few plans to play Mendis," Yuvraj said. "Last time, I got out to Mendis a few times. This time, Sachin told me a few points which really helped me in getting through those overs and give it back to him," Yuvraj said. It turned out to be a memorable outing for Yuvraj who not only slammed a 95-ball 117 but also claimed a wicket to grab the Man of the Match award.

Guest dada_rocks

Finey I am sorry lady but SachiN ramesh tnedulkar is too good I am sure even GOD must be flattered for being compared to Sachin... Guy is not only walking encyclopaedia of batsmanship he even cares about each and every bloke of the team.. :adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::adore::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail: When greg chappel was hired I was wondering what is he going to bring to the table . I mean who needs greggy's advice for batting when you have Sachin tendulkar rahuL dravid and Sunil Gavasakr as advisor..

Now anyone wants to question his "mere presence" in the dressing room? He got out for 7, did not take any wickets and yet made the biggest difference in the game, the series, the career of a batsman, the career of a bowler and the lives of a billion just by whispering some words of wisdom in Yuvraj's ears. That.s the effect his "mere presence" in the dressing room has.

Great work Sachin... Bow to the man...

Well' date=' well, I do hope he goes on to coach India some day[/quote'] I hope not... Don't get me wrong. I do hope he becomes a batting consultant for Team India rather than a full time batting coach. He lives by extremely high standards in terms of commitment for the team. And mere mortals won't be able to live by his standards. We have seen that during his captaincy days. Now he may have grown out of it, but then its difficult to say. But as a batting consultant, I think he will probably be perfect. Just like this issue of helping out UV or helping out dada when he was going through lean patch.. that sort of thing.

Its great that SRT's tips have helped Yuvi. Always good for a senior member to help as such. While this is definitely a great help by SRT, one must remember that this happens in many teams and other seniors help out. For example, ZK helped out Ishant and other seamers quite a bit. Not taking any gloss off the help SRT provided, but this is not an isolated help or something no one has ever seen before - the thing is neither Yuvi nor SRT will think like that, but somehow this clarification needs to be provided here since fans get a lot more carried away than the players themselves. I agree it will be good to have SRT as batting consultant after he retires. AK as spin consultant, and keep Venky as fast bowling coach.

Its great that SRT's tips have helped Yuvi. Always good for a senior member to help as such. While this is definitely a great help by SRT, one must remember that this happens in many teams and other seniors help out. For example, ZK helped out Ishant and other seamers quite a bit. Not taking any gloss off the help SRT provided, but this is not an isolated help or something no one has ever seen before - the thing is neither Yuvi nor SRT will think like that, but somehow this clarification needs to be provided here since fans get a lot more carried away than the players themselves. I agree it will be good to have SRT as batting consultant after he retires. AK as spin consultant, and keep Venky as fast bowling coach.
You are the king/queen (take whats applicable) of sadists. You can find negatives in anything/anyone. You can lessen anyone's achievements. You always see the glass half empty. If someone comes and fills it, you make it empty again because thats how you like it.
You are the king/queen (take whats applicable) of sadists. You can find negatives in anything/anyone. You can lessen anyone's achievements. You always see the glass half empty. If someone comes and fills it' date=' you make it empty again because thats how you like it.[/quote'] pwned like a paki :D
You are the king/queen (take whats applicable) of sadists. You can find negatives in anything/anyone. You can lessen anyone's achievements. You always see the glass half empty. If someone comes and fills it' date=' you make it empty again because thats how you like it.[/quote'] You are stupid. I did not enter this thread and lessen anything. It was you who were jumping up and down and calling out attention with your reference to "mere presence" and mocking that. Now - even then I havent lessened any achievement. I clearly stated "Not taking any gloss off the help SRT provided" ...I guess in your enthusiasm to jump up and down and mock, you did not see that. Neverthless, you want to push aside the fact that there are other examples where seniors have helped out with other folks, be my guest to do so. And, again - this is a great help that SRT provided to Yuvi and pointing out others also help out does not take anything away from it.

In that case fineleg: How about coming up with some examples of what other senior players in other teams have done of this significance? I mean, we're talking about SRT giving Yuvraj serious advice to take him from being Mendis' bi tch in the last series to slapping every Sri Lankan bowler around. A few months ago, there was this. http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayArticleNew.asp?xfile=data/sports/2008/June/sports_June883.xml&section=sports&col= SRT influencing the team in a lot of other ways as a senior and bringing out the best of others. http://www.espnstar.com/cricket/ranji-trophy/news/detail/item189795/%22Sachin-buoyed-entire-team%22/ or Tendulkar's influence in the Ranji This is a quote from Jaffer on the Bombay lift in performance for the final

The boys know that they can't go through the motions when Sachin is around. They are fully aware of the fact that they have to match him if not in terms of ability then in terms of attitude. After the semi-final against Saurashtra, I thought that at times we had been too casual in our approach. In fact for me we were lucky, had they batted another hour we would have been struggling to make it to the finals. After the match, Sachin addressed everyone and categorically made it clear that this was not the way forward for a Mumbai outfit. Tightening oneself was the need of the hour and believe it or not that is exactly what happened in the final.
Or there's another article by Amre here: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/tendulkars-presence-inspires-others-to-deliver-amre/407830/ Now, how about you back your point by again showing us some similar evidence of other senior players - Dravid, Ponting, Hayden, Vettori, Lara, Chanderpaul, Vaughan, etc - having such impacts on other players and teammates?
You are stupid. I did not enter this thread and lessen anything. It was you who were jumping up and down and calling out attention with your reference to "mere presence" and mocking that. Now - even then I havent lessened any achievement. I clearly stated "Not taking any gloss off the help SRT provided" ...I guess in your enthusiasm to jump up and down and mock, you did not see that. Neverthless, you want to push aside the fact that there are other examples where seniors have helped out with other folks, be my guest to do so. And, again - this is a great help that SRT provided to Yuvi and pointing out others also help out does not take anything away from it.
Indeed? Given that you are known for saying bad things about good people, I will excuse that.
Only God could have saved Yuseless against Mendis' date=' and he did!:winky:[/quote'] exactly..only a player like Sachin can help someone who dreaded Mendis to handle him the way he is handling him now..Sachin :omg: u are above all..u are above GOD..holy shyte the word GOD has to be replaced by Sachin to imply his significance :D