Why has Gambhir been so much more fluent playing straight down the ground in the last year?

Mr. Wicket

The key to understanding Tendulkar is rediscovering something which 99.9% of us have lost in our mundane lives. He is a man who discovered a passion, chose it, implemented it, and the implementation was a grand success . How many people on the planet can claim to have achieved all 4 of the above criteria of a happy, fruitful, and complacent life? How many of us have gone the full distance - I've gone a few steps and can very well understand the pleasure of walking a few steps and the pain of relinquishing the conquests a few steps later.

The List of GOD's masterstrokes off the field is also growing.... Promoting Irfan Pathan to #3 which brought the batsman in irfan out... Suggesting Dhoni for Captaincy ( A Masterstroke in itself) Advices to Gauti.(Look at Gauti in the past year) Advices to Yuvi on Handling mendis Guys Please add on to this never ending list of masterstrokes of GOD off the field.
Post No: 40 Original Post: The article's now almost a year old. One year on, looks like SRT's advice has been working. :hmmm::rolleyes:
The List of GOD's masterstrokes off the field is also growing.... Promoting Irfan Pathan to #3 which brought the batsman in irfan out... Suggesting Dhoni for Captaincy ( A Masterstroke in itself) Advices to Gauti.(Look at Gauti in the past year) Guys Please add on to this never ending list of masterstrokes of GOD off the field.
Turning Yuvraj into a master batsman- first that innings against England in the last test at a time when India needed a replacement for Ganguly and Yuvraj needed some serious wisdom to make use of his talent at test level. Then turning him from Mendis's bunny into Mendis's nightmare. Only Sachin could have done that. Not to forget, Sehwag calls himself his student.
Not these days .. and only if playing for a Draw and mainly in 2nd innings or when the side has lost a bunch of wkts. If you eat up close to 100 balls and score very little you put tremendous amount of pressure on the other guy. This happens in almost all of RD's innings. He typically accelerates a little bit after going well past 50 ... BTW remember that 12 of 96 balls against Eng in 2007 ? He himself admitted that it must have been painfull for viewers.
Boss, That 12 off 96 was painful. Agree. But reliability is important in Tests and while the RD of recent hasn't been reliable, he has been an extremely important Test batsman for India. I hope you dont deny that.
@salil' date=' i have always hated the state & origin-biasness in player support.[/quote'] Indeed you have, which is why roughly four out of five of your posts are gushing one-eyed drivel about Sehwag, Gambhir, Chopra, Dhawan, Ishant or another Delhi player, or knocks against people who *GASP* don't come from Delhi.
Boss, That 12 off 96 was painful. Agree. But reliability is important in Tests and while the RD of recent hasn't been reliable, he has been an extremely important Test batsman for India. I hope you dont deny that.
Whiney, do you seriously think that a guy who has watched as much cricket as Bossbhai has will come down to your level of clueless-ness and start talking about how "important" he feels someone has been ? Even when he has seen that player in more matches than you ever will ?
Batsman A scores 50 of 100 balls Batsman B scores 50 of 80 balls over a much longer period Who is more reliable and valuable ?
batsman B, i presume that is SRT given your tone of the question. I dont know what the stats is for years 2003-4 to 2007. I think Dravid was one of the big successes during this period. However, last year or year and half, he has been poor. Anyway, if you are implying RD was more a problem for India, than a good thing for the team, I dont think so. But last year he has been a problem.
batsman B, i presume that is SRT given your tone of the question. I dont know what the stats is for years 2003-4 to 2007. I think Dravid was one of the big successes during this period. However, last year or year and half, he has been poor. Anyway, if you are implying RD was more a problem for India, than a good thing for the team, I dont think so. But last year he has been a problem.
So again, where is the rage? Where are the millions of posts about how RD is ruining Indian cricket? Where is the injury-wishing? Only asking this since I was not active here during that period, and you're so objective and non-worshiper. Feel free to ask your other objective fans too
I seriously don't know what to make of half this non sense This thread is about how Tendulkar helped Gambhir which somehow transcended into the stats / reliability / playing prowess of Indian player A versus Indian player B I'll just sit on the fence with my wow - e - pop and watch this back and fro nonsense
No sree its not about GG or SRT helping GG. It certainly 'giving it back' to fineleg thread. Why else will we discuss a year old news story.
I seriously don't know what to make of half this non sense This thread is about how Tendulkar helped Gambhir which somehow transcended into the stats / reliability / playing prowess of Indian player A versus Indian player B I'll just sit on the fence with my wow - e - pop and watch this back and fro nonsense
u popped ur waat? :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: