My favorite Pakistani cricketer

Looks like your choice and my choice is identical Shwetabh!!:nice:
Did you see Imran's bowling in the '82-'83 series - I think it was one of the first cricket series televised in India, at least the first one I remember watching. Most of it is too hazy for me, but I still remember one delivery to Kapil(?) which knocked out all three stumps from the ground! And the next year it was Marshall destroying India - it's so sad that cricket was so poorly documented in those days that it's near impossible to obtain proper footage of such excellent cricket beyond the odd 5 minute clip on youtube.

I don't quite remember cricket played in those year and I didn't even understand the nuances of the game then to enjoy it as much as I do now. But my father and uncles were so sports loving that most of the time since childhood I had seen them glued to radio transistors and that is how I started understanding what cricket meant to be. But whatever footage I have seen of Imran, I really liked him.

MoFo was good but I used to like Wasim and Wagar but then recently I saw a classic on Foxsports and I could clearly see Wasim bhai using his nails to scratch the ball and since then I have lost all respect for him.I dont mind afridi .. he provides "LULZ"
Whatever Wasim was a great bowler with the new ball .I remember the 1989 series with neutral umpires . He was bowling like breathing fire. Unplayable from the word go.Waqar too .
Did you see Imran's bowling in the '82-'83 series - I think it was one of the first cricket series televised in India, at least the first one I remember watching. Most of it is too hazy for me, but I still remember one delivery to Kapil(?) which knocked out all three stumps from the ground! And the next year it was Marshall destroying India - it's so sad that cricket was so poorly documented in those days that it's near impossible to obtain proper footage of such excellent cricket beyond the odd 5 minute clip on youtube.
I watched that series . Imran was the best .... but the question begs , did he cheat . Three factors should be brought to consideration. 1. Biased Umpiring , in fact it was terrible. I remember Maninder Singh's interview .. he claims you will never get an LBW in Pakistan. Also, couple kapil made a remark that most of the LBW decisions against Indians was atrocious . 2. Did Imran tamper with the ball and the answer would be a resounding yes. In fact , he himself admits to it and the ball was ridiculously out of shape when he bowled during that series. No wonder his in-dippers used to have prodigious curve. 3. External factors, like opening the gate of the stadium so that the swing is more exaggerated .. Paks used to do that when Imran bowled. Also , it didn't help that Indian batsmen like Vishy were terribly out of form ....

He converted to get the captaincy?? HAHA! man how do you guys come up with such disgusting stuff. His spot in the Test and ODIs was always permanent even before his conversion and after his conversion. As a matter of fact, his batting got much better after conversion as he dominated 2006 and broke the record for most Test runs in a calender year and for most Test hundreds (9) in one year. Not trying to say that due to conversion he became invisible, but trying to proof few people wrong here who are throwing dirt on him. MoYo is an excellent player, but he just doesn't have what it takes to lead, similar to Sachin, he always was the best bat and player for India, but was never the favorable choice for leading the team.

He converted to get the captaincy?? HAHA! man how do you guys come up with such disgusting stuff. His spot in the Test and ODIs was always permanent even before his conversion and after his conversion. As a matter of fact' date=' his batting got much better after conversion as he dominated 2006 and broke the record for most Test runs in a calender year and for most Test hundreds (9) in one year. [b']Not trying to say that due to conversion he became invisible, but trying to proof few people wrong here who are throwing dirt on him. MoYo is an excellent player, but he just doesn't have what it takes to lead, similar to Sachin, he always was the best bat and player for India, but was never the favorable choice for leading the team.
When did that happen?:nervous::nervous::nervous::omg:

My 2nd favorite team is Pakistan and I am one of the biggest fan of Shoaib Akthar and Wasim Akram.... but i hate Imran Khan!!...the guys is pure anti-indian and talks cr@p about India all the time... and he is effing Hypocrite!!!...spent all his life doing mastikhori in London and now makes fun of India in interviews with quotes like 'Indians are Kauwas and are trying to Hans(Swans)" or in another words India is trying to be Modern and Western... and his commentary, purely BIASED towards Pakistan... watch any of his commentry in India-Pak matches.... Ok Player and *****TY person!!

He converted to get the captaincy?? HAHA! man how do you guys come up with such disgusting stuff. His spot in the Test and ODIs was always permanent even before his conversion and after his conversion. As a matter of fact' date= his batting got much better after conversion as he dominated 2006 and broke the record for most Test runs in a calender year and for most Test hundreds (9) in one year. Not trying to say that due to conversion he became invisible, but trying to proof few people wrong here who are throwing dirt on him. MoYo is an excellent player, but he just doesn't have what it takes to lead, similar to Sachin, he always was the best bat and player for India, but was never the favorable choice for leading the team.
Have a re read of the bold part of post 18. That should clear your doubts about yo - yo converting religions to get into the PCB's good books Also check out P.J. Mir's allegations about the team being overtly religious and their shady dealings with tableeq - e - jamat I just love listening to yo - yo's interviews. I never really cared much for his cricketing prowess. On a serious note, Imran Khan is my favorite Pakistani cricketer as well as a very insightful and astute commentator. There are a few clips on youtube where he, Nasser and Manjrekar were part of a cricket analysis show for the 2006 india - pak series where india won 4 - 1. I feel he makes a lot of sense and comes across as a breath of fresh air, without sounding too over confident / cocky